Ferrari ROMA | Page 86 | FerrariChat

Ferrari ROMA

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ajr550, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Astrid.Didier

Astrid.Didier Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2019
    "It was developed with the classic Aston Martin/ Bentley GT buyer in mind" ... And it was a quite smart move, let's see if it will work or not!

2. gt_lusso

gt_lusso Karting

Oct 24, 2013
    Northern Europe
    Random guy on the street: * coughs *
    Astrid Didier: Yo! Have you heard about the Aston Martin DB9?

(Sorry Astrid, I couldn't resist myself from making this joke haha)

3. Astrid.Didier

Astrid.Didier Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2019
    And how could I understand your joke!, a non-English speaker like me, I couldn't understand the joke! But it's not a new thing for me, I guess the main problem with Americans, they think we "the NON English" speakers will understand their jokes!!!!!!

* A joke is something that relate to the very own culture of the society, so I may understand your English but NOT your Jokes!, and that's simply because I don't know your American culture.

Let's say because I came from country X, with a very different culture from yours, you won't understand our jokes nor we would be able to understand yours!!

* Advice/ Don't make jokes with those from country X, they are too much into tragedy, and they ONLY love tragedy movies, tragedy is the only way that make us laugh! :D:D:D:D

llk and gt_lusso like this.
  4. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Omg...here we go again.

About the car....I was in building my GTS and at the end we fired up the Roma configurator. What I found interesting is they have Pre loaded interior “specs” , Pre done configuration, so they are targeting a newer market. With that said, I did build our a car in the Roma blue (all my f cars are variation of grey and my wifes are red so this was a departure for me :) ) that I absolutely love. I am all for the elegance of an Aston on the exterior with a lion heart of Ferrari on the inside. IMHO, astons are kinda of all show and so so go and this will have absolute beauty and the might to back it up. Can’t wait

Senad and Astrid.Didier like this.
  5. inox

inox Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2017
    Do all Magneride Ferraris have 3 damper rates? For instance, Roma does not have ICE setting in Manettino.

vcappp likes this.
  6. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I have not sat in the Roma, but it seems very odd to me that they should have chosen to not have ICE. What are the settings then?

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. inox

inox Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2017
    Manettino settings:
    Portofino (3): Comfort, Sport, ESC Off
    Roma (5): Wet, Comfort, Sport, Race, ESC Off

vcappp likes this.
  8. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Rough spec....did while I was finalize my GTS. Going Roma Blue...first non grey F car in a long time!

Attached Files:

tomc, Senad, llk and 2 others like this.
  9. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    The tight overhead picture is especially neat. Nice build spec in that color combination and I note no black wheels...
    Thank you for sharing here!

RamsHmb likes this.
  10. 008

008 Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Very nice! I’m doing mugello over Bordeaux and many of the same selections as you. I’m debating the folding back seat because when I need extra space the kids will be in those seats. Also I thought 6500 for full electric was a bit rich considering I’m the only driver and will never use the option.

when are you submitting? Mines supposed to be in this week.

RamsHmb likes this.
  11. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Thanks and happy to! Trying to go 50s/60s old school GT so no carbon and no black wheels. A fellow fchater got in my head about black wheels and I think he is totally right ;).

of2worlds and Garretto like this.
  12. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Love it. We have a portofino in RM and everyone...and I mean everyone..compliments the color and how rich and deep it is. This was a first pass but will do the folding rear seat to try and get a little more storage. Didn’t catch how much that option was but will probably keep as my wife will use at times. Apple car play is the one that kills me...will pass on my GTS and here If similar pricing. My GTS spec was more urgent and done but haven’t heard how quickly I need to get this one done. Super excited about it though...I think it’s a beautiful car! Send some pics when u have the spec done.

edit...I did notice on the spec that I have Apple car play. That will be deleted if it’s anywhere close to other cars...I love Ferrari but this really should be a sub 1k option imho.

of2worlds likes this.
  13. Jay7739

Jay7739 Rookie

Nov 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Very nice build! Thanks for sharing.. Is the Magneride Dual Mode Suspension a must have? I built mine without it, how will it effect the ride? As I do plan on tracking the car.

Also regarding the sport exhaust pipes, are these the different colored tips or is it actually different set of exhaust system than the standard?

14. 008

008 Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Apple car play is about $4500 by most estimation. My dealer was told option pricing will pretty much track with the Portofino which makes sense. I have the pdf from the dealer configurator like yours but I don’t have a hosting site so don’t know how to upload.

15. 008

008 Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    Houston, TX
    I always say there’s no such thing as a must have option because everyone’s uses and taste vary wildly. I’m getting it because it was touted as the only performance option by the dealer and I too will track the car. No one actually knows at this point if it is for increased performance or comfort, we’ll have to see but I’m guessing the latter.

vcappp and Jay7739 like this.
  16. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Mixing red on red is tricky. There was a Texas customer who chose Rosso Mugello but with cuoio on a 458 or maybe a 488 it was a while ago now. However everyone seemed to enjoy that color combination and especially liked his paint choice. Many positive comments.
    Ferrari for their 575 press car chose grigio titanio over bordeaux. Worked great in that spec. Just not sure about mixing two reds but please share if you have a render of this Rosso Mugello with bordeaux build spec?
    When the

17. 008

008 Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Yeah, I get it. I've had a lot of tone on tone cars though and really like the mix. Especially my last blue on blue. Also, there is so much black in the interior of the Roma that realistically, it's more like a two tone interior with the seats being red. I have the PDF of the renderings but don't know if I can put it on here without a hosting site?

I also considered Pozzi and Roma over bordeaux both looked great but a bit more understated.

of2worlds likes this.
  18. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    True. Had the Lusso settings in mind for some reason.

19. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    My wife’s Porto is RM on cuoio if you want me to post some pics. It’s beautiful...imho

bobbyd and of2worlds like this.
  20. 008

008 Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Please do! Everyone enjoys pictures

of2worlds and RamsHmb like this.
  21. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Would love to see that. Buddy of mine has a Rosso Maranello xar coming.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

of2worlds and RamsHmb like this.
  22. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    I will take some pics tomorrow. Car is a little dirty but u will get the feel. It really is stunning.

23. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
  24. 008

008 Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    Houston, TX

Attached Files:

RamsHmb, cavallinorampante85 and BJK like this.