360 - Window does not open | FerrariChat

360 Window does not open

Discussion in '360/430' started by Vegas CS, Feb 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    #1 Vegas CS, Feb 18, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    Hey all,

BLUF.....I did a Google search/Fchat search and tried a couple things brought up by the results to no avail.

I recently picked up another CS and have a question. The drivers side door window will not open that 1/4" when pulling the inside door lever. I immediately thought it was the microswitch and I changed it out with a new part with no change to the issue. I disconnected the battery for 30 mins and did a window relearn with no success. I'm hoping it's not the green box in the left side of the drivers side footwell as it's almost $1k.

Additionally, the window does do the small drop when opening from the outside.

Any thoughts?

tia,
    Jim

2. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
  3. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

there are 3 microswitches. which one you replaced

its either
    1. the microswitch is bad
    2. the microswitch's position need to be adjusted
    3. like the previous gentleman mello pointed out, the hinge harness area

4. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    Thank you for the replies!

I replaced the micro switch that is inside the interior door panel. When you pull on the lever inside it makes the “click”. I checked the lever is in contact correctly, no corrosion observed in the door jam connector.

5. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    Additionally, the window does go down that little bit when the door is opened from the inside. Again, operates normally from the outside.

6. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

If the pre-drop you have from outer door handle is 1 inch , the pre-drop is 1/2 inch from inside?

if it is like what I described , it maybe something mechanical, something is blocking the window somehow