Navigation map/update on FF? hack? | FerrariChat

Navigation map/update on FF? hack?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Bamsefar, Feb 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    So my FF is a 2016, and I do have the original (although updated) navi system.

Has anyone got any new maps loaded into this navi system?
    Or has anyone, considering it is a well not Ferrari system (to say the least), managed to hack the navi map system or something?

2. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    The head unit is the same as the Chrysler RHR 730n. I don’t know if generic Chrysler updates will work or if you need a Ferrari specific update package.

Most of the info on the web is from US users who have the 730 unit in their Jeeps. I don’t know if Fiat auto used this unit in any European made cars other than Ferrari but as Jeep is also available in Europe, there should be Euro firmware and software update discs available.

The general consensus among US users is that there is no hack or workaround - you simply need to pony up the $150 for the update discs.

I personally prefer to use a TomTom which has the added advantage of speed trap alerts :)

3. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    Great info! Now I can google it :)

Is the "Chrysler RHR 730n" the last Ferrari version - what I am asking I guess is that this seems to NOT be the one I have in my FF 2016 if I am not mistaken?

Edit: I think this is the first iteration of navi computer - which is the one from 2015? Or am I making a mistake here?

4. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    ah - apologies. I missed the significance of that detail...

You’re correct. The Chrysler unit was installed in the earlier FFs. If yours is 2016 then it’ll be the updated unit (recognisable by having 2 rotary knobs). My apologies but I haven’t researched that one as I don’t have it...

Bamsefar likes this.
  5. FerrariFR33458

FerrariFR33458 Formula 3

Aug 4, 2017
    Wash DC Area
    Full Name:
    FR33
    2012 FF here, I use my cell with Waze. Its updated, reports traffic, accidents, police, items in the road, etc

6. carlo50

carlo50 Rookie

Apr 12, 2022
    Full Name:
    Carl Roberts
    Reviving an old thread, were map updates available for the pre facelift navigation in a 2012 FF? Dont mind paying for it, didnt find anything when searching the usual sources of older maps (copies) and wouldnt fancy using a none specific one that deletes Ferrari logos etc

Re using Waze or whatever, no Carplay in mine, can it be connected so that the speech comes through the car?

Thanks

7. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    it has been a while since i put my pioneer in but you shld be able to hear waze through your wife phone connection on the oem 2012 radio no? im almost certain i was able to.

8. kenwidmerpool

kenwidmerpool Rookie

Jun 17, 2016
    California
    I think if you dig around in the menu of the navigation/audio system you will find a system/about/version tab. It has if I remember correctly information about the company that updates the nav maps. A couple years ago I googled it and they had a somewhat janky but apparently functional website with information for obtaining the map updates. I'll look again tomorrow I don't remember now the site. This is for 2012 FF.