FERRARI FF Exhaust Rattle sound | FerrariChat

FERRARI FF Exhaust Rattle sound

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Davidepiu, Feb 16, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Davidepiu

Davidepiu Rookie

Jan 19, 2020
    Full Name:
    Davide MASIA
    Hello guys i noticed when i accelerate or cold start the sound is rattling?

What you think see below

2. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands
    I’m sorry Davide - I cant hear any rattle.

If you’re describing the ‘rasping’ buzzing sound on cold startup as a rattle then it’s perfectly normal (well, at least mine does it too). I also get the rasp on acceleration so that’s why I assume it’s normal and all part of the enjoyable sound of the car. And before you ask, a slightly lumpy idle in the first 10-20 seconds after a cold start is also normal.

3. Davidepiu

Davidepiu Rookie

Jan 19, 2020
    Full Name:
    Davide MASIA
    The rasp sound go and gos in the end of acceleration in parking ofc, it really sound like rattling

4. andyrichter

andyrichter Karting

Jul 18, 2017
    Oahu
    It’s still hard to tell if it’s rasp or loose components. I would crawl underneath and take a look at the exhaust clamps and muffler straps to make sure everything is torqued to spec. I would do it sooner rather than later if you’re worried. I say this because I am currently dealing with an issue where a muffler securing strap loosened, and I could hear rattling on initial acceleration. The vibration caused 2 cracked pipes at the welds that completely separated from the muffler from not addressing the issue earlier, and I don’t put many miles on this car either. I hope it isn’t as big an issue as mine. Good luck

5. Davidepiu

Davidepiu Rookie

Jan 19, 2020
    Full Name:
    Davide MASIA
    Yes i called ferrari that say was normal my ass

Went to my friend exhaust shop did a mufflee removal, and u know what i gonna live it like that

Hahahaha

Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. PTG1

PTG1 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Can it be run like that? Sounds great
    Sent from my SM-F916B using FerrariChat.com mobile app