365 GTC 4 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

365 GTC 4

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by acd683, Nov 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jippiejake

jippiejake Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2012
    Venice Beach
    Full Name:
    Mike Kerns
    You mentioned Home Depot, so funny..I take mine to Home Depot all the time. Not for lumber, just for small items. Fun cars to just use for daily errands..Once I was at Rite Aid in the Marina Del Rey and this large SUV stops and the tinted window rolls down and it was Denzel Washington asking me if that was a Daytona?. I said no, but its even better. Come on out and see if it fits you.. He did and he looked great. I wish I got a picture..

375+, JP365, Daytonafan and 1 other person like this.
  2. straightpipe

straightpipe Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2007
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    #52 straightpipe, Jan 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    That's a great story, Thanks for repeating it. I had the head newscaster in Phila ask me about my Honda K3 750 at a stoplight. Still have the bike but he's long gone
    I normally use my back seat delete 04 JCW mini for HD. Lumber, toilets, anything that fits. Great car and fast, parks anywhere.

3. johnaz

johnaz Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2009
    Carefree, AZ/Anchorage, Alaska
    Full Name:
    John Schwamm
    NO repaint, truly original but engine and drive train, brakes, suspension bushings, shocks, etc all redone because it sat too long. Interior mint, especially mouse hair, never seen one this nice before, like showroom new. Even still has the lead tax seal on the steering column. Now 3650 miles, drove it a bit, will drive it more.
    John
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Bowzer, albkid, miurasv and 10 others like this.
  4. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    Beautiful car!! I really like the silver exterior. The color adds class to a very under-rated Ferrari. I have had the pleasure of driving 3 different C/4s....two I owned [one silver and one dark blue] and one was my Dad's [burgundy].

Maybe one day I will find another "right" C/4. Enjoy that amazing find of yours! Thanks for posting pictures.

Bowzer likes this.
  5. gudz

gudz Karting

Nov 23, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Stephen Goodhand
    Just another little bit of info, which kind of links to the picture above. The GTC/4 was the first car to be designed by Pininfarina which made use of it's new wind tunnel. It's also regarded as the last of the Enzo era cars.

Bowzer likes this.
  6. Trachsel

Trachsel Karting

Aug 8, 2008
    Muri BE
    My C4, 16 273, left Maranello the16th of January 1973

7. Bill--GTC/4

Bill--GTC/4 Rookie

May 25, 2011
    I owned a GTC/4 for six years and really enjoyed it. In my opinion, its best design feature is that crease that sets the entire top profile of the front fender and then runs the full length of the car. To me, that flowing line really “defines” the car’s style. It also adds some much-needed character to the rear quarter panel, which is relatively bland without it. The most exquisite touch, however, is on the door, where, on its rearward journey, the crease fades out about 10 inches after the door’s leading edge and then reappears just above the door handle.

Unfortunately, aft of the front fender that crease becomes very subtle; it can only be seen if lighting conditions and reflections are just right, and it only really “pops” if those conditions are perfect. Most photos at best just catch a partial hint of the line on the quarter panel, and that fade-out / fade-in on the door is even more elusive.

(To all my automotive designer friends, I apologize for undoubtedly having butchered proper design terminology.)

Bill

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. 15765

15765 Formula Junior

May 14, 2012
    Las Vegas NV
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    365GTC/4 - 365GT4 2+2 Comparable.

I have one of each to compare and when you are driving them you can hardly tell the difference. So If anyone is looking to purchase a 365GTC/4 or any other 12 Cylinder Classic but doesn't want to spend the extra money, they should take a look at the 365GT4 2+2s. They are nearly the same car through out except the frame was lengthened to accommodate the rear seats and the new pininfarina body. Other than that, nearly everything about the cars will interchange, engine, trans, rear axle assy (lower ratio), front and rear suspension, knock off wheels, and the interior and dash from the back of the front seats forward are nearly the same. Also both cars were built at the pininfarina assembly plant for Ferrari. There was 500 of the 365GT4 2+2s built between 1973 and 1976. You can buy them for under $100,000.00 while a comparable 365GTC/4 will cost over double that, and you will have two extra seats to take the family along.

Chuck King

readplays and Nembo1777 like this.
  9. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Saw this example yesterday at "Concours in the Hills", located in Fountain Hills Arizona. Was a good turnout of around 1000 cars of all varieties. John's example is just outstanding.... probably the finest I have ever seen.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    16273 is the Geneva Motor Show car March 1973.
    Here it is in May 2016.

Marcel Massini

Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. johnaz

johnaz Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2009
    Full Name:
    John Schwamm
    Zanny 1,
    Thanks very much. The Ferrari club gave it a trophy for best pre 19733 Ferrari. Turned over 3700 original miles on the drive to the show.
    The Fountain Hills show was the biggest and best ever, appeared to b well over 1000 cars, and 24 food trucks!!
    John

jippiejake likes this.
  12. henk3

henk3 Karting

Feb 14, 2011
    Amsterdam
    Full Name:
    Henk de Vries
    Bowzer, Wheels1, Hoodude and 8 others like this.
  13. henk3

henk3 Karting

Feb 14, 2011
    Amsterdam
    Full Name:
    Henk de Vries
    Chassis 16287 dates from May 1974

14. bertdeboer340

bertdeboer340 Formula 3

Sep 16, 2003
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert de Boer
    Gorgeous car, color suits the car very well. Hope to see it someday here in Holland

Nembo1777 likes this.
  15. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    It was completed January 1973, delivered to Charles Pozzi SA in February 1973 and stayed there until first sold on 24 April 1974 to original owner Mr. Parret.
    Remember that in 1973 there was the oil crisis and lots of brand new expensive cars remained unsold and stayed with dealers and importers for a very long time.
    The original color of 16287 is Blu Ribot 2.443.031 with Beige VM 3218 interior.

Marcel Massini

SCantera and 375+ like this.
  16. bertdeboer340

bertdeboer340 Formula 3

Sep 16, 2003
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert de Boer
    According to the Dutch Department of Road Transport the date of first admission is 06 May 1974.

Bert

17. johnaz

johnaz Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2009
    Full Name:
    John Schwamm
    Henk,
    Beautiful C4. We were in Amsterdam a couple months ago inspecting a couple GTC4 cars there. Passed on them and bought the silver one with only 3700 miles. Nice one there with only 20,000km in Rosso Nearco, but prefer the lower mile silver car we bought.
    Yours is very nice with original , rare for sure. How is the mouse hair dash/interior? total km?
    John

18. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    I know of one for sale in the uk, go on treat yourself as this one is mint.

19. johnaz

johnaz Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2009
    Full Name:
    John Schwamm
    There were two in UK at Joe Macari dealer, but restored cars, not original. Mouse hair is black on dash and to me does not look right.
    And they are priced very high. Nice cars if one wants restored examples..
    John

20. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
  21. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
  22. johnaz

johnaz Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2009
    Full Name:
    John Schwamm
  23. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    correct mouse fur is available.

24. johnaz

johnaz Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2009
    Full Name:
    John Schwamm
    It is similar, but all I have seen is black, very black, does not fade so just not correct look in my view.
    Best one is from Netherlands, but still black, black. Has the correct texture but look at any of the restored cars, very black.
    The Autosport car is missing the toolkit holder that goes in spare tire to hold toolkit, one for sale on ebay now could correct that.
    John

25. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    As mentioned so many times already, this is one of the very best sources:

Andrea & Stefania MAIELI
    Interni Auto Maieli
    Via Francesco Baracca 3
    I-46048 Canedole di Roverbella
    (Mantova)
    ITALY