lack sf90 interest? | Page 16 | FerrariChat

lack sf90 interest?

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by 95spiderman, Oct 31, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Why on earth not? Can't see the problem. If the dealers have issues unloading an allocation, you are doing them a favour.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    They might not want it to be known they couldnt find customers for all of their allocations esp if the word from Spa is that it's sold out.

3. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    They are not sold out. Only the Divo went quickly. Chiron used is less than msrp already. Many slots available to build.

Running costs are normal. Biz partner has one.

technom3 likes this.
  4. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    It has not been declared sold out, and Ferrari spa can see in their system what's not sold. If they have an issue, they will contact the dealer directly. Trust me, if a dealer has an allocation, and a client is looking for one, you not saying is not helping anyone.
    Ferrari spa is not going to come here and read your post, then contact a dealer with complaints for not selling a car, that's absurd.
    Is this in reality a case of unsubstantiated hearsay and a loose rumour you can't confirm? It sure feels that way.

If these have not sold their allocations at some point within a set number of months, Ferrari spa will take action against them. But it will not happen because of dome random post on Ferrarichat advertising that set dealers might have an allocation - that's nonsense.

Forgive me for being blunt about this, I just think you're doing the dealers and comunity a disservice by keeping it under wraps if indeed your info is solid, because there are clients scouting for SF90 allocations.

LVP488 and Slicknick like this.
  5. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    FWIW FofUSA does monitor here.

6. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    I wonder how @FNA enjoyed the Roma wet sump story.... :D
    Not to mention the 'front grill' controversy.

and for that crowd what is a wet sump?o_O

7. Glenn Quagmire

Glenn Quagmire Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    I've inquired with several dealers (including the one with my F8 order), and haven't found anyone with an open spot...just waiting lists. Too bad, because I'd probably be a taker...

stavura, Igor Ound and technom3 like this.
  8. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    A wet sump lubrication system is one that allows you to accurately determine the oil level with a dip stick. While the only way to accurately know how much oil is in a dry sump system is to drain and change it. :)

of2worlds likes this.
  9. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Or you just monitor the oil level in the separate tank for oil in the dry sump set-up...

MANDALAY likes this.
  10. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Very true. All I'm saying is that Ferrari spa and FNA does not scour the boards for things they might jump on like that
    If someone here posts that they have heard that a dealer has an allocation for a car, so what? It's not like they don't already know. If Ferrari FNA or Ferrari spa had an issue with these two dealers because two allocations have been sitting too long, they would already have contacted the dealers in question.
    So again, all I'm saying is that both FNA and Ferrari spa would probably see it as one of the many advantages of our community. They are in the car selling business after all.

If Glenn is actually looking for an available allocation, it is pretty silly not to do both him and the dealer a favour and point him to where an allocation can be found.

11. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    What happens to your ego when you call your dealer to order an SF90 and they have no more spots left. :)

technom3 and of2worlds like this.
  12. Glenn Quagmire

Glenn Quagmire Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 13, 2019
    USA
    Being new to Ferrari, I couldn’t care less. Plenty of other cylinders to bang...

F142George likes this.
  13. manya81

manya81 Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2008
    Full Name:
    Robert
  14. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Not sure it was targeted at you as a newcomer. More a general comment of those who keep saying that the SF90 is doing poorly and allocations are plentiful:) Note that this does not include of2worlds either. Can't remember him being particularly negative about the SF90 and its sales numbers.

I think Caeruleus11 makes a good point. We see some people here who seem to be overly enthusiastic about telling others how poorly the SF90 is doing etc. So yes, I would say it would be an interesting wakeup call for their ego if they called up their trusted dealer whom would never let them down, and ask for one of the many lonely SF90 allocations out there lol:D

15. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    I saw one of the dealers I speak to yesterday. They have sold out their allocations of SF90 and 812 GTS. They have a fairly long list of customers who have “pre-orders”/IOIs for 812 GTS but no allocations to give them.

In my opinion Ferrari would release more SF90 allocations if there is demand and will probably cover that with the SF90 Spider. They never said this is a limited model, they should make as many as people want and since their total production broke the magic 10,000 barrier in 2019, I don’t see them overly worried about exclusivity. On the other hand it looks like the 812GTS really is in short supply.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  16. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    As great technologically as the SF90 is, it doesn't really occupy an existing Ferrari model niche which I guess might be why people are a bit cold about it, its not like you can compare it to a prior car. The other issue is the 812 is an amazing car defined by an amazing engine. Is this engine as amazing, emotively I cannot see how it could be, it will never sound like a V12 at 8500 rpm.

This car is in my view Ferrari's "959".

17. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I guess there is a limit due to production capacity. This is a really complex car.

Indeed, but it should easily outperform the 812.

Interesting analogy.

18. Ferrari 360 CS

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    I'd still have a 812 over a SF90 and that's decision is even easier if its a 812 GTS. Simply because the 812 is plenty fast enough and the engine has true character which I doubt this V8 will have. In short...there is more to cars than outright speed.

I applaud Ferrari for building the SF90 as a showcase for technology.

Astrid.Didier and j09333 like this.
  19. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I would never buy a convertible, unless it is a boulevard cruiser.

Most certainly, but what makes you think that the Stradale won't be amazing to drive? Or do you care only about the sound?

20. Ferrari 360 CS

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Amazing is subjective. For me the sound is an integral part of the driving experience, so the SF90 might do 0-60 a few tenths faster than a 812 but will the ordinary man really feel the difference? I doubt it. For the SF90 should have been V12.....nice new down scaled V12 with electric assistance.

Can you honestly say the SF90 is far enough ahead of the F8 in general aesthetic?

All modern supercars are amazing to drive, not all connect the driver in an intangible way, I hope despite the V8 the SF90 does manage to do this.

ryalex, Astrid.Didier and j09333 like this.
  21. gowthamn

gowthamn Karting

Jan 21, 2019
    I have been thinking about this as well. Is the SF90 worth it over a F8 for driving on the road?
    I am not going to take either for the track as I will buy a Challenge car for that.

Astrid.Didier likes this.
  22. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I think we are more than capable of sensing those few tenths of a second. Just think about how different a 488 feels compared to a GT3RS and we're talking a difference of what, 0.2-0.3 seconds of a difference in the real world. Stepping out of a 488 and into a GT3RS, makes you wonder if the clutch is slipping. There's a lot of noise but not enough motorvation going on:)

Don't forget that it also takes more energy and affects your body differently. Going from 3.3 to 3.0 is not the same as going from 2.8 to 2.5. The forces involved with the latter, is much greater and it will feel more violent.

Think of it this way. Going from 0-100 kph in 5 seconds vs. 6 seconds, feels totally different than going from 4 seconds to 3 seconds. Now imagine going from 3 to 2 seconds once we get that far. I've driven drag cars that does 0-100 kph in sub 2 seconds time and keeps pulling hard to 260, and that's a totally unique feeling. So yes, I'd say going from 2.8-2.9 to 2.5 or better, is very significant, because we're getting closer to the point where some stop having a pleasant and fun physical sensation, but rather a strained and unpleasant experience. For some of us, the limits of what feels nice is at a higher threshold than for others. Some of us experience such physical loads and sensory inputs as pleasant and thrilling. But some will feel it very uncomfortable, if not down right painful.

This has nothing to do with being "a man" or tuff, people are just different. I've never seen anybody get a properly physical bad experience if going 0-100 kph in 5 seconds. Frightening for some perhaps, but not physically bad.
    But take some people for a ride in the passenger seat of a 2000 hp Trans Am, launch that chicken off a trans-brake, and more than a few will decline a second go-round once they catch their breath - others will be impossible to get out of the car.

I'm very excited about the prospect of a car as fast as the SF90, and I think it will be a blast to drive:)

As for looks? Viewed in person, I think it really stands out from the previous generation. Yes, the side vents are very similar, but that is to me where it stops. Yes, both cars are Manzoni designs and it shows, but still, I see them as very different - especially due to the pronounces cab-forward design.

x z8, SirPouyan and of2worlds like this.
  23. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Seems like there is a lack of interest in the lack of interewt thread

24. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Nah. But currently there's not much to debate. The car has yet to get to reviews, and Italy is down with the flu. But if you got something interesting, please, by all means.

25. Jeffg11

Jeffg11 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 31, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff Grabowski