Daily Driving an F12 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Daily Driving an F12

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by hanz, Jan 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Oz-ATL

Oz-ATL Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2011
    What color is that? So nice. Doesn’t look like Grigio Titanio.

2. rlips

rlips Formula Junior

Jul 29, 2011
    New Jersey, USA
    Argento Nuerburgring

3. Oz-ATL

Oz-ATL Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2011
    Looks more pearl in the photo. Suits the F12 nicely.

4. Shamsta

Shamsta Rookie

Nov 25, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Robert S.
    The thought of DD a Ferrari is so exotic to me. More power to all you DD's. I'm on my 1st Ferrari and I can't DD my F12... yet. Maybe in time that will change. Of course, where you live and daily commute are big factors, but an F12 is by no means a subtle car. Not to mention, there are too many STUPID drivers out there on their cell phones (my wife and her friends) and I fear anyday, one will come plowing into me.
    I feel most comfortable pulling up to job sites in my dirty model S as a DD.

Times likes this.
  5. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Thats a good looking ride. How about an interior shot?

6. Pis7a2020

Pis7a2020 Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2019
    I had 39k miles on my 2016 F12 before trading her in on an 812. These cars are meant to be enjoyed and the F12 is just an amazing car.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

FerrariFR33458 and Thecadster like this.
  7. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    Good call. I drove about 35,000 miles in my F12, in fact it’s for sale somewhere. It was always serviced and no expense was spared, it just may be one of the cheapest out there. I will try and find the link.

it’s fun to drive the F12 or any Ferrari everyday, being purely objective the F12 is not a great GT car as its twitchy, overpowered, has only 2 turns lock to lock so steering jumpy, but hey it didn’t stop me.

8. rlips

rlips Formula Junior

Jul 29, 2011
    New Jersey, USA

Attached Files:

DRYHOLE, gds7368, Caeruleus11 and 4 others like this.
  9. F12POZZI

F12POZZI Rookie

Jan 13, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark Vaghei
    Just got an F12 but can’t drive it everyday yet , need to sell my Turbo S , and I have a Toyota RAV 4 which I drive to my job sites to stay low key and am able to carry stuff in it ! But soon I am going to start driving my F12 more on a daily basis , I hate for it to just sit in the garage !!

10. mthompson2376

mthompson2376 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2017
    North East England
    Full Name:
    Mark Thompson
    Couldn’t agree more....perfectly said....I had a Speciale and F12 and just found myself going for the V12 every time....traded In the Speciale and now looking for challenge track car....much cheaper way to go racing on tracks than super exotic (semi collectibles)...you can pick up an old challenge 458 for £120k as opposed to PIsta or Speciale at £330k.... the difference buys quite a few spare tires !

tekaefixe, Mike Chawla and day355 like this.
  11. rlips

rlips Formula Junior

Jul 29, 2011
    New Jersey, USA
    Yes, and you get real aero, slicks and a proper cage. Plus lighter.

tekaefixe likes this.
  12. Mike Chawla

Mike Chawla Karting

Dec 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mike Chawla
    interesting! always wanted to know mid-engine handling vs F12 or 812 if its far off in terms of handling grip agility and planting, speciale suppose to be 10/10 in terms of handling and feel of the car but you still opt for v12 which is great, I have 812 and Lusso T love the car so much but would like to learn about Ferrari mid-engine how they feel..

13. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Mid engines have much better handling than a front engine v12. No comparison.

14. mthompson2376

mthompson2376 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2017
    North East England
    Full Name:
    Mark Thompson
    On track I would want a Speciale all day long yep 10/10 for handling, chassis is perfectly balanced with the power and without lumps of torque and turbos, absolutely no understeer and they are simply amazing, but the truth is, I just wasn’t on track most of the time, and last time I was (5 months ago), the grunt of 812’s were just blowing me away in the Speciale down the straights despite me getting a run on them out of the corners, (and that gap has closed too with the rear wheel steering compared to the F12) once the 812’s got into their gallop, they were incredible. On normal roads you can’t (safely anyway) get anywhere near the true limits of a Speciale, anyone who has truly pushed their Speciale on track would agree, so then other factors come into the equation, and whilst the V12’s are heavier, and you can feel it, the handling is still 90% of the Speciale but 120% quicker in a straight line, and actually the difference in handling characteristics on normal (bumpy) roads is much closer, so other enjoyment factors come in, for me the the sound, pure outright thrust and silkiness of the V12 just won every time. So quick in fact despite the weight disadvantage, the F12 is faster around fiorano than the Speciale, and the 812 matches the Pista. Really the handling is sublime on the V12’s which are sort of mid engine.

In addition I found the Speciale had a very race exhaust note which was great for a 30 min blast but then started to drone on a little, not as high pitch as the standard car, I personally like the edginess of the F12 and despite having an 812 GTS on order, I will be keeping my F12. The F12 is just fabulous on an open country road, just have to drop the window slightly to absorb that V12 banshee screaming howl....

I do miss my Speciale, they really are 10/10 which for me is highlighted on track....every where else I just love my F12, can’t wait for my 812...

The F12 look like the bargain of the Ferrari line up at current prices. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    mthompson2376 likes this.
  16. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike

Details on TurboS ?- I'm on the hunt for one.

Mike

17. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    congradulations

18. DreamingF12

DreamingF12 Rookie

Feb 18, 2020
    Full Name:
    Dick Seidenstricker
    Just registered on Forum as I am considering swapping my 2017 Audi R8 for an F12 and trying to learn as much I can about others experiences with F12's. In the summer, I daily drive the R8 putting about 5,000 miles a summer on it. Similar plan for the F12. Sounds like many others are using theirs the same way.

So many questions:
    - One suggestion was only buy CPO so a Ferrari extended warranty can be purchased. Comments
    - I'm torn between my love of silver metallic cars and classic Ferrari red. One suggestion was that "Resale" red is the only way to go.
    - How much pricing room is there on most dealers' inventory. I'm seeing a 2014 for $190k with 32,000 miles to a 2017 for $395k with about 4,000 miles. How do you determine a fair price.

Thanks

19. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East

- One suggestion was only buy CPO so a Ferrari extended warranty can be purchased. Comments Get the warranty, negotiate it into the price.
    - I'm torn between my love of silver metallic cars and classic Ferrari red. One suggestion was that "Resale" red is the only way to go. Not at all, I wouldn't buy a red F12. Silver, gray, black or blue for me.
    - How much pricing room is there on most dealers' inventory. I'm seeing a 2014 for $190k with 32,000 miles to a 2017 for $395k with about 4,000 miles. How do you determine a fair price. A low mileage CPO car is going to run you between $210k and $240K depending on year and options.

20. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    IMO you can't swap an R8 for an F12 if you mean straight up trade. These cars cost $400K new and are in another league so your going to have to spend cash for a good car. I say this as a general statement to start out but you've probably figured this out. There is also annual maintenance, additional maintenance you may want and the annual service warranty you mention. The warranty is about $7k/year with no claims. Best to negotiate that in (at least the first year) on the sale.

As far as the color, its hard to find a color the F12 does not look awesome in. Pay for the color you lust after and not just for resale considerations. Personally, I would not look at any modern Ferrari with tens of thousands of miles on it. There's just no need to. Spec, condition and mileage in that order. If you go through with it and can afford it you will not be disappointed that's for sure.

21. -K1-

-K1- Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2008
    Northern Italy
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Pictures please! Verde Seabird!

22. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    ERACobra, tfazio and Boomhauer like this.
  23. -K1-

-K1- Formula Junior

Jul 10, 2008
    Northern Italy
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Thank you. Perfect spec. No shields and black callipers.

24. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Calipers are Nero Lucido.

Marcel Massini

25. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Amazing how the beautiful lines of the car show so much better w/o the shields to distract.