NEW MID ENGINED V6 (LITTLE BROTHER) | Page 12 | FerrariChat

NEW MID ENGINED V6 (LITTLE BROTHER)

Discussion in '296' started by ajr550, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    A V6 should be a Dino, sold under both Ferrari and Maserati dealers.

I don't believe they would sell any fewer calling them Dino's over Ferrari's while Ferrari's can remain more exclusive.

Make 10,000 Dino's a year. No one is going to care.

G. Pepper likes this.
  2. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Maybe a NA non-hybrid V6. I would certainly be interested in that!

3. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Agreed.... but a V6 should be under the Dino brand and make a ton of them. That's what happened in 1969. They ended up folding the Dino 308 into the Ferrari 308 for more sales but today, I don't think its the same.

4. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Can't see it - would need to be seen to be believed. There are just far too many cars available not including cars which aren't being advertised. Some cars have been on line now for well over 12 months so what miracle some are hoping for is anyone's guess given these cars are all aging and aren't likely to go up with later model cars continuing to surface.

PA Wolfpacker likes this.
  5. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    #280 MANDALAY, Jan 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    Agree short term not going to happen. I cant see everyone going for the LB and trading in their new F8's or 488's for a V6. These 488's are due to the Pista.The number of Spyders is also on the rise again due to the Pista spyders coming in.

I highly doubt the BB and or the LB will have the same effect.

Ferrari Australia should have protected the 488 because of the Pista and offered more for the trade ins.

This situation has caused grief to those who had to sell because of their new car coming in and those that just need to sell their car.

It also affects those wanting to upgrade.

6. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Agreed. Fact is that the progression and pricing is in part driven by the fact, that a lot of people want the latest and greatest. Also, times change and people move on. Like with the 458, there will be a bunch of people holding on to their F8 and 488 thinking it will never get better. But they are not the ones who will control the market. The market will be controlled by all the newcomers and those who say "why should I pay a premium for your old car, when I can get a newer, better and possibly faster car for a bit more or the same?". It's no different than the 458 owners who thought they sat on a goldmine but are now just realizing that the 458 has depreciated like everything else. Am I partial to the non-hybrid V8? Yes, but I'm not blind to the realities of what is coming. New car is coming and the outgoing model will lose value and its top spot. Nothing more than history repeating itself.

There's a PM in your inbox btw:)

7. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    I don't know the Australian market but the oversupply of used 488 caused by trade-ins for the allegedly ultra-rare Pista does not make much sense to me.

8. Reiziger

Reiziger Rookie

Aug 22, 2018
    Disneyland
    I wont pretend I have any knowledge of the inner workings at Ferrari. So whatever the reasons (regulations, emissions, shareholders) they switch to V6, Hybrid, GPF etc, they do on future models irrespective of my little opinion.

However when it comes to the LB, please please please Mr Manzoni, to all that is holy, please make it PRETTY! Roma and F8 are going in the right direction but this time pull out all the stops... Aesthetics are not everything but they sure can put a smile on the face, just look at the eco-boost V6 Ford GT ;)

9. Astrid.Didier

Astrid.Didier Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2019
    You can't ask any designer to make something pretty!!!!

10. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Are you implying that Manzoni is not capable of creating a beautiful design? That right there shows your lack of insight.
    Are you here just to stir the pot and create drama? You're talking a lot of trash and have shown zero ability to back up your statements so far.

jm2 likes this.
  11. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    #286 Astrid.Didier, Jan 25, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
    Hi Co, in the design world (all kind of design) they sometimes say that sentence "don't ask/push a designer to make something pretty", it means every designer should only come with his own idea and don't push a designer to do something he/she doesn't believe in!! :D THAT'S ALL!

That was the meaning!, and of-course I have tried to reply you 2 days ago concerning my other message, but I was too busy, working, and you know very well how much I respect you and love you, because I never forget how nice and helpful you were to me when I was asking about the 488/F8 etc..

Ivinsea likes this.
  12. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    Here's another huge misunderstanding, let me re write my words in a better English, I guess my English is too bad:D
    It wasn't the talented designer who laughed , NO, he just looked at me in a terrible way, as a result and because of his funny face reaction, I laughed a lot and I couldn't say anything!
    He didn't show any disrespect or anything like that, he just didn't like the design, and of-course he is free, but he showed me that in a funny way because he is too old and very respectable, and I just laughed as a reaction, and of-course I didn't laugh because of Manzoni!! (OF-COURSE NO) it's true I don't like Manzoni's last designs but (HEY) I respect all people. ...sorry to reply too late, I was too busy working! Cheers, love.

Ivinsea likes this.
  13. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    He just thinks that his notion of "pretty" is universal. Anyway, a supercar should not be pretty, it should be handsome!!!

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  14. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    Maybe what you have always considered as male, it's actually a female, it's (UNA Ferrari) or (LA Ferrari)/ That's 100% not masculine, and of-course it should be pretty NOT handsome!! And that apples to everything!;):D:D

15. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Do you really want to get pedantic with me? No problem sir!

Let me explain a few things to you then. In good ole England we used to refer to ships in the feminine gender. This transferred into noble cars (the every day ones had a neutral gender). The Italians and the French did the same (I don't know about the Germans). The cars themselves though are not feminine. They most certainly are masculine and aggressive, hence the "handsome" adjective. Hairdressers on the other hand like "pretty" cars...

16. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    Of-course I don't know about "good old England", but let me assure you that a colleague of mine she is from Milano, she Insist it's UNA Ferrari and she has never heard that a Ferrari should be masculine! She is so proud of her Italian langue and Ferrari means a lot to her like all Italians, and I don't want her to be angry hearing that the English people decided that a Ferrari should be masculine!!:D

It's * una Ferrari, una Lamborghini, una Pagani o una McLaren!!;);):D

17. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Hmm ok so LS it is then.

Little Sister

Astrid.Didier likes this.
  18. Astrid.Didier

Nov 8, 2019
    Of-course, you are right, that's a very good point!;) No more LB! it's the new LS, sounds even better!

19. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Unless she is Giovanna Amati I don't really care for her ideas...

20. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Porsche GT3 is the only answer in 6cyl N/A segment

21. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Am I mistaken but the LB wont be seen this year ?

Ferrari will do the same thing as the 488. Sell F8's and get orders as many as possible then release it at the 2021 Geneva ?

22. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I'm told launch this year and production starting August 23th 2021 after factory shut-down.

23. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    F140C and Doug23 like this.
  24. Doug23

Doug23 Karting

Jun 23, 2017
    Italy
    According to Enrico Galliera, during 2020 we will see updates/variants of existing models, but no brand new cars

Tapatalk @bah-L09

F140C likes this.
  25. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Unless the V6 is opening an even new segment (with Ferrari beginning to address as many segments as the VW group), I would be surprised - if the V6 will be kind-of replacing the F8 (as is more likely IMHO) an unveiling in 2021 for production in 2022 would make more sense (that would still only leave a little more than two years of actual production for the F8).