Testarossa Price Trends | Page 163 | FerrariChat

Testarossa Price Trends

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Mr.Chairman, Dec 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    i agree ford gt is a great choice and comparing to a diablo will be so inexpensive to maintain and get parts

2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I love how sometimes this thread is like a telenovela: a huge fight on
    Valuation from
    Various camps; then the calm and some cool discussions (sometimes a bit of sidetrack) until the next auction/sale/price points;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JSinNOLA likes this.
  3. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    the tr is a keeper im really leaning towards a ford gt than another 20 year old exotic

Shark01 and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  4. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    hagerty has a concours tr value at 110k than they have a recent sales from an auction not a concours car and sold for 110k i think hagerty needs to adjust there pricing on the tr i noticed on 355 hagerty removed the plus 30k for 6 spd now just 20% ad on for manual trans

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  5. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Consider this an intermission....time to party !

....until the next auction and heated discussion to follow lol

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice! Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  6. APA#1

APA#1 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Central Florida
    You have never owned a Murcielago then. Almost everything requires an engine out, LOL

7. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    #4057 MOSS, Jan 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
    I didn't want to drag this out. An LP670 is an Murcie SV as I mentioned. Owned 4. Ok, let me be more clear: Ferrari's like the TR for example are designed to have the rear subframe unbolted and dropped out as it is a thought built into the car for the purpose it serves. Lambos do not have routine belt changes and it is hell to do an engine out but you are correct that a clutch job requires an engine out and about $8-10k for that because of the labor and difficulty. Never needed a clutch. Honestly, if
    you know how to drive a stick, the clutch should last most of the cars life. Egears suck in that department though. That does add a maintenance nightmare
    to ownership. The engine sits so deeply in the body. In the end, they are not designed for engine outs compared to the TR and 512. Hope that makes more sense.

turbo-joe likes this.
  8. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    Haha, good one.

9. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    How bad are the egears in cost, drivability, and dependability?

10. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    Egears are sloppy. My SV had many egear mods from the factory to make it much snappier and it still wasn't. The single
    clutch is too small for such a heavy all wheel drive car. Many owners I knew spent money on pumps and such so I don't care
    for them at all. I bought my SV from the original owner after they had skyrocketed to almost 500k. Had 5000 miles and 65% clutch.
    My Huracan has a double wet disk that to my understanding basically doesn't wear out under normal use just like
    the Mclaren and Ferrari current box. I had 2 egears and 3 stick cars on the Murcies. Not a fan of egear or F1 at all. Ryan they jump in and out
    of gear in reverse and it is a pain in parking lots. They say 70% of the clutch wear takes place in reverse. The clutch really slips a lot in reverse.
    The newer technology is so nice and last so long. My opinion and I'm certain someone will speak up and contradict everything I just said, Lol

Shamile and Zeff like this.
  11. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Interesting, and understood. Stay away from them is the message

Shamile and MOSS like this.
  12. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    I would never buy an egear again. They only made 2 LP670 SV sticks. The first egear I bought was brand new too. Diablos, 512's are the ticket. You already know that.
    The 6.0 Diablo had Audi influence on the interior and is very nice and updated.

Zeff, blkdiablo33, Shark01 and 2 others like this.
  13. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Yes, and I also want the huracan performante. Ok I will stop right there as people will start complaining here.

Shark01 and MOSS like this.
  14. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
  15. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    The funny thing is I still don't know truly what the fight is about. For the most part, I think everybody here appreciates the car. Sure, some folks differ in the future prospects, but people have been pretty open that it's their own opinion, which is just that. Even when in disagreement, it seems the gap is well within 20% for the near future.

I'm really used to trolls being much more egregious in their prognostications.

"This car going to be worthless yo!"
    or
    "This gonna be the most expensive car ever yo!"

I really think folks here are not wide apart in their views, definitely not as wide as to take heavy umbrage.

Guy A says 80K, Guy B says 100K - so what?

Move on and say 90K then.

vonbeeler, ChipG, turbo-joe and 2 others like this.
  16. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    agree on murci e gears.ferrari f1 430 and up i love

17. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    love love diablos

Shark01 and MOSS like this.
  18. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    I traded my last Monterrey Blue, 6.0 Diablo to Roy for my 670SV a couple of years ago.
    I certainly share your love for those machines!

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  19. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    loveit the onlycar i regret selling were my diablo vt and sv when prices come down and they will im getting another 6.0

MOSS likes this.
  20. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    i sold my sv and vt to roy

MOSS likes this.
  21. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
  22. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    i dont have pic of my diablos on my cell i sold the sv in 2013 and vt few years before ,prices for a 6.0 are crazy i cant swallow the prices asking now adays glad i got to expreince them,gold coast has a 800 miles 6.0 asking for 700k for years now

23. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    That is insane

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  24. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    But will they? '99 Roadster prices have held solid while 90% of everything else has drifted down in the past 18 months (I don't follow the 6.0 market).