wiring diagram for Mondial 8 | FerrariChat

wiring diagram for Mondial 8

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Plutexams, Jan 21, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Plutexams

Plutexams Rookie

Mar 31, 2018
    Full Name:
    RICHARD R PLUT
    The warning light is on indicating that there is a fault with one of the exterior lights. None of the exterior lights (including license plate and dash lights) are out. Anyone have any suggestions or have a wiring diagram that could help me locate the problem? Also, the switch for the motor bonnet causes a click and a change in the panel lights but does not open the bonnet and the fog lights are on all the time when the low beams are on and the switch to turn them on and off does nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

2. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    I have an idea that the warning light can come on if 1 light bulb has failed. If i remember correctly some lights have 2 bulbs, so 1 can fail, alarm light comes on and the light runs on 1 bulb.
    Re fog light- must be the switch stuck in on position
    I have wiring diagrams for a 3.2 qv if stuck

3. Plutexams

Plutexams Rookie

Mar 31, 2018
    Full Name:
    RICHARD R PLUT
    Thank you for reply. I have found two bulbs for the licence plate lights and the tail lights and all are working. Side markers are all one bulb. Relay for the fog lights is good. A wiring diagram for the 3.2 qv would be a big help. Thank you much.

4. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    I don't have a Mondial 8 wiring diagram, but I do have Mondial QV. What version Mondial 8 do you have? US or euro?

5. Plutexams

Plutexams Rookie

Mar 31, 2018
    Full Name:
    RICHARD R PLUT
    A QV diagram would be a great help. Mine is a US version. I am new at this so let me know what I need to do to get the diagram. Thanks much.

6. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    If u send me an e mail address i will send you the lighting section for a 3.2, would not think much different

7. Plutexams

Plutexams Rookie

Mar 31, 2018
    Full Name:
    RICHARD R PLUT
  8. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
  9. Steve Magnusson

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    This link should get you a pdf copy of the 1983 US version MondialQV wiring diagram:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/lzly2m6fxxcxj2t/Mondial%20QV%20wiring%20diagrams%201983%20US%20version%20289_83.pdf?dl=0

Another resource for you might be the Mondial8/MondialQV 281/83 WSM. It doesn't have any electrical diagrams in it, but, I think, it does have a list of the various bulbs -- you can download a pdf copy of it from here:
    https://ferrari.cdyn.com/

enzo360 likes this.
  10. Plutexams

Plutexams Rookie

Mar 31, 2018
    Full Name:
    RICHARD R PLUT
    Thank you much. Just what I needed. One additional question, any idea how I get into the console? I don't see any screws and hate to just start pulling on things. I need to be able to get into it for my troubleshooting. Thanks much again.

11. Steve Magnusson

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    No, I've no direct experience disassembling the Mondial8 interior, but often the figures in the WSM or SPC can give some clues - hopefully, a Mondial8 Owner/Ex-Owner will respond.