Testarossa Price Trends | Page 162 | FerrariChat

Testarossa Price Trends

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Mr.Chairman, Dec 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Thanks for the info. This is exactly what bothers me about with modern exotics....all the electronics that constantly go wrong after the 10 year old mark.

That's why sometimes my heart still pulls me towards a Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 Roadster and stick shift it.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MOSS and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  2. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    Totally agree with you
    About that I went for a drive this weekend and one of the guys had a McLaren 12C Spider, I asked him if the car is a money pit as I have heard, he said only the first year model was the bad one and his has been pretty reliable, and he pays 6k per year for a full warranty directly from McLaren that will cover basically anything. For a car that has depreciated that much due to the “money pit” reputation it has, I didn’t feel 6k a year was too much (maybe the 4K per year of my 360 ****ed my perception about money haha)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Natkingcolebasket69 and Shamile like this.
  3. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    What about the Hurucan. I think its one of the cleanest most inspired designs out there, modern yet wedgy and a whiff of ghandini. Since its an audi lambo I assumed maintanance should be audi resonable, and you get that exotic NA v10. What am I missing?

In a few years when this car is superceeded a Hurrucan will be in the low 100s, no?

Shamile likes this.
  4. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    you worked on audi? there is not much resonable :(

5. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    Maybe. Man I love mine.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    I like the design of the Hurican spyder but hate the sound of the Audi V10. Since it's so new, it's more than a slightly older Aventador.

I do agree, prices will follow the Gallardo to the low 100k"s ....just so many made!

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

MOSS likes this.
  7. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    I know, audi is the reason tech hate engineers.
    But compared to an aventador might be reasonable.
    Part of the issue with all this is porche is so good and does the job so well. A Gt3 hard to beat, except its not an evocative exotic.

8. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean

I wonder what 488s will go for. A good car to drive, unfortunate styling.
    What will a 488 be worth compared to a Hurrucan, and which one will be easier to maintain.

So may exotics, and so many made. lots of choices.

I think many will slip into what I call Ghibli syndrome. The Ghibli was stepchild to the daytona, they were too expensive to maintain relative to their stepchild value so prices plumeted and stayed in the dolldrums for decades because the maintance cost couldnt justify the price. 355s still stuck there as are AM V8s vantages. Will Hurcans and 488s go there? Even the aventador may go there. Cirse you have to find a good one or the maintanace really will eat you alive.

I also think those gullwing mercedes can be a great buy, dramatic doors entrance, the 6.2 na v8 was really something and merc reliable.

308s and testarossas are easy in contrast to the above moderns, largely mechanical cars, pretty robust, weak links known.

9. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    Well Lamborghini uses cam chains, not belts so there is virtually no maintenance costs other than oil changes,

10. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    What about all the other electronic bits.

How long have you had yours. My thought is like many a modern besides consumables it should be good for 50k miles, and many of the etrecrronic bits are probably shared with audi.

11. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    That's where I am after I sold my TR. Problem is there is only 8-12 manual LP's left, and no set way to convert them to manuals yet (that I know of). The only manual LP for sale right now is at $700k asking.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  12. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
    This is like a support group for Lambo owners who formally owned Testarossas. Isn't there a lambo site we can take the discussion to?

stardoc and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  13. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    #4038 Shamile, Jan 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
    lol...this is very relevant to anyone looking to buy a Testarossa. It's a comparison on how the youngest Testarossa at 29 years old is relevant in today's high tech computer exotic world...and how the old Testarossa is still more reliable!

I see this thread as a resource that includes ownership experience...and that affects price.

A lot of people looking to buy a Testarossa are wondering...geez, it's 30 years old...will it break down? ...can I still buy parts for it?
    ...can I still get laid? ;)

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

turbo-joe likes this.
  14. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    The Murci is the bridge between the 80's super cars and today's disposable super cars.

Shamile likes this.
  15. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Exactly!

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

16. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    That's because it's new. When the car hits 10 years old, that's when all the electronic components start to go. Whether you own it then or not, it will definitely factor into the resale value.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

MOSS likes this.
  17. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    Over all, 10 lambos. 2 Huracans but have never put many miles on. I just like the dual wet clutch gear box and mechanically a low maintenance machine. Clutches are a thing of the past and no timing belts clean up the engine out issues compared to Ferraris.

18. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    Im not a good example. I keep mine a while but not a lot of miles. The only real money was a rack and pinion on my LP670, otherwise zero issues other than oil changes and I do those myself. Had my share of Ferrari engine out for cam belts. Timing chains are by far the happening thing. Lambos arent designed for engine outs anyway. I have loved my TR cars though.

19. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    The newer ferraris are all chains too.
    But for various other reasons can cost a fortune to run over time.

turbo-joe and Shamile like this.
  20. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Yep...the 458 DCT solenoid is a $8500.00 fix. I don't know if that's an upgrade part or it will fail again.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

21. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    #4046 Shark01, Jan 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    I think I'm about to add a '05 Ford GT to pair with the Diablo Roadster.....They like miles, inexpensive to fix, easy to upgrade, a true icon, .....go drive one.

Here, go get inspired:

blkdiablo33, Parnelli and MOSS like this.
  22. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    ive been thinking of a ford gt 05/06 also,and the diablo 6.0

Shark01 likes this.
  23. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    I think the Ford GT is the car (under $250k) to buy right now for appreciation, about 1/2 the amount was made as Testarossas, easy and cheap to work on and service.

Shark01 likes this.
  24. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    2 great choices, keep us updated as you go through the decision process.

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  25. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    And yet, there is sooo much more to love about it....

ChipG likes this.