Mondials For Sale | Page 92 | FerrariChat

Mondials For Sale

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by 123howie, May 26, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Albert Penello

Albert Penello Karting

Jul 21, 2019
    Woodinviille, WA
    Full Name:
    Albert J Penello, Jr.
    Let's hope it's good because I just bought it!

Drewbdo, Jeka and Wade like this.
  2. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Congrats, Albert. I looked long and hard at that car. Didn't end up bidding on it as I just have plenty of projects at present. But it really was tempting. I assume you plan on reviving her rather than parting it out. If it was me, I'd go after the fuse box circuit board upgrade first thing. Knowing there aren't hidden gremlins in that box may save you untold hours in sorting everything else out! Just a thought/suggestion.

Hope you find endless enjoyment in the car!

3. Albert Penello

Albert Penello Karting

Jul 21, 2019
    Woodinviille, WA
    Full Name:
    Albert J Penello, Jr.
    Thank you for the advice!

No, I don't plan to part out at all. I'm not sure I plan to restore it either per-se. My current plan is to drive it and fix what breaks along the way! I don't mind getting my hands dirty and love a good project, but this will be a super fun family driver for pocket change as far as ferrari's go.

For sure I'm going to send the fuse box off (was disappointed to find out after purchase it's not as straightforward as the 308 fuse box). Otherwise I'm looking for a US seller of the replica wheels so I can put regular 16" tires on (considering these rims need refinishing, and a set of tires is $1600 + shipping + $700 for wheel refinishing) I'm better off with a good set of replicas.

And of course getting the top working. Living in Washington she'll need to be fine with inclement weather so getting the top fixed is probably #1 priority.

Other stuff will come with time!

TAS37 likes this.
  4. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    My thinking on the wheels as well, so I went looking. For sale now on this website is a set of 16" wheels with new Continentals. Exactly intended!! Amazing!!

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/mondial-16-inch-wheels-tires.613905/#post-146985153

And apparently local to you as well!

Albert Penello likes this.
  5. Albert Penello

Albert Penello Karting

Jul 21, 2019
    Woodinviille, WA
    Full Name:
    Albert J Penello, Jr.
    That's CRAZY timing. Just sent them a PM as I totally want 'em!

6. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Karma. You're meant to have that ride....and the wheels. Glad I could help.

Albert Penello likes this.
  7. Drewbdo

Drewbdo Karting

Apr 8, 2016
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Congratulations on winning the auction! That's awesome. :) All the best wishes for your experience.

I follow eBay and BaT every week. I'm still a while out from my Mondial purchase, as I'm currently still working on stock and real estate investments. Currently planning for 2021, but I get super excited for everyone else who gets a Mondial. :cool:

8. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
  9. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    All I will say is, if anyone really wants one of these with about 22k more miles, I'll make the connection for a small finders fee ;)

You'll have a Valeo and a lot of money left over in the bank.

sixcarbs likes this.
  10. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
  11. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
  12. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
  13. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
  14. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
  15. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    It’s the next town over? You want eyes on it let me know. I know my way around (doesn’t hurt to have a master tech good friend too ;)

16. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    Thanks Ken. I sent the seller a note with a few questions. Let's see what he comes back with.

Thanks!

2cam

17. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Sounds good.

I have rarely seen a Giallo Mondial too, it would be cool to get eyes on one.

18. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    The seller responded back. It's originally a Prugna car that underwent a color change at some point in its life. Not currently running. It sound like the car has been in the area for quite some time. From the pics, it looks like it would be a nice, solid project for someone. The VIN number but doesn't reveal any background on the car when using the Google machine. Here's the response from the seller with a link to a bunch of additional pictures:

"Many detailed photos can be found here: https://rnixon.smugmug.com/1984-Ferrari-Mondial-Cabriolet/

1984 Ferrari Mondial Convertible Fly Yellow with a Bone Interior. 38,000 miles. I have known this car since the late 1990’s when I first sold it to a local business man, in 2003 I sold it on his behalf to a local Dr, who stopped using it several years ago when he developed problems with his legs. He told me he had a major service done to the car in 2008 but he paid the mechanic in cash so there is no receipt. Car fax shows the mileage to be correct but it says he hit a deer with the car in 2004, he said that he was using the Ferrari plate on his van when he hit the deer which is why it says the Ferrari hit the deer. There appears to be no damage that I can find or evidence of repair. The title is clean. The car was originally Prugna but they did a very nice color change and the car looks fantastic in Fly Yellow. I planned to get the car going but I have been really busy and thought I would just put it out as is and see if I can move it.

Peter"

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2cam

19. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Interesting.

Fairly certain it's Peter Sweeney's: https://www.forzamotorsports.com

It would be cool to see it running, and in Prugna too.

Wade likes this.
  20. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    I think you're right - the mobile number that he provided in his response is for Peter/Forza. Strange that he wouldn't try to get it running since he's a dealer that specializes in exotics/special interest cars.

2cam

21. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    I'm sure he "could", he uses the same shop I use and in particular my go to friend and mech, but then it's not a 20K Mondial after the $15K of needs this requires ;)

Temple, davem and 2cam like this.
  22. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    Prugna is such a beautiful color; I wonder why the color change? Maybe it was the deer(?)

Temple

2cam and Laserguru like this.
  23. 19633500GT

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    enzo360, vter, 2cam and 2 others like this.
  24. pappy.72

pappy.72 Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2010
    Elgin, IL
    Full Name:
    Dave
  25. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    There is a reason he hasn't done that, and for that reason I forbid anyone to buy this car. Run as fast as you can.

2cam likes this.