Why do people with no Ferrari hate those that do on this site? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Why do people with no Ferrari hate those that do on this site?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by daytona355, Dec 24, 2019.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    There are others mentioned, and plenty of people have agreed it happens

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    your thread, provide a complete list and I will take my time to analyze each by each. I appreciate it.

3. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    They arent all my examples Rob, I don’t have the spare time. I never asked anyone to do anything about it, I was asking why people thought the guys that do it, do it, as it just seems so defeatist to me

4. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    me too, next time I’m at Carrs. I’ve bought many many cars through them. Carbon McCoy here can verify too, as I try to remember to give him my VIN numbers when I change cars to add to the database

5. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    You completely misinterpreted my post then. The example I gave was of a Ferrari OWNER misbehaving. I was pointing out that owning a Ferrari didn't make you a good user. :rolleyes:

6. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Just like being a moderator hey?

No... Not you lol but I'm sure there have been some, if not on here, certainly on other sites.

Bas and daytona355 like this.
  7. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    it was a great example of someone bouncing thread to threat stating things for no good reason other than to annoy a seller of a ferrari. It may be an owner feeding on other owners in that case, but still someone that can’t just let people sell their cars in peace without having to deal with nonsense.... I’d say it fits the bill

8. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
  9. rampante550

rampante550 Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2010
    NC
    Full Name:
    D Day
    Not sure if the best line to draw is owner vs. non-owner, unless one really just wants this to be fca-chat. Maybe a better line would be enthusiast/tifosi/etc. There's a decent number of people who are genuine fans and will never be able to own a Ferrari but know a lot, are willing to help, and enjoy there being a forum to discuss.

I would think real-life Ferrari ownership would help one develop a thicker skin for the occasional online trolling. In the real world, you have to contend with things like brutal service bills, new-car shenanigans, parking in the back of a lot only to have 2 cars next to you when you return (simultaneously my favorite and least-favorite thread), unprofessional valets, getting keyed, opinionated family members, strangers asking how much $$$ you make, everyone assuming you're an ****** at first, people asking for rides, corvettes trying to race you, drivers in your blind spot fumbling their phone to take a picture at 80mph, people stealing your valve stems, teens taking selfies on your fender, hoards of spotters, never knowing what the person approaching you at the gas station is going to say/do, getting your license plate put on the internet, and so on.

Maybe it's a generational thing, but the 'trolling' I see on fchat is nothing compared to other sites or real life. Credit to the moderators and a generally good-natured membership for making it that way.

10. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    the good thing in real life, you can sometimes catch them trying to steal bits, or key the car, and have some old fashioned fun correcting their behaviour! I scored a girl once I met as a result of confronting her potential vandal boyfriend who figured the old guy in the new Maserati wouldn’t be up for preventing him keying the car - that was a big mistake for him to make, as it ended up with him crying in front of her at the sight of me unravelling my frame out the car - I wasn’t the 5’6 frail 70 year old he had clearly hoped for! Imagine if he met Rob Lay that afternoon, he’d still be crying today when Rob started poking him with crossbow bolts and other Texan training tools

JaguarXJ6 and rampante550 like this.
  11. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Well, I won't concede you won (in case my wife reads this thread), however I will say that like me, you married waaaaay above your pay grade! :D:D:D

12. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    So, it turns out I misread this post and got optimistic for nothing. Reading your line about Ferrari of Denver, I took it (my fault) to mean an email from an authorised/franchised dealer would be enough to make Fchat believe you are an owner. Of course, you stated a dealer who is also a sponsor.

It’s only “quick, simple and easy” if you live in the US, near an urban area or agglomeration of Ferrari users or sponsors. But not if you don’t. I don’t believe there are any Fchat sponsors outside the US, so that route is closed. And while there are more Ferrari owners per capita in countries like the UK and Switzerland than there are in the US, there are far fewer Fchatters. I’ve met one, in five years, and zero while having my Ferrari present.

The owner designation is strongly skewed towards the US. The mods whom I dealt with during my misguided PM enquiry line were very pleasant but pointed out only Rob changes the rules, and I can’t see Rob changing this any sooner than I can see Ferrari introducing a diesel microcar. So, we conclude that Owner really effectively means US Resident Owner (with I guess a couple of exceptions proving the rule). Although this is a global forum and Ferrari isn’t an American company. Second class citizen I may be, but I still appreciate the expertise on the forum. Would be nice if it were evened out though.

daytona355 likes this.
  13. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Balderdash! You are a first class citizen in our eyes!

I'd be happy to vouch for you. I'm sure Sid (daytona355) would vouch for you. We just need one other member.

daytona355 likes this.
  14. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Paul owns two Ferrari now, so that should count as double-vouching! :)
    T

15. stretchgeneral

stretchgeneral Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 9, 2014
    MA/TX
    Full Name:
    McK
    Darius, I am in London 8 times a year, so happy to link up. I can be another voucher!

16. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Being a Ferrari fan means you never have to apologize.

daytona355 likes this.
  17. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

I’m happy to be a voucher!, preferably for free lap dances, but if I have too, for ferrari owners as well, long as the favour is returned! I want that coveted owner designation by my name, long as it doesn’t get changed by certain people hacking my personal information again (they know who they are, and it isn’t cool, in fact, it’s downright ****ty and illegal).

Hey, actually, if we do that, then I can also try to remember to take my scan photos, doctors notes and MRI results to prove I have cancer, so next time I’m trolled about it I don’t have to get banned for being annoyed! Result!

18. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    #118 miurasv, Jan 15, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    Why don't you guys wanting "Ferrari Owner" in your profile just take a selfie when you wear your Ferrari Owner tea shirts and use it as your profile pic, ha?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Where do we get them? Is this from the mods? I’ve got tons of photos of my Ferraris in my garage at home, photos that to someone with any computer experience have geo location in them, so they can be tracked to my house and garage, and not a dealer, surely that should be proof enough.... how many photos would be required, I have hundreds going back to about 2002!, I also have my Ferrari Owners Club membership details, that could be checked, they have a list of present and past cars owned

20. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I still haven't figured out why anyone wants or cares if it says "Owner" next to their name.

21. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Funny, I always thought that was for BMW's and P-Wagens.

22. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    A few years ago I bought a "Ferrari Owners Club of Great Britain" winter Regatta jacket when I was in the Owners club. I am really careful where I wear it. However if asked "Are you in the Owners club?" I can say "no", since I no longer am.
    I am a little uncomfortable with the idea of then being ask "Are you an owner?" I don't like to lie but to tell people you don't know.. I am not so sure.

23. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    on the forum that doesn’t matter though does it Malc? I agree with you about when you are out in the wide world, wearing an ‘owners’ club jacket in Tesco isn’t the done thing, and can attract stupidity as well as kindness, but on a website a designation to recognise you own a car which is the subject of the site isn’t going to get anyone into security issues! :)

24. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Mate, as long as someone like tif12 is partly in charge you and I will never be "owners"

Luckily I don't give a ****, but I did notice that in the Aussie section a whole lot of members were made owners at the same time, but not me.

Now that I know who's responsible, I'm not surprised and you shouldn't be either.

I think the job should be given to people without an axe to grind. He's not even a mod any more, is he?

daytona355 likes this.
  25. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    well that explains a lot!, haha...... then again, I figured that some of our good friends on the mod team would have something to say when it comes to having extra designations alongside our names, unless we were suggesting something rude be assigned to us! Now I’ve suggested that, I’m almost convinced in a minute alongside my moniker will be ‘****ing wanker’ or something courtesy of those balanced personalities that love you and I so much! Don’t do it mods!