The Purosangue Thread | Page 33 | FerrariChat

The Purosangue Thread

Discussion in 'Purosangue' started by MDEL, Dec 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    Just 40 cm less . Huge difference in length at least for the European view

2. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    A future 812 successor is much more than just tradition and absolutely justified.
    Ferrari’s latest lineage of modern super GTs started with the F12 Berlinetta and continued with the 812 and they are absolutely unique cars. Cars like no-one else made or makes. These Ferrari super GTs are equipped with some of the most powerful aspirated V12 front engines that the world has seen, and they are able to produce a fantastic and unique sound. These cars have also a unique dual personality. Despite having exceptionally high limits, they don’t force us to reach them in order to have fun. When we want a normal car to travel long distance or go around town that’s exactly what they are. When we want to go very fast on an autobahn or on a back road, they are as fun to drive as anything out there. When we take them to the track they are faster than nearly everything.

Ferrari 2 seats super GTs are unique cars that are great at everything you ask them to do. They also happen to do it in great style at the sound of one of the world's best symphonic orchestras.

355TDI, daytona355, LVP488 and 5 others like this.
  3. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    I quote 100% . I would add something about the trunk . You can spend an holiday with your partner for a week and you can carry luggage enough . No other very sport cars can offer that . The engine brake offered by a NA big engine you can’t find in a Turbo engine with low compression ratio . And sound ? No comparison . Anyway there will be a new model replacing 812 . It will be presented in 2023 with production end 2023 beginning 2024

4. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I completely agree with the trunk comment you made. Sometimes I also put a golf bag on my F12's trunk with a foldable trolley and everything fits inside.

5. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    boot is actually the only quantifiable reason it would be superior to the sf90 IMO and I hope handling is where it will beat the FUV.
    Still the least justifiable model in the range I think. Hope sales prove me wrong

6. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    There is another reason : I’m 6,6 tall and I can’t fit in a SF90 , no way . I can fit only in F12 , 812 and GTC4 . Another important reason

WilliamB, uhn2000 and MDEL like this.
  7. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    I put my rifles in a F12 trunk when I go to the range

daytona355 and MDEL like this.
  8. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    fair enough but there will already be Roma and Fuv if you can’t use an SF90. That’s the point

9. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    No way to use a small V8 instead of a big V12. And no way to use a truck instead of a sport car . Anyway there is no discussion because there will be something after 812 and it will have a completely different style , still front engine .

gzachary, daytona355 and MDEL like this.
  10. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I like very much the Roma design and the car is a great GT Ferrari. But in terms of performance and sound the Roma is in a different league when compared with the F12 or the 812. The Portofino will be a kind of an SUV and therefore can't be compared with any GT Ferrari. In fact some of the people who already own GTs and sportive Ferraris and that drive SUVs are the potential buyers of the Purosangue. I can imagine someone buying a Purosangue to replace a Lusso but never to replace a 812.

Caeruleus11 and Gianfranco341 like this.
  11. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Ciao Mario, In many ways that should be me, swapping a Lusso for a Purosangue.
    I live down a rutted track in a hilly area with unpredictable weather.....yet some how I can’t see it.
    Plus the idea that it’s going to be even longer than a Lusso.....is anything longer than a Lusso?

MDEL likes this.
  12. Therry

Therry Karting

May 26, 2010
    very good time for SUV fan :D

daytona355, Boomhauer and MDEL like this.
  13. WilliamB

WilliamB Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    William
    Caeruleus11, daytona355 and MDEL like this.
  14. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    These SUV are terrible IMHO - I'd rather have a mundane, anonymous car for utility purposes AND a real sports car for fun.
    There is a market for these though - in my view they're for people who do not care about driving but just want to show off with the car they need for regular use.

Jas likes this.
  15. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Porsche had always been a sports cars manufacturer but in 2003 with the Cayenne invented a new business model and today is primarily an SUV manufacturer. Porsche makes enormous profits with the SUVs and uses them to make the slower selling sports models better than ever before. It took Lamborghini 54 years to achieve a production of 3500 car per year but with the Urus they doubled that number. The same happens with the Bentayga which will catapult Bentley from a production of 10.000 car per year to around 20.000 cars by the end of this year. The same will happen with the Aston Martin’s forthcoming DBX SUV that will likely double the company’s volumes.
    But do this SUVs drive like a Porsche, a Lamborghini, a Bentley or an Aston Martin ? They can’t but if they did they would have achieved the unachievable defying the laws of physic. They are too high, too heavy and lack in aerodynamicism. However, these SUVs drive very well by the standards of an SUV but they aren’t and they will never be sports cars. Will that matter ? Not to the clientele that buys these ostentation objects that combine utility, space for five and an enormous boot.

Despite Ferrari having followed Porsche business model is very well aware about the limitations of SUVs and that’s why they named the Purosangue an FUV. But an FUV to satisfy the SUV's clientele can't avoid being too high, too heavy and not very aerodynamic. Will Ferrari defy the laws of physics ? Ferrari is known for making miracles so lets wait for another one.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  16. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    or perhaps they are scrapping the existing design as it was as not true Ferrari, and they are working on the next generation or the Lusso.

MDEL and Caeruleus11 like this.
  17. Jas

Jas Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Jas
    Nope. It's pure marketing byperbole, nothing more. It's an SUV.

FUV o_O:confused::D

MDEL likes this.
  18. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    You know something that the rest of us don't?

19. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I started this thread in December 2017 shortly after the Urus was unveiled. After seeing the pictures of the Urus I remember thinking that to me it didn’t resemble a Lamborghini but a spaceship. To my eyes the Urus hadn’t the spaceship look of a Countach but at least showed a design personality that differentiated it from all the rest of the SUVs.
    Marcello Gandini while at Bertone was for Lamborghini the equivalent of what Pininfarina was for Ferrari. He designed some of the brand's and the world’s most iconic and insane sports cars like the Miura, Marzal, Espada, Urraco, Bravo, Diablo, and especially the Countach. Now Gandini is 81 years old and retired but I confess I’m curious to know how would he rate the Urus design. The Urus was designed by Lamborghini Centro Stile now directed by Mitja Borkert who is Lambo’s Flavio Manzoni equivalent. Lamborghini has always stand for extreme proportions and that’s something the Urus has on it’s 2 meters width, excluding the mirrors, more than 5 meters long and with a front end that is like someone said something out of the movie "Tron." Independently of the Urus design resembling or not a Lambo personally for the past two years I continued founding the car a sui-generis ugly one that isn’t easily comparable with anything else on four wheels. However, by looking recently at some pictures of an Urus owned by a celebrity, I started to realize that the Urus isn’t anymore the sui-generis ugly car I thought it to be but in fact one of the ugliest SUVs ever made. If you took the badge off this cream Urus as someone suggested it could be mistaken for a Dyson hair dryer, or perhaps one of those new Lynk & Co cars from China.

IMO the best possible future recognition for the Purosangue design is if without the badges and painted in pink everyone say that it looks like a Ferrari.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Caeruleus11 and WilliamB like this.
  20. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  21. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Interesting Mario. Unfortunately I think the Urus isn't extreme looking enough- to my eyes its design always belied its shared Audi/Porsche/Bentley platform. And with the new Q8, I see the link even more. It seems a sales success for Lamborghini though so don't go by me!

Bundy likes this.
  22. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Jerry it seems the Urus is only original in terms of design because all the rest it shares with other brands as you mentioned. The sales success of the Urus is a fact that made Lamborghini double sales in 2019. That's the confirmation of how the market for luxury sports SUVs is now prosperous and continuous expanding..

Boomhauer and Caeruleus11 like this.
  23. SVR

SVR Karting

Feb 9, 2017
    Moscow, Russia
    Ferrari can’t make SUV, because it will be much worse than Urus.
    On Urus platform VAG make Touareg, Q7, Q8, Cayenne, Bentayga and Urus.
    VAG sells tens of times more cars on this platform than Ferrari can sell all models together.
    Therefore, VAG can invest in it many times more, this is the best and most technological platform on the market. Ferrari needs an elegant way out of this situation, which can become its own class of car in order to get away from direct comparison.

So, if you compare my m5 and my Lusso, then the BMW objective is better in everything, but the shooting brake and n/a v12, which none of the competitors have, put it apart and save it from direct pragmatic comparisons.

24. Jas

Jas Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Jas
    Well, I can see marketing BS :)

FUV :D