4-post Lift ramp width for TR | FerrariChat

4-post Lift ramp width for TR

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Louis Brown, Jan 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Louis Brown

Louis Brown Karting

Dec 24, 2019
    Richardson Texas
    Full Name:
    Louis Brown
    Gents...I’m planning ahead and would like to know what model 4-post lift is adequate for the TR. I’m seeing the “width” to be 78” but I’m assuming that’s the body dimension in rear and not outer tires width. The average outer-to-outer ramp width on most lifts is 75”. This works with standard muscle cars but maybe not the Testarossa? Thanks

2. raysur

raysur Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 3, 2008
    So. Cal.
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I have a Bendpak HD-9XW and the Testarossa fits nicely between the platforms. I will get a picture for you.

I only got the HD-9XW to walk under without crouching. The runway width is the same for most of the HD-9 line.

3. Louis Brown

Louis Brown Karting

Dec 24, 2019
    Richardson Texas
    Full Name:
    Louis Brown
    Great Thanks. I’d like to see the lateral clearance.

4. raysur

raysur Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 3, 2008
    So. Cal.
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Here's one from when I was redoing my roof. I'll take less distracting pictures. I just loved the effect.

Attached Files:

5. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    the effect is great :)

6. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Looks amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Louis Brown

Louis Brown Karting

Dec 24, 2019
    Richardson Texas
    Full Name:
    Louis Brown
    Cool effect for sure. Do you know the overall rear tire width?

8. TRCo

TRCo Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2012
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Tim
    raysur likes this.
  9. versamil

versamil Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2013
    Gaston, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Brian Healy
    Raysur- nice effect but I would NEVER leave a car in a shop getting reroofed. More crap falls through the cracks in the skip sheathing. Your cars HAD to have been filthy after the roofing was done. I would have worried about the roofer "missing" with their nail gun and shooting a nail down. I have a broken clerestory window where someone sheathing my building missed and shot a nail at my window.

I have a Challenger four post lift model CL4P9S with 79 inch wide ramps and ninety inches BETWEEN the uprights. Works great. Lift kind of fell in my lap, as a friend bought a house, and wanted it moved out. I did no research on it, but at this point will probably buy another.

10. raysur

raysur Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 3, 2008
    So. Cal.
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    #10 raysur, Jan 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    Louis,
    I went to take pictures but I can't get the picture you need. When I took my engine out I had to roll the car and it is no longer parallel to the ramps. But fortunately the front is lined up. The front tires have 3" of clearance on the inner ramp edge and 5'' on the outer ramp edge. These cars fit perfectly on the ramps and easily clear the posts.

Brian,
    Sadly they are still filthy. I am redoing my garage. It will be my dream garage but it currently looks like a nightmare. I did the roof myself in standing seam. The cars were outside when I was on the roof. They were clean and covered until a wind storm messed that up.

11. versamil

versamil Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2013
    Gaston, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Brian Healy
    The Testarossa LOOKS impossibly wide, but it's an illusion because it's also so low. I came up with 75 inches wide, verses my 458 which looks HUGE next to the TR. It's 78 inches wide, but also substantially taller. My 328GTB is currently up on the lift now and it's just three inches narrower than the TR. So there's really no worry about getting a lift that fits the Testarossa. Maybe because the rear flares out so much, it makes the car look extra wide, but I think it flares out from a relatively narrow car. It is an illusion- park the Testarossa next to any modern Ferrari, and it's NOT very big. I haven't tried my 458 on the lift, but it would have to go on really square since it's just an inch narrower wheel to wheel than the 79 inch wide ramp width.

12. Louis Brown

Louis Brown Karting

Dec 24, 2019
    Richardson Texas
    Full Name:
    Louis Brown
    That’s a great observation I wouldn’t have figured! Thank you.

13. Louis Brown

Louis Brown Karting

Dec 24, 2019
    Richardson Texas
    Full Name:
    Louis Brown

14. Louis Brown

Louis Brown Karting

Dec 24, 2019
    Richardson Texas
    Full Name:
    Louis Brown
    Great. Just what I needed to know.

15. HOU

HOU Karting

May 2, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    John S
    i had the installer come back and drill 2 additional mounting holes which gave me another 1.5 inches width which is now comfortable for the f512m

16. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
    I have BendPak HD9's in my garage, they fit my BB512 and FGT fine but can be a little challenging if you ever want to put a narrower car like an E-type on it. You have to nail it right down the middle or you could put a wheel off inside.

17. HOU

HOU Karting

May 2, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    John S
    my 4 post is worth equipment from mansfield texas. it has been very good. get the 220 vac option which is faster