lack sf90 interest? | Page 14 | FerrariChat

lack sf90 interest?

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by 95spiderman, Oct 31, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    the sf90 section has total 4623 messages. the sf90 picture and news thread is performing well compared with the Monza and f8 thread. since may 29 2019 the picture thread expanded into 116 pages. (f8 has 131 pages) which is better than the laferrari picture thread. only 25 massages were discussed in 9 months in laferrari thread. unlike the sf90 the laferrari was unveiled in a major auto show and was vastly popular.
    until now #f8tributo and #ferrarif8tributo on instagram; 22261+15772= 38033 total hashtag. official video view on youtube 1m.
    peoples favourite monza hashtags on instagram: 6388+4452+4559+6716= 22115 (#monzasp1, #monzasp2, #ferrarimonzasp2, #ferrarimonzasp1). official video view 489k, 812 gts official video view 877k. hashtags on instagram; 2446+1943= 4388.
    sf90 posts/ hashtags: #sf90stradale 11761+ #ferrarisf90stradale 7417 =19181. #sf90= 54474 and #ferrarisf90= 7417 . official video view 939k.

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    though one survey proves nothing. the sf90 was not unveiled in a major auto show so there are less photos and videos or reviews can be found. only 3-4 demo cars are showing around the word. so it's normal that at this time it "lacks interest"

2. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Not at all. I also enjoy my new year wine, but confusing a Stradale with an SUV is a certain sign that one must exerciser restraint. :D (Pulling your leg mate. Enjoy that Pista, but pls reserve judgement on the Stradale until after you have driven it ;) ).

Boomhauer and Shadowfax like this.
  3. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I would say relative in the F8 and SF90 is roughly proportional to the projected build cycle. I think it’s a relatively safe bet that the SF90, if by no other reason than the additional price walk, will ultimately be more desired the masses, if not by Ferrari owners.

4. manya81

manya81 Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2008
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Lol. yea is sickly

Surfah likes this.
  5. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Ya... And... So is the Enzo la Ferrari threads. Does that mean that there was no demma d for them?

Lol. Try to get an sf90. That will show you the demand.

It's a car being offered to special clients and it's production and allocation slots so far have been very small.

You are not going to hear much about it because well they are all sold out for the first year or so.

Every available slot is taken.

What is there to talk about until the car shows up.

By your measurements... The laferrari was very unsuccessful.

Caeruleus11, RyanFoH, stavura and 3 others like this.
  6. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Lack of buzz because they are more or less unobtainable. And there are other things to do and talk about. Plenty of supercars to buy. Plenty of car news. The car doesn't need anymore hype so it's not receiving the hype.

7. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #332 Shadowfax, Jan 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
    1. If you say so.:rolleyes:
    2. Ferrari has "special clients" over here as well. I have a friend who works inside who uses the same term but in a far less flattering context.
    3. Because nobody really cares enough about it to even bother asking. After seeing it in the flesh even less will care as is already the case now.
    4. Plenty allocation over here.....very few takers so far.
    5. Agree.
    6. If you say so. I'd take a La Ferrari any day of the week at twice the money but have no interest in SF90 no matter how well it drives or how cheap it soon becomes available.
    Best. SF.

Astrid.Didier likes this.
  8. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Weird statement for a petrolhead to make...

x z8, Boomhauer and technom3 like this.
  9. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
  10. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #335 Shadowfax, Jan 10, 2020
    ...well only because i honestly can't stand the look of it. That double glass rear peephole arrangement is really just too much of a visual abomination for me. Sorry but that's just how i see it. If others think that looks great I'm happy for them but it really looks a mess of a thing visually and i'm not sure how 1000hp along with all that weight can ever make up for such a misgiving no matter what price tag they put on it. You see Zeus I don't need 1000hp to have fun in a sports car. I'm flat out using 550 in the 3 let alone 700 in the Pista. I honestly think Ferrari needs to go back to getting their design in order and concentrate on that before worrying about anything else.

11. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I am quite certain that we make other people bored, but it really amazes me that you allow your subjective taste on appearance to surpass your driving enjoyment. I get it with women, you need to lust after one to enjoy her companionship, but machines are different. ;)

Boomhauer likes this.
  12. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #337 Shadowfax, Jan 10, 2020
    Yeah probably but it is what it is. And re your last comment I also need to find a car visually appealing before it can elicit a desire for me to own it. This one I really struggle with and based on some of the reactions I've seen I'm pretty sure I'm not alone with my thoughts. I was thinking the other day would have I perhaps warmed to it more had Ferrari wined, dined and romanced me like they did to others but I don't think any amount of romancing and gratuity would ever sway me into liking it. It genuinely is quite an ugly bugger. I think the design dept really blew out this time and at a time when they could least afford to. The market is very finicky and uncertain at the moment and has changed enormously over the past year or so. I'm not sure why but interest on everything is no longer what it was a year or two back. Maybe it's the world economy, or the influx of electric environmentally friendly vehicles which perform equally or better than the usually expensive super-cars ...don't know.

You can also pretty well buy anything you want nowadays without being that "special customer" too and if you do miss out on something it isn't long before the car becomes available on the used market for much less money anyway. Maybe it's a combination of things why interest is low on SF90 but I can't see that situation improving really.....only becoming worse.

13. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    As we have said before, only Ferrari knows if the interest rate is high or low. Personally, I only care only about how a car drives. I 'll keep my E Type, but I know that it drives silly by modern standards. Nice I6 sound though...

Boomhauer likes this.
  14. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Wow. Ok. Lol

1. Yes. I pointed out the fallacy of your argument on the lack of interest using an internet message board.

2. Again... Try to get one? Can you get me another build allocation? That would be great! As far as what they call their special customers. I don't care if they call them suckers... Because well Enzo called them that very publicly several decades ago.

3. . What are you even referring to? No one wants to see it? Ya they don't need to see it. Just like many special Ferraris or damn near any new model... They just buy them and commit before the car exists and if you are a big enough client... They let you see it early anyways.

Personal opinion on style... I think the 430 is one of the ugliest Ferraris every built and I wouldn't own one personally. Also one of the lamest sounding cars every built and still retains a compromised transmission.

Yet they
    sold 20k plus 430s.

15. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    This. My local dealer is one of the largest in Northern Europe, and because they have a ton of Corse Cliente, they get an insane amount of special and high end allocations. All and every single allocation they could wring out of Ferrari was gone by about June. If it so happens that they should get another batch of allocations, I'm sure the waiting list they have, will eat that up in a matter of days. From what I'm told, production numbers are set to be less than that of the Pista with a total of around 2000 being built, and it looks like they are all but gone.

I think fact is that many has less interest in part because the car is priced as high as it is, and in part because it has yet to hit the streets. Once people test it, and the press gets their hands on it, as well as we here on FChat gets owners of it, I'm sure this subforum will pick up big time. Of course this subforum will be more quiet compared to a 458/488 forum. There are no used SF90's, there are no reviews or owner debates, and there are what, 35000 or so 458/488 models on the road. Apples and oranges.

x z8, manya81 and REALZEUS like this.
  16. Astrid.Didier

Astrid.Didier Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2019
    I'm sorry to tell you that you are NOT telling the truth about The SF90. And I'm talking about facts and I don't mean your opinion or my opinion. The SF90 has a huge problem with dealers trying to market it! See post #1858 by Mr. Marcel Massini - regarding this particular issue

* Click here #1858 to see that post !

Shadowfax likes this.
  17. Astrid.Didier

Astrid.Didier Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2019
    I guess they tried to give the car the look of a spider, then they totally messed up! Probably they had no clear vision for what they wanted to build exactly! This car could have been a great car if they has a clear design vision!

Shadowfax likes this.
  18. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    So, Monsieur Massini is akin to Ferrari's Sales Dptmt? You are are quite a tool...

19. manya81

manya81 Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2008
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I can imagine future owners who already signed a car laughing out loud reading all the comments posted here

dustman likes this.
  20. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    The thread title allows for all schools of thought. People don't have to like it, and those who do like it can't force others to like it. Who really cares what the next person thinks or does anyway?

And at one point we will all find out who's having the biggest laugh; Ferrari, the buyers, or, those who turned their noses up at it. That answer will come when SF90 hits the used marketplace. :)

21. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    #346 Lukeylikey, Jan 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    This really is a strange thread. We know that some like the looks some don’t, hands up who is thinking of changing their view? No? Ok, we don’t need to talk about that any more.

How about production numbers? None of us can be sure but we all have a view from our dealer and the miles of text on this thread, anyone changing their order? Ok, that’s that one done.

On to technology. Love the tech, ordered one; love the tech, didn’t order one; hate the tech, still ordered one; hate the tech, no chance I’m ordering one; can’t afford one so it’s irrelevant. Anyone not fall into one of these camps? Anyone learning anything new about the Stradale’s tech from these pages that is going to change their thoughts? No, Ok.

Anyone driven it? Me either.

This thread is titled ‘SF90 lack interest?’ and yet the picture thread is 120 pages long while the camouflaged mules are still running around and before any press tests and, at least at the moment, you can’t get an allocation. I think whatever our views about this car, the thread question has been answered.

22. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #347 Shadowfax, Jan 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    I think it's a case where situations and interest varies dealer to dealer, region to region, country to country. I would agree the take up would be higher in countries/regions with lower car taxes but that doesn't necessarily measure the success of the car. If you take La Ferrari as an example if more were made more would have been sold as the car was generally very well received globally. The times and market were also different back then too. Laf was a car that possessed all the Ferrari trademark traits (style, sound, performance and tech). It posed a very attractive proposition to those with and without the money. From the body language i've seen so far from those who've seen sf90 and, from discussion with both Ferrari and non Ferrari owners I'm not getting positive feedback about this car at all. I know only one person who likes it. The look of it definitely appears to be a major obstacle. Obviously due to the higher cost and polarizing design dealers are showing the car to gauge the likely market potential in their region.

23. F142George

F142George Karting

Jun 26, 2014
    UK
    Full Name:
    George
    Well he did get banned and then made a new account to stir the pot some more...

REALZEUS likes this.
  24. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Was that necessary? Not sure of the relevance.....or is it just a cheap shot to regain some lost traction?

25. F142George

F142George Karting

Jun 26, 2014
    UK
    Full Name:
    George
    A cheap shot to regain traction on what exactly? If you look back, there was a reason he got banned. I don't participate on this chat other than when someone mentions pricing (since I have confirmed numbers from dealer), just interesting the lengths people go to shove their opinions in this thread constantly back and forth, no facts, both sides based on speculation and personal opinion.