Would you buy a F430 today? | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Would you buy a F430 today?

Discussion in '360/430' started by lencap, Oct 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

What TLC that would make it 20k below market?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Marcoboxer

Marcoboxer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2019
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Mark Roberts
    Missing screws, corrosion in engine bay panels, needed a service. To be clear, if it had been a different color combo, I'd probably have looked past all that and taken on the project.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  3. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

At least they were honest about it all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. houtie123

houtie123 Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2007
    Cape Town, RSA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Despite those issues - and the colour combo - the very rare factory Bose system that's fitted was an $8k option - and it's rather good.....

5. Marcoboxer

Marcoboxer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2019
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Mark Roberts
    Yup, no debate. If I find one there with the right color combo, I wouldn't hesitate.

6. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
    Yes buy one. I will never give up my F430. It is a great Ferrari.

efg2014 likes this.
  7. aatk

aatk Rookie

Nov 24, 2017
    Not to derail too much, but what’s a CPO on one of these cover? Powertrain or bumper to bumper?

8. dweintra

dweintra Karting

Aug 16, 2012
    Seattle, WA and Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Don Weintraub
    This is a great thread.

I love the 430 coupes and been in the market. This is my second Ferrari and I am not sure I want to “skip” to a 458 but may want one later.

I have to say that as a buyer It is concerning that almost none of the F1 430 coupes seem to have actually sold in the last few months. Because of this, I am starting to rethink my decision. The more I read about the F1 transmission the more I worry about being able to sell it in a few years vs a car with a different transmission (early 458, or another make).

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. SlowScud

SlowScud Karting

Oct 10, 2019
    Texas
    F1 is my favorite part of the car. Love how you can feel the shifts happening and much improved in the 430 cars especially later models.

The perception out there though is that the F1 is terrible and problematic. I was skeptical because of that until I drove one. Someday the world will come around.

unreelviper, timjen88, PKIM and 2 others like this.
  10. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    430 F1 is solid, Ton of fun

11. 9650max

9650max Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 28, 2011
    Second that. Seems to be fashionable to denigrate the F1 but under power it is a blast.

dweintra, Apollo 11 and KC360 FL like this.
  12. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    The 430 is such a beautiful car. It always seems to be the bridesmaid and never the bride. Pricing right now on the F1 trans cars is unbelievably low and for someone wanting to "get in the game" it makes perfect sense.

JaguarXJ6 and dweintra like this.
  13. Tamahal

Tamahal Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2019
    Full Name:
    TAMAHAL
    I love my 2009 430 and it’s F1 tranny. It’s great at high speeds , a lot of fun. I’m thinking about getting a 458, but kinda worried about it being to...... soft.

dweintra likes this.
  14. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    #139 cole328, Jan 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    I was in same boat....However, once drove by me yesterday on the turnpike...while it looks awesome from the front, its OK from the side view, and IMHO not attractive at all from the rear I am biased, but I just love the lines all around on my F430 Spider. While I really thought I wanted something more modern, when I also factor in the acquisition cost of the F 430 spider, it makes no sense to me to spend an additional $100K I DD a 2019 E63 AMG, so get my "tech" fix during the week....the Ferrari is a fun weekend toy that never gets old. 21K miles on it, 2007, and my plan is to drive it as much as possible.

dweintra, Flyingbrick242 and Tamahal like this.
  15. Tamahal

Tamahal Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2019
    Full Name:
    TAMAHAL
    I totally agree.... !!

dweintra likes this.
  16. dweintra

dweintra Karting

Aug 16, 2012
    Full Name:
    Don Weintraub
    Thanks for the input. I have not driven one, but I did sit in one and fit very well (I am tall). It would be nice to see these cars start selling.

Tamahal likes this.
  17. efg2014

efg2014 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    Northern California
    I guess someone in 1968 might have asked the question "Would you buy a 250 GTO today?". In the late 60s the 250 GTOs could be picked up for around $2500, as they were considered old and not exciting like the cooler looking new Ferraris. By no means I"m suggesting the F430 will gain the respect or legendary status of the 250 GTO.
    To answer the question, yes I would buy a F430 in a heartbeat even today.

dweintra likes this.
  18. AndruL

AndruL Karting

Apr 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    AndruL

19. Shahski

Shahski Rookie

Oct 18, 2018
    Full Name:
    Shah khalid
    This is my two car garage - both in my humble opinion offer fun and enjoyment in different ways! The 430 was delivered new to my house in March 2009 and with the exception of the headers being replaced at 18k miles, it has been a trouble free and rewarding joy. It has been driven through France, Switzerland and Italy on many an occasion and has clocked up a healthy 21k miles. As it was one of the last ones to leave the factory, prior to the 458 launch - it has most of the Ferrari quirks and niggles ironed out; or at least I hope so! If you are in the market for one, I would approve your choice, as it is so rewarding to drive.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

dweintra and Flyingbrick242 like this.
  20. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    Sure thing Bought last March 19K Miles CCB's CF challenge rear grill Nero on Nero $109K

21. Dean Palmer

Dean Palmer Formula Junior

May 21, 2010
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    Dean Palmer
    Just bought my 07 F430 Spider a number of months ago. $109k +taxes highly optioned including carbon ceramic brakes. Red/Tan. 13k miles.

22. Tamahal

Tamahal Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2019
    Full Name:
    TAMAHAL
    Come, what year is your 430

23. Tamahal

Tamahal Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2019
    Full Name:
    TAMAHAL
    BTW I’m 6’2” and the 430 is no problem...

dweintra likes this.
  24. dweintra

dweintra Karting

Aug 16, 2012
    Full Name:
    Don Weintraub
    My first Ferrari was a 328GTS red/tan (sold over ten years ago). It sold immediately. I like the Silverstone color on a 430 as an alternative to red this time. It is similar to colors I had on other brand sports cars in the last several years. They were tough to sell though.

Any ideas/experience reselling Silverstone? On the fence vs resale red (I like that also but prefer something more subtle). I would only buy a clean, no stories cars with records.

25. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    I picked up my 2006 F430 F1 berlinetta with 26K miles last month on a new clutch for 78K. Its fabulous! Some deals can be found if you closely monitor the market weekly, or daily as I did. Next best deal I saw was a 2009 F430 F1 berlinetta with 30K miles on a new clutch for 86K that disappeared in 4 days.