A little help regarding Marshall Goldman | FerrariChat

A little help regarding Marshall Goldman

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by cwilson13, Jan 23, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cwilson13

cwilson13 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 20, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    CWilson
    Hello,

I like in Atlanta and looking for a little regional help regarding a Porsche Cayenne I am interested in over at Marshall Goldman.

Trying to see if anyone has any current or recent experience with these guy that they can share...either publicly or privately. Good/Bad/Ugly?

While I did a search and read through various threads on Fchat, most were at least a few years old...and many were from way back. Some good, some bad. Management evolves, business practices evolve so just trying to gauge if any of you would buy a car long distance from them at this time...or stir clear.

Also, I was told there was a shop called Steinel's Autowerks who might do a PPI for me (or are they not close enough MG to help?). Are they a well known asset or should I maybe call the local Porsche dealership instead?

Thanks in advance for any insights.

Chris

2. FerrariF50lover

FerrariF50lover Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    I know two people who have bought cars from them one was a 550 and the other was a 911 Turbo S, they both said the same thing highly professional and great experience. Call Porsche of Beachwood for a PPI they are great people.

DOWORKFCAR likes this.
  3. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG
    I have dealt with them and purchased 5 cars from them in the last few years, first class operation, and most cars are in A1 condition... Totally a family run, massive , exotic car dealership....Had a problem with a 1987 930 that I bought from them a couple years ago, and they stepped up to the plate and made it right, every other car I purchased from them has been perfect. . Steinels are relatively close and do a lot of Porsche work, As previously indicated Porsche of Beachwood, and Porsche of North Olmsted are both in Cleveland (Beachwood is much closer), and they can do PPI's also. The guy that has been running the place, Harlan, is Marshall's son, nice guy and knows his stuff, same family....no different management, etc, always been Harlan or Marshall that run the show, and call the shots.

of2worlds likes this.
  4. FerrariF50lover

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    I was there walking around one day and Marshall walked around with me for about 15 minutes just asking me what cars I liked and the experiences he had with them. He's a tremendous guy.

5. LI2782

LI2782 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 19, 2010
    If you can stomach the price you’ll wind up with a good car!

6. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Interesting, I’m finishing up a deal with MG on an Aston Martin DBS. Arranged a PPI at Aston OH, inspection clean, will
    sign docs Monday. I’ll let you know what condition the car arrives in.

Sent from my 16M

7. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    I think that this is a frequently repeated sentiment.

They have nice cars, but you will pay top dollar for them.

Matt

8. todd6363

todd6363 Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2007
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Todd
    MG is know for having top quality cars. Several of my customers have purchased there.

9. colombo2cam

colombo2cam Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ted
    The funny feeling you have for paying top of the market soon gives way to long term happiness after purchasing then getting to drive a great car that is now yours. Pride of ownership. The elated feeling of a great deal disappears almost instantly when you realize the car is not all you have hoped for. Nothing worse than looking at and driving your dream and being reminded every time you see and drive it. Zero pride of ownership. The best part for me about owning a great car is after driving it looking over your sholder and sayin oh yea!

10. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Bought a bunch of cars from them....first class operation.

11. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    Anyone have any updates regarding Marshall Goldman?
    I'm interested in a car they have but very leary based on some past reviews.
    Is there one individual that I should seek to work with or any to avoid?

Enzo Campagnolo and DOWORKFCAR like this.
  12. FerrariF50lover

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    RJ is an awesome guy and he is who I would recommend. Every time I have been there I get treated amazing. I even had Goldman SR walk around the showroom and tell me his personal opinion of most of the cars he had in stock.

DOWORKFCAR likes this.
  13. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG
    You should have no worries with them if you are an looking for a great car. Harlan Goldman is the guy who is there most of the time calling the shots. Salesmen will take the deals to him for approval.

14. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    They recently opened up a store branch in Beverly Hills

Sent from my 16M

15. DOWORKFCAR

DOWORKFCAR Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2016

I will second this. I have bought 2 Ferraris from RJ. A 550 and a F430. He is fantastic to deal with. The whole Goldman team is. Tell him Morgan sent you.

Enjoy the shopping process :)

16. Safster

Safster Rookie

May 13, 2011
    Recently bought a 2015 FF from their Beverly Hills location. Can’t say enough good things about them.

DOWORKFCAR likes this.
  17. Enzo Campagnolo

Apr 17, 2020
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dr. Enzo R. Campagnolo
    Just purchased a 2003 360 challenge stradale. Richard was a pleasure to work with! Very courteous and professional. Fantastic place! Great selection of exotics! Highly recommended!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

of2worlds likes this.