250 GTO wheels | Page 4 | FerrariChat

250 GTO wheels

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by ag512bbi, Dec 19, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    #76 miurasv, Jan 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
    This is, as you know, when using non standard issue width wheels: RW 4301 are 8" wide and RW 4300 are 9" wide.

Correct Daytona Borranis are 7.5" wide RW 4075.

375+ likes this.
  2. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    Correct tyre sizes are 4 x 215 70 VR15.

Correct tyre is Michelin XWX.

3. Philip Parnagian

Dec 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    Philip Parnagian
    I have a 1972 Daytona 365 Gtb/4 coupe converted to a spider by Autosports in Italy
    So the (4) RW 4326 7.5x15 are for a 400i and will look incorrect on my Daytona?
    I’m not going to a judging event keep that in mind.

4. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    Did you read the link in post 74?

5. Philip Parnagian

Dec 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    Philip Parnagian
    Got it thank you.

6. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    #81 miurasv, Jan 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
    The RW 4326 are designed to be used with a hub adaptor so they may not even fit your car?

7. jimmyr

jimmyr Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jim
    If the wider Borrani's have the need for the longer thread knockoffs, do the 9" Cromodoar mags also require the longer thread knockoffs? Either eared or hex?

8. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    While I dislike continuing discussion of 365 wheels on 25o GTO wheel related thread, my (limited) experience suggests NO, since the "removable" hubs on Cromodoras I've seen or worked on appear to be same depth (accepting short thread center nut) regardless of wheel width, hence my earlier suggestion to "JP365".

9. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Actually, I started this thread for advise on a Daytona that had the Borrani "250 GTO" style wheels and options and opinions. So it's ok and your input is helpful and appreciated.

TTR likes this.
  10. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    To prevent further confusion, perhaps you should contact moderators and ask the thread title to be changed to something like "Daytona wheels" ?

375+ likes this.
  11. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    So, what is the chassis number of your Daytona Spider Conversion, please?
    Thank you very much.

Marcel Massini

12. thepinkumbrella

thepinkumbrella F1 Veteran

Feb 26, 2006
    United Kingdom
  13. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Lets try to claify
    USA spec Daytona's came with 7.5x15 fronts and rears, some had Borrani' wheels with hex nuts not spinners
    Euro spec cars were the same but with spinners

If you want to buy new Borrani wheels to replace your alloys, then you need to buy new spinners or hex nuts as the won't have enough thread to lock the wheels on properly, so order them from your Borrani dealer at the same time.

Tyres for 7.5 wheels were 215x15 XWX,

If you have non standard 9" rear wheels, alloy or spokes then 225x15 XWX are a good match if a little hard to fit.
    This was my old car with 7.5 fronts and 9" rears and new spinners

Image Unavailable, Please Login

readplays, AtSomePoint and 375+ like this.
  14. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    I agree Timo. I think the thread title should be changed.

I think we could do with a a new Daytona section as per the Dino etc, so we can keep all the Daytona information in one place.

15. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    The blue 599 GTB is absolutely spectacular! Love it.

Marcel Massini

16. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Armen, since this is a thread you started and appears to have been intended to focus on wheels for Daytona, could you please "Report" it and request the title to be changed to reflect that, i.e. something like "Daytona wheels" ?

Perhaps even ask mods to move, split/start & replace unrelated content (250 GTO, 599 GTB, etc.) to respective threads dedicated to those, as I wouldn't mind offering additional contributions/opinions on the subject, but prefer not to get comments further convoluted or lost within this thread title.

Thanks Grant,
    although I'm not sure having a separate section for Daytona related content is as warranted as much as open (non-time limited) ability to self-edit ones comments, thread titles, etc (like in the olden days and still available on some other vintage car related forums).

Another somewhat problematic issue I often see (and admittedly on few occasions have myself contributed to) is forum members commenting with unrelated content, but that unfortunately is just human behavior which often seem to be magnified on social media, including forums like this.

In attempt to keep all things Daytona more focused, I offered to take over the (now defunct) Daytona Registry along with its forum, et.al. several years ago, but P.S and I couldn't come to agreeable terms.
    OTOH, I'm somewhat glad it didn't work out, as I'm sure it would've been much more time consuming than I could afford to spare.

17. Longstone Tyres

Longstone Tyres Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    Heads up for GTO owners.

next week i should be receiveing some of the special Pirelli Stelvio tyres that they made as road tyres for t he GTO.

18. Longstone Tyres

Longstone Tyres Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 2, 2006
    Full Name:
    Dougal
    Hi

If you want the Stelvio 250 GTO tyres we how have them. They aren't on the web site yet, but give us a ring or email https://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/

worth noting that the date code is from near the end of 2017