348 SS for sale on BaT | FerrariChat

348 SS for sale on BaT

Discussion in '348/355' started by BT, Jan 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
  2. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    I somehow didn't realize it was in Marietta!

sjd

3. asgor

asgor Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2016
    Virginia, USA
    #3 asgor, Jan 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
    Yes, looks nice but appears to have its fair share of issues, both described in the seller's narrative as well as evident in the pics. Nothing that can't be reasonably fixed, of course, but the car overall seems somewhat beat up for that kind of mileage.

4. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Anyone want to make a prediction on what this will sell for?

5. rvp325

rvp325 Karting

Apr 30, 2019
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Rahul

6. jferrante

jferrante Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2016
    Yup

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

7. rvp325

rvp325 Karting

Apr 30, 2019
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Rahul
    If this actually sold for 50K and needed 10K of engine work, cosmetics sorted, I think a great price, low miles, but my guess, as I posted above, is that it'll finally bid @ 65k

I am jealous of the F40 seats, tho! Mine was spec'd out with the standard seats...more comfy for sure, but those buckets definitely do have panache!

Rahul
    Speciale #55

8. ghardt

ghardt Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I agree with Asgor. It looks rough. Missing the classic Ferrari blood line; apparently removed when painted. Rusty fasteners in the engine bay are never a good sign. For alleged 11K miles it should look much better.

9. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I have a 12K mile car, it looks much better that this one does looking closely at the engine pics pictures but, it is possible it was just used in a harsh environment. Things like pedal wear on the rubber pads does not show wear, certainly less than the corrosion would lead you to think. Also the MAF pot caps are still there so it was not tinkered with in that regard. I think it was put away wet many times perhaps or something along those lines. I don't think its that bad but the corrosion and gear box condition could make it appear to have been used more than 12k miles. Nice car but not a top dollar car on that condition. I suspect it will top out at 58k.

Natkingcolebasket69 and rvp325 like this.
  10. ghardt

ghardt Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I really want to see this SS sell for solid money. However, after looking at the photos again all I see are items that need sorting: missing rubber flap at gas filler, broken wheel center caps, curb rash, broken seat belt latch buttons, sticky everything, tarnished cavalinos/badge, dirty carpet (not even vacuumed), engine lights, mouse tracks, and on and on. I know all these items are minor, but it just screams the car was not loved by the most recent owners. These are special cars that deserve to be loved. IMHO, $50k is already a solid price for this example even with the CF seats. One would need to spend an additional $20K to make this a $65K example. But, that’s Ferrari ownership in a nutshell; you must have passion for these cars. This owner exhibits no passion.

MAD828, Wade, QSA and 1 other person like this.
  11. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Many of the rubber boots on the harness are torn. MAF, coils etc I don't have a single torn boot anywhere. Wonder why they are all torn, maybe someone tried re-pinning the harness or something. Could speak to harsh environment and corrosion, Electrical gremlins is not something someone wants. Will be interesting. I would pass myself. Now that red spider at Lake forest, that's a different story.....

12. jferrante

jferrante Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2016
    Agree with the comments now that I take a closer look. I do think low miles and seats may blur some vision and this gets close to 60k. Dealer had ask of 70+ on eBay so might not sell below 65

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

13. ghardt

ghardt Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    If I was in the market for a 348, I’d be all over that Lake Forest car. That color is VERY rare on a 348.

14. QSA

QSA Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    Kingwood, TX
    Full Name:
    Quinn
    This car has strange corrosion areas for where it supposedly lived. Ive seen less on cars that sat in a closed garage, in humid Houston, with poor ventilation for over two decades.

Respect to the seller for good pictures showing it all, and stating the known hidden issues.

This car is a project IMO.

15. desmomini

desmomini F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2003
    Upstate SC
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Description indicates the current owner has driven it 100 miles.

16. desmomini

desmomini F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2003
    Upstate SC
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    $68k!

You guys are good!

Man, the "bondo in both doors" would be enough to keep me from bidding.

17. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Someone really wanted it. With the seats and all that then cleaned up it is the car to have. Just needs someone who wants to do it. Glad it found a home, at that price I presume the new owner has a passion for them and then corrects it. Most of the issues are diy, what fun actually. Great model that's for sure!

Sent using FerrariChat.com mobile app

rvp325 likes this.
  18. rvp325

rvp325 Karting

Apr 30, 2019
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Rahul
    Ditto. To the final bidder, welcome to the 348 Brotherhood!

19. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    The carfax says it was registered in the south, but it has quite a bit of corrosion. Where's that coming from?

All the best,
    Andrew.

20. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    Destin FL? Party on the beach?

sjd

21. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Salt in the air in Florida

22. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
  23. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
  24. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    Regardless of the obvious issues with the car I wanted to see it sell for a decent price, knowing it would elevate the value of all our SS's. Low mileage but it looked like it had a lot of wear/aging. Supposedly it was a southern car, but where as it garaged, in a car port? The $68K plus the buyer fee (was that $2K?) puts the value of good condition SS's in the mid-70's assuming no major is needed. This is great news considering several years ago no one cared either way. For the other 348 owners, know that a rising tide lifts all boats, so good news for all.

Of interest is a 348 Challenge in Scottsdale at the Leake auction, first time for them in Scottsdale. The car comes with a full Challenge kit, uninstalled, including the seats, roll cage and Speedline wheels with slicks. I am going and hope to see this car hit 6 digits. If not, well, I am taking my check book. :D

chopsui and rvp325 like this.
  25. rvp325

rvp325 Karting

Apr 30, 2019
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Rahul
    Agreed! The SS is a gem.