Where is the F12 love? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Where is the F12 love?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by x z8, Dec 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. x z8

x z8 Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2009
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    nice picture. What color?

2. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Grigio Ferro……….

ScottS likes this.
  3. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    The F12 is the most beautiful modern V12 Ferrari has made IMO

4. 430jm

430jm Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2017
    Atlanta
    I have to agree. The 812 looks seem a bit stifled in comparison.

I’ve had a 308, 355, 430, 599, and my F12. It is a spectacular car, can do anything and everything and I even trust it it not break on me.

5. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    There are plenty of us on whom the special nature of the F12 is not lost. As Ferrari S.p.A. focuses more on things like clothing, restaurants, and amusement parks - and then perhaps eventually converts 100% to EV's, the last and most advanced Pininfarina-designed V12 Ferrari car only becomes even more special.

6. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    And in some decades from now always be remembered as the last NA Ferrari V12 that wears the Pininfarina badges.

7. andyrichter

andyrichter Karting

Jul 18, 2017
    Oahu
    Please delete. I saw the comparison to 458 was already mentioned.

8. kane00

kane00 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 4, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Keith
    What do you think the cost and hassle of swapping seats? I prefer the race seats as well.

9. CodeRed

CodeRed Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    LALA LAND
    BTW, I usually see the race seats mentioned in a large size. Anyone know why? Are they still normal size for some like me that's 5'11' and 180lbs? It is a must have option for me since I have them in my alfa...really adds to the character of a car

10. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    I’m 6’2 190 and have always had Large F race seats. I dont think you want to go M at all.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  11. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Seat sizes are for Italian hips, real world everyone has large

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  12. mthompson2376

mthompson2376 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2017
    North East England
    Full Name:
    Mark Thompson
    Simply love my F12, I have an allocation for an 812 GTS and have no intention of letting my F12 go, to my mind it is still the better looking car than the 812, the lines are stunning and arguably more in tune with current Ferrari design, I love the way the car can be edgy, or a docile and anything in between, I like the cars to be a little scary, the F12 looks like the bargain of all the F cars at the moment....time will tell if the market agrees, the F12 could be quite collectible (eventually), possible the last Pininfarina designed V12, for me it sits between the styling of the (slightly plain, almost unfinished, ran out of enthusiasm to finish the design) Roma and the (aggressive looking) 812; and you get the full V12, honestly can’t understand why anyone would even look at a Roma with current prices of F12’s.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Attached Files:

500drvr, Gh21631, WilliamB and 4 others like this.
  13. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    x z8, WilliamB, mthompson2376 and 6 others like this.
  14. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    I’ve just sold my F12 . I couldn’t afford to keep it because I’m waiting for a 812 SF next June delivery . Even if I’ve ordered the new one I still think F12 is superior as clean style is concerned . I don’t think more power will be of any use because already 740 hp were very difficult to use in first and second gear . You could use them 100% starting from 3rd gear with warm tyres and still quite scary . I don’t think 60 hp more will make any difference . I think electric powered steering , faster gearbox shift and steering rear axle are main differences you can feel . I sold it and I change it just because it had 5 years with 20000 miles and I can accept only 12 cylinders natural aspirated big displacement after I had one . I don’t like turbo even if they say it is zero lag now . I like big engines with high compression , a lot of noise and good engine brake . F12 was really perfect for what I like , I will see and let you know what about 812 SF as soon as I will get it . I’m not interested on depreciation of one model or the other because it is like to play with stock exchange and because I think you buy a car if you like it and you like to use it . We live only once . If you are worried on value in the future you should be rid of cars . My 0,02 value opinion

forstephan, Tooly, DRYHOLE and 12 others like this.
  15. mthompson2376

mthompson2376 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2017
    North East England
    Full Name:
    Mark Thompson
    Agree with this thread, no passenger has ever got out of my F12 and said, could do with a a few extra horses....nobody....ever

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

16. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Very nice set of property! Congrats.

17. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    For years I have been posting that the F12 needed more power! That was to be kind of a pain in the ass but also I have an addictive personality when it comes to motor vehicles. More is always better but must be very careful with this car. Mr. Hyde will let you know who's boss if not shown proper respect.

18. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Gianfranco, you know well the F12 B because you've driven one during several years and you're also familiar with the 812 SF which will be your future Ferrari super GT. I read a good number of reviews about the 812 SF which mention that it is a less intimidating car than the F12 B despite having an engine with more 60cv . I know pretty well the F12 B that I've driven fast in different places from back roads, motorways and wet tracks, and there have been situations when I was scared. Because I've never driven the 812 SF it would be nice to have your opinion about which one of the two cars do you find more intimidating.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  19. Gianfranco341

Gianfranco341 Karting

Sep 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Gianfranco
    I read same articles . My 812 will be delivered next June but before dealer is giving me one for a week end . I let you know my feeling then . As far as F12 is concerned I did like so much because it was also like to deal with a bizzarre horse to dominate . First of all you have always to take care about tyres and brakes temperatures then you can push hard . Unbielevable sequence of all red leds on steering wheel , it is like barking dog grabbing asphalt . Handling is so beautiful and brakes are instant . I had so many powerful cars in the past but this was the only one I was not able to push 100% in first and second gear . Max speed achieved 200 miles . Amazing

20. hagen111

hagen111 Karting

Feb 25, 2006
    Dreamcar...point! Here's mine, 2017:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

And after F12...one day comes 812...woohoo!

21. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    In reality, the 812 is making more than the horsepower difference, because the gearing is shorter also. They say on average 6%, so that would be about another 47 hp. My impression of the 812 is it feels like its got 150hp more than the F12! I never felt truly scared with the F12, and I drove it hard, but always a bit carefully in the bends, the 812 just feels better.

MDEL likes this.
  22. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
  23. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Beautiful. Hummm the last pic, the driver looks somewhat familiar! :)

Marcel Massini, tomc and Eilig like this.