CS Market | Page 408 | FerrariChat

CS Market

Discussion in '360/430' started by stokpro, Mar 13, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    The cost to create a brand new carbon fiber CS unibody from scratch would be in the millions....... not $150K. Just the planning/design would cost millions.

pilotoCS and arizonaitalian like this.
  2. Mikestradale

Mikestradale F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mike
  3. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Was lurking around and i came across with that.

For Sale Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale, 1 of 2 produced in historic Pozzi Blue, 8K miles, EU supplied LHD FFSH

EQUIPMENT
    LHD, Pozzi Blue Paint, Challenge Stradale Alloys, Ceramic Brakes, Red Callipers, Alcantara Carbon Bucket Seats, Full Alcantara Dashboard, Scuderia Sheilds, Roll Bar, Leather Steering Wheel, Black 4 Point Harnesses, Electric Windows, Air Condition, Launch Control.

EXTERIOR
    1 of just 2 Challenge Stradale’s ever produced in this rare and stunning historic shade of Blu Pozzi Blue, which was created to honour French Ferrari importer Charles Pozzi. The deep blue non metallic solid paint is free from chips or marks and retaining a deep glossy finish that perfectly captures the Stradale’s flowing lines.

The dark shade is subtly complemented by carbon fibre details, like the wing mirrors and engine surround, which allude to the fact that this is no ordinary 360. To those in the know, the wonderful 19″ Stradale wheels really define this as the homologation lightweight special.

INTERIOR
    The immaculate interior of this example is stripped-down and simple, with almost every part focused on saving weight. The red and black alcantara that adorns the carbon-fibre racing seats and dash remains clean and free from any wear, echoing the condition of the carbon-fibre surround on the instrument cluster, housing the central tachometer, coloured yellow for optimum legibility.

The tonal red and black leather steering wheel feels tactile and presents with no marks or scuffs, flanked by F1-style gearshifting ‘paddles’, with the right-hand paddle lengthened to facilitate upshifts when accelerating out of bends.

The Challenge Stradale’s 90° V8 mid engine is longitudinally-mounted behind the cabin, and its red cover contrasts in striking fashion with the dark blue of the bodywork. The engine is a work of art and provides the driver with an audible symphony of an exhaust note and the kind of performance that is unique to a race-ready car designed for road use.

The F1 transmission produces lightning-quick changes through the 6-speed gearbox, incorporating two different configurations – ‘Sport’ and ‘Race’ – with corresponding damper and traction control settings.

WHEELS, TYRES & BRAKES
    The car’s 19″ Challenge wheels are in superb condition and come wrapped in Pirelli P Zero tyres with large amounts of tread. The braking system itself features red-coloured callipers, aluminium brake carriers and lightweight carbon-ceramic discs from Italian manufacturer Brembo, a a package which delivers superb deceleration rates and excellent handling.

HISTORY FILE
    Supplied new by Ferrari Germany to Kroymans Autohaus Nurnberg GmbH on the 20/10/2004 this Stradale was specified from new in the historic colour of Blu Pozzi, 1 of just 2 produced in this exceptional colour.

It was exported to Japan early on in its life which has resulted in its superb current condition, the underneath of the car presenting as if the car was brand new.

The history file contains a large amount of service records showing a regular and consistent servicing routine.

The original book pack and owners manuals are present along with its spare key.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

JaguarXJ6 likes this.
  4. ZFFDT57

ZFFDT57 Formula 3

Mar 9, 2004
    Europe
    Full Name:
    I've got one
    This is wrong information, as Ferrari built more than just 2 in Blu Pozzi!

5. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    maybe, its unclear how they would even know...has anyone ever seen or heard of specific, credible, factory information on CS production by color, etc?

Regardless, that is one beautiful car. And the pics are top-notch. This also reaffirms why the CS will likely be considered a special car for a long, long time. Its just so damn pretty! (not to mention the sound, the driving dynamic, the smallish numbers, etc).

jehu999 and Oengus like this.
  6. Mikestradale

Mikestradale F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Robb, NürScud, Oengus and 3 others like this.
  7. ZFFDT57

ZFFDT57 Formula 3

Mar 9, 2004
    Europe
    Full Name:
    I've got one
    None of given credibility which would be publicly accessible.
    There are respective non-public sources however, which - aside from the factory archive - are holding colour information on probably every CS built as well as a current total production number, which proved that always quoted 1288 wrong...

8. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    And what do those non-public sources say the total production number is?

9. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Well on my way to refreshing mine. Front bumper refinished, 100 hours of paint correction and ceramic coating, full body wrap, refinish of interior floors and new alcantera.

She’ll be one of the nicest examples on the ROAD. 25k miles will turn to 100k miles if I have anything to do with it.
    These cars are meant to be driven!
    Otherwise... buy a poster, it’s cheaper.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

tomc, Robb, one4torque and 4 others like this.
  10. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Says the guy with 25K miles on his 16 year old car. Ha.

I'm just as bad... I have 21K on mine.

Oengus likes this.
  11. ifeelfree0

ifeelfree0 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2014
    Medina, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Looking at 50 yrs plus at that rate to flip the odometer! Wouldn't that be a great way to go out!

12. Mikestradale

Mikestradale F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mike
    mikesufka and NürScud like this.
  13. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    I’ve jacked around and let two CS’s go. Currently have a 458. It’s not the same. Those looking to sell, I’d advise against it. I miss both of mine. If another comes around for the right price, I won’t make the same mistake three times. Lol

LightGuy and Oengus like this.
  14. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I have the exact same car but that one looks better. :)

15. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

I agree
    I traded my highly option 2012 458 to purchase my CS cause I sold my first one to jason1st........o_O and I’ve missed it ever since. Thank god I found another one lol....

Vegas CS likes this.
  16. dmark1

dmark1 F1 World Champ
    BANNED Owner

Feb 26, 2008
    Americas Team Headquarters
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Sold my first one in 2010 (which sadly was flipped in Malibu area and destroyed) and finally got another one back.... I won’t be selling again these cars are just too special.

JPMD likes this.
  17. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Y'all are like a cult.!!

Spooky.

Or do you see something which I cant until becoming "infected".

The only other Fcars that interest me value-wise on all levels are the 16M or 08+ manual shift 430.

I have plenty of manual shift cars.
    My Ferrari investment philosophy has been to buy the first of or last before of an Era.
    Last of pays off more.

Skippr1999 likes this.
  18. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    That’s exactly what the CS is.

19. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    how do you refinish the interior? the alcantara in mine is tearing. I don't want to replace it as the horse emblem on the seat will not be replicated. I am thinking of putting another layer on top to keep the original alcantara.

20. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    really? it's that special? I am thinking about selling mine to get a 458 (it's newer, faster, with more features). The CS doesn't even have a radio.
    then I read this thread and don't know if I will regret selling the CS.

21. SlowScud

SlowScud Karting

Oct 10, 2019
    Texas
    Toy vs. Appliance. Emotion vs. numbers. Soul vs. performance. Heart vs. Head. Right brain vs. Left brain. Hard vs. easy.

GOCS, Oengus and mchas like this.
  22. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    sorry but I'm confused. is the 458 more of an appliance and CS more of a toy? I'd think they'd both be toys except maybe CS is more of a toy.
    the reason I am a bit hesitant to sell the CS is I do miss it quite a bit last year when it had to stay with the mechanic for 6 wks for work. I don't know if a 458 will be as "fun". I'm sure they are both fun in their particular manner. First world problem either way - can't really complain as anyone who does come of as a donkey behind.
    Thanks for your answer.

23. Doctor Mark

Doctor Mark Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2005
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Mark Gronsbell
    CS is a very special automobile. So balanced and alive and not so overwhelmingly fast to preclude fun at "more reasonable" speeds.To me it is more fun than my 458 was.

Pis7a2020, JAM1, JPMD and 1 other person like this.
  24. Vegas CS

Vegas CS Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 5, 2018
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    James
    I’ll trade ya. :) I don’t want a radio in my CS. Red, stripe, all black interior = perfection to me. The CS is an occasion at any speed. The newer super fast cars are an occasion at speeds that’ll see you in jail.

arizonaitalian likes this.