Mondial VIN Directory | FerrariChat

Mondial VIN Directory

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by TAS37, Dec 9, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TAS37

TAS37 Rookie

Oct 15, 2019
    Full Name:
    Tim Solomon
    Hi There! New Mondial owner here (1987 3.2, red cabriolet, 24k-ish miles). I was wondering if anyone knows of a directory of VIN numbers that I could submit my info to? I know some low-production cars have directories maintained by enthusiasts, but I haven't been able to find anything Mondial-related on the internet. Just looking to find other community members (in addition to the excellent and entertaining people who post here). Thanks!

Also -- if anyone else here is in Oregon, I'd love to hear from you!

2. jkstevens2

jkstevens2 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2015
    Winter Park, FL
    Full Name:
    JK Stevens
    I have not heard of a VIN registry during the time I have been on Ferrari Chat. I did call Ferrari and updated thier database with my Mondial VIN and my owner info, etc.

TAS37 likes this.
  3. Drewbdo

Drewbdo Karting

Apr 8, 2016
    Atlanta, Georgia
    I have been reading back on some old content in the Mondial section to learn more about the cars. I'm currently reading content from 2015 (started reading backward from 2019).

I have seen a couple of guys who commented that they were adding people's info to a VIN directory they were building. I think these comments were in 2017 or 2016, but I don't remember who posted or exactly when. IIRC, the threads I saw were primarily new owners who introduced themselves to the forum and posted their VIN or asked if anyone knew the history of said VIN, and then the "directory builder" replied that they had added that person's VIN to their directory.

I haven't seen a thread where the directory creator posted / shared a link to the directory. It seemed more of a personal "pet" project, rather than something open to the public.

Another possible source is the VINWiki app (on YouTube also), which is intended for owners to post their VIN info, modifications / repairs / upgrades to the car... in essence, building an online history of special cars. I haven't seen many Mondials there yet, but hopefully Mondi owners will continue to add more.

TAS37 likes this.
  4. enzo360

enzo360 F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Aug 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Jurgen Durand
    #4 enzo360, Dec 26, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
    Hi Tim, welcome and congrats.
    There is an old thread with plenty of cars here: https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/mondial-registry.12078/
    But please go ahead and share your car here ;-)
    I'm keeping a private register on the Mondials
    Mondial 8: 466
    Mondial QV: 642
    Mondial QV Cab: 531
    Mondial 3.2: 567
    Mondial 3.2 Cab: 651
    Mondial T: 641
    Mondial t Cab: 743
    Best
    Jurgen
    40985, 1982 Mondial 8

5. TAS37