Testarossa Price Trends | Page 143 | FerrariChat

Testarossa Price Trends

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Mr.Chairman, Dec 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Nope, they drive great!

2. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    You don't want to take a Diablo, Countach,etc to a dealer anyway.....the 25 year old techs don't understand them.

3. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    That’s true but they said most that come in are in really bad shape from lack of service and just not driven and when they come in there falling apart I’ve looked at a few and walked away from so much needed

4. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    Ferrari still takes in tr and even older models

5. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    and at least in my experience, they suck at working on them/don’t seem to want to

turbo-joe and blkdiablo33 like this.
  6. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Oh, its not easy to find a good Diablo....even then you should count on $5k a year to maintain......I'm sitting on about $10/mi......but worth every penny and more. Finda good indy garage with a Diablo/Countach client base and get that relationship going.

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  7. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    With Lamborghini, dealers struggle with working on pre-Audi models....at least Ferrari has had consistent ownership.

SAFE4NOW and blkdiablo33 like this.
  8. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    I agree my 94 vt was great felt amazing at very high speeds

MOSS likes this.
  9. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Ferrari very happy to mark up those old parts and make money off major services;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turbo-joe, xplodee and blkdiablo33 like this.
  10. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Oh, I didn't know that.

Happy Holidays to you as well!

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

11. Natkingcolebasket69

Merry Xmas to this fun thread and it’s participants! May the TR prices go the way u wish for along to great health for all of u and the cars;))

12. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    question is if they also can fix all with their staff or have to give the car outside to a small repairshop ;)

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  13. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    Not really. I have owned a lot more Lamborghini's than Ferrari and doubt I will ever own another Ferrari. The TR is the last I will own and may sell it soon. Their are some excellent shops that handle the early Lambo models so one should stay away from dealers anyway. New Ferrari techs don't have a clue how to do a belt service on a TR so it works both ways. The newer Techs aren't trained for older cars for good reason. How many come in vs new models.

Shamile likes this.
  14. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
  15. Natkingcolebasket69

Finishing the year strong ! If any previous auctions are an indication I would be tempted to think it won’t meet reserve and max bid is like 150 ish? 512TR market is harder to read

Jay R likes this.
  16. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
  17. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    #3567 MOSS, Dec 26, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
    This is "Back on Topic". I remember when this was going on 9 years ago. A few years earlier, I bought my first 87 for 70k and the Lambo dealer told me I paid way too much. Gave me 50 on trade in for an Alpine Addition 99 Diablo in Monterrey Blue. Stunning piece and needless to say, the rest is history.

BOKE likes this.
  18. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    Did you end up taking your car to my mechanic? He is a genius

19. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    Right, here they probably send them to Jame Patterson in the DFW area. He has done about 800 of them so he would be my first choice anyway.

20. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    The price of those cars never came back like The TR did. Cats has a 99 SV that was offered to me for 150k about 6 years ago. He wants 400k now. When Lambo Dallas opened they had a F40 with 3k miles and they wanted 300k for it. 17 years ago I think.

21. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    I bought mine in early '14, right before the market discovered them, and tracked every Roadster for sale from '12 to '15. There were some stunning deals to be had ( I turned down multiple Roadsters (4-5) with asks under $90k, but most were dogs at the time (either by direct examination, someone with significant knowledge on the ground, or PPIs that I paid for or others made public). I went through 8-9 investigations before finding my 1 owner 9k mile '99.

Now I'm going through the same struggle trying to find a reasonably priced Ford GT. You can measure the on-market time in days (in last week hours) for cars with asks below $250k.....hysteria caused by the movie.

22. Natkingcolebasket69

Can we stick to the Testarossa family please; that’s the thread for it;)

23. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    So you got a 99 Diablo Roadster?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

24. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    The Diablo doubled in price when the Tr did so it’s interesting to see where they went in comparison Nat. There really isnt a need to start a new thread on the subject because its related for us guys that own them both. No need to be so pragmatic about the Tr alone. Start a thread concerning day to day Tr listings if you feel its that important. This thread should have ended the day the TR went to 200k. None of this talk is related to the original thread subject after they climbed out of the 50k price range. Maybe it would be a great idea to start the new thread for posters that like to post daily sale prices. You are the man to do it since you are a daily contribution to it. : ) Its all good

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

BOKE and Shamile like this.
  25. Natkingcolebasket69

Off topic... this thread was changed by a mod not by me. U can start a thread like u did for the turbo cars TR.