Mondial T performance upgrades? | FerrariChat

Mondial T performance upgrades?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Aceofspades, Oct 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Aceofspades

Aceofspades Karting

Apr 24, 2019
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Kevin K
    Now that I have hit 14,100 miles... (228 post service) I'd like a little more bang!
    Before I say screw it and slap on some turbos, What are my real options?

High flow cats?
    After market muffler?
    K&N filter? ha...

I have some 4 hole injectors waiting to go in but maybe a package deal of parts

Thanks in advance

2. Tubi Sales

Tubi Sales Karting

Jul 5, 2019
    PHX
    Personally, the exhaust is the best place to start. You get the most out of it in my opinion.
    Since you can actually hear and feel the difference compared to the bolt-on and go choices.
    I came across this video of a Mondial T has our decat and exhaust installed!
    So, you have an idea of what to expect with Tubi!

stekkefun4 and paulchua like this.
  3. Aceofspades

Aceofspades Karting

Apr 24, 2019
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Kevin K
    I had a line on a used Unit and If i'm doing that I may as well add high flow cats also..

4. Tubi Sales

Tubi Sales Karting

Jul 5, 2019
    PHX
    Sounds like a plan. Shoot me PM if you need any help figuring out which Tubi exhaust it is.
    Tubi offers 3 different exhausts for the Mondial T so it can get a little confusing.

paulchua likes this.
  5. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I agree that exhaust, cat delete, and K&N filter are good places to start. Probably yield you another 10-20 hp. It will sure feel faster, but these are old cars, not much you can do without more serious mods. Check out the 348 forum, there is a ton of stuff there done to push up power!

Cheers

Mechanical Dad likes this.
  6. ATLdoghouse

ATLdoghouse Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2016
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Cody L
    Definitely do high flow cats, and performance exhaust. I have them and my exhaust, a Stebro - no longer available - sounds perfect.

WilyB and Drewbdo like this.
  7. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    Tubi is hands down the best thing I’ve done. Literally transforms the car. I have high flow cats as well.

Aceofspades and Tubi Sales like this.
  8. Aceofspades

Aceofspades Karting

Apr 24, 2019
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Kevin K
  9. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    Replace the cats with 2 down pipes would be the least expensive option to get most power gain. Add the other stuff that is mentioned and you get more :)

10. WilyB

WilyB F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 23, 2007
    AZ
    I second that. My Stebro sounds great. I installed an Hyperflow after noticing a strong loss of TQ in mid range w/o Cat. I gladly exchanged the few HP gained at 8,000 RPM for more TQ at mid-range. That AND I pass smog any day.

11. Quite Slow

Quite Slow Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2019
    Oregon, USA
    Full Name:
    Tristan van Niekerk
  12. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Sounds like fun!

However, depending on the condition of the motor is might be better to replace it with a 4-valve and then add the supercharger.

13. Quite Slow

Quite Slow Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2019
    Oregon, USA
    Full Name:
    Tristan van Niekerk
    Motor is in pretty good condition as of now, but if we run into issues we can just swap a QV one in. Don't plan on trying to rebuild the 2 valve if it goes. But before we started ripping it apart the 2v worked quite well with the supercharger.

14. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    "Goes until it blows" :)

The only weak point with the 2v, as I recall (from personal experience), is the cam belt drive pulley bearings.

15. Quite Slow

Quite Slow Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2019
    Oregon, USA
    Full Name:
    Tristan van Niekerk
    Already replaced, as well as all the rest of the pulleys and belts. Next up is replacing all the soft lines and some hard ones, with the best quality we can get our hands on. Then its on to gaskets, springs and anything else we think needs replacement.