348 - New YouTube Nonsense 348 25k major | Page 13 | FerrariChat

348 New YouTube Nonsense 348 25k major

Discussion in '348/355' started by dahveedem, Jul 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    @WATSON it just got even WEIRDER.

sjd

paulchua likes this.
  2. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Excellent post

rvp325, paulchua and BOKE like this.
  3. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Now this is where you make yourself look foolish, because a discount from Ricambi is FChat's worst kept secret.

Ricambi offers a discount to all FChat members.

paulchua, WATSON and BOKE like this.
  4. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    BOKE likes this.
  5. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Are you guys Dumb and Dumber? He offered the discount code to an FChat member, who already received a discount by being an FChat member. Then you respond by saying not everyone is an FChat member?

Talk about self-ownage - you two lead in that category.

paulchua and JAM1 like this.
  6. Fred Daniali

Fred Daniali Karting

Jul 23, 2019
    Chino Hills California
    Full Name:
    Fred Daniali
    Boring! Looks like a Hanes manual.... I like Dan's more.

F1Spider likes this.
  7. Fred Daniali

Fred Daniali Karting

Jul 23, 2019
    Chino Hills California
    Full Name:
    Fred Daniali
    Everybody, I am wrong and Watson is absolutely right. Please give credence to the member with the CREEPY CLOWN AVATAR.

8. F1Spider

F1Spider Karting

Jan 8, 2013
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Stuart
    NormalGuySupercar Dan has his own discount code all be it different than the FChat discount code.

Remember there are Ferrari owners and future Ferrari owners that do not have membership to FCA or a log in to FChat. It is for this reason Dan at Ricambi America decided to create another discount code especially for NormalGuySupercar. He also did it to track how much new business he gets from NormalGuySupercar’s Subscribers.

Why I or anyone needs to explain this in explicit detail is beyond me. It is soo different even a small child would understand.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Fred Daniali likes this.
  9. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Stuart,

There's been plenty of give and take on the issue of name-calling, but it's a bit much to send me PMs to reign in other members while your own insults go unabated. I think it best for all concerned to let it go - tomorrow is another day.

Fred and Stuart,

To clear up any misconceptions you have about Dan's 3-day ban (now expired), that was the third time his profile was sanitized by mods for commercial links - it was applied for no other reason. He was fully aware of our advertising rules after prior warnings and even mentioned them in a recent video. If he repeats the transgression, the mod response will escalate. He doesn't have to opt for sponsorship if he doesn't think it's a viable option for his business, but he can't advertise his business on FerrariChat without sponsorship. It's that simple.

As for both of you, you've had your say extolling the virtues of Dan, the value you ascribe to his channel, and have been permitted to put up a continued defence for him. Neither of you are casual fans recommending a channel but are friends of Dan and cannot promote his channel for him as his representatives without a sponsorship arrangement (which Dan declined to even enquire about). Future promotional occurrences will be regarded as prohibited commercial activity by shills and will be moderated accordingly.

For everyone,

I think this topic has been exhausted tonight, so the thread is closed pending review from the mod team to decide if/when it would be appropriate to reopen it.

All the best,
    Andrew.

10. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    After conducting a review of the thread, here are the thoughts of the moderation team:

1) The thread was created by a FerrariChat member offering legitimate commentary on the value of a YouTube video/channel. We're not going to shut that down or sanitize the comments.

2) When a FerrariChat member has complained about something offsite, we've always allowed the offsite party and their affiliates to respond to the complaints as a matter of fairness. Again, this was permitted in this thread: see posts by @dhurlbert, @Fred Daniali, and @F1Spider, to name the most vociferous of the channel's defenders.

3) Stuart (@F1Spider) and Fred (@Fred Daniali) have demonstrated that they're affiliated with Dan (@dhurlbert) and both have undertaken considerable efforts to promote his channel on FerrariChat as shills. Despite being categorized as shills, they've been allowed to post in defense of Dan because of our fairness policy - this will continue providing they adhere to our rules. In addition to the language/attack rules, clarification is needed on referencing elements of the advert or commercial activity as part of the defense - this is permitted to a limited extent, but comprehensive promotion and further commercial activity is prohibited. This is akin to "fair use" doctrine in copyright law; cite only what you need to support your point and no more.

4) Much leeway has been given on both sides regarding language/attack rules. There will be no further leeway going forward on any side of the debate weighing the value of the channel under discussion. If you choose to engage in the debate, you must regulate your tone or the moderators will intervene.​

The thread has been reopened. It is expected that the tone be much more civil from all parties.

All the best,
    Andrew.

paulchua, 2cam, f355spider and 2 others like this.
  11. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    People with low post numbers seem to be the problem in these kind of situations.

steved033, JAM1 and BOKE like this.
  12. Rickenbach

Rickenbach F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2005
    West
    Full Name:
    Rickenhoser
    Kind of like how the people with the least to offer are on YouTube. Ernie needs a channel.

ernie, JAM1, f355spider and 1 other person like this.
  13. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    agree. It's too bad he's not closer. I've got a list of things that would make a good show.

sjd

ernie, WATSON and BOKE like this.
  14. Fred Daniali

Fred Daniali Karting

Jul 23, 2019
    Chino Hills California
    Full Name:
    Fred Daniali
    Andrew, is this the following address where a representative of your company is able to personally receive mail:

10130 PERIMETER PKWY
    SUITE 200
    CHARLOTTE, NC 28216

Thank you,

Fred Daniali

15. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I have no idea. I'm a volunteer moderator and not involved on the business side. I suggest using the contact form to get in touch with the administrators to ask them.

All the best,
    Andrew.

paulchua and WATSON like this.
  16. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    People still send mail? :confused:

paulchua, WATSON and BOKE like this.
  17. Fred Daniali

Fred Daniali Karting

Jul 23, 2019
    Chino Hills California
    Full Name:
    Fred Daniali
    If I reference you as "Andrew", will the administrators know who you are?

18. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Yes, they will.

All the best,
    Andrew.

paulchua and WATSON like this.
  19. Fred Daniali

Fred Daniali Karting

Jul 23, 2019
    Chino Hills California
    Full Name:
    Fred Daniali
    And although you are a volunteer, are you considered an official affiliate and representative of "Ferrarichat"?

20. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I am a volunteer moderator who assists the community by enforcing the site rules. I do not get paid, have no contract, and am not an employee.

I suspect you want to talk to someone who is an employee and who does represent FerrariChat as a business. Click here to send them a message: contact us.

All the best,
    Andrew.

paulchua likes this.
  21. Fred Daniali

Fred Daniali Karting

Jul 23, 2019
    Chino Hills California
    Full Name:
    Fred Daniali
    I am just respectfully asking you to answer the question with a simple yes or no. I was not asking for clarification of your duties.

22. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I'm a volunteer moderator. That is a defined, well-accepted, specific position that is distinct from an affiliate or representative. I cannot speak for FerrariChat as a business and do not take business decisions - you'll need to talk to the administrators via the contact form to speak to a business representative.

All the best,
    Andrew.

BOKE and paulchua like this.
  23. Fred Daniali

Fred Daniali Karting

Jul 23, 2019
    Chino Hills California
    Full Name:
    Fred Daniali
    It seems that they give you the ability to reprimand or enforce the rules? Is the outcome of these skirmishes your sole decision or must you collaborate with an official affiliate or representative of "Ferrarichat"?

24. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Are you sending out Christmas cards? Would you like some additional addresses?

WATSON, BOKE, paulchua and 2 others like this.
  25. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I thought you didn't want a clarification of my duties. Make up your mind. :)

If you want to discuss site administration and definition of everyone's roles, you should talk to the administrators via the contact us form. I'm not going to spend any further time volunteering to answer a bunch of pedantic questions that seemingly have no point to them.

All the best,
    Andrew.

BOKE and paulchua like this.