Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 123 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Well, did you at least try to simply disconnect the valves ?

Imo it will work without any problems, as in the 458.

2. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Amazing insight, great contribution to the thread.

3. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Sorry Melvok, not this time buddy. The good old days are over. Disconnect the valves on F8 and she'll go straight into limp. It's all to do with the new pressure sensors and the GPF. The whole thing is riddled with fail-safes.

4. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Well, you can only be sure if you try and disconnect them imo :)

Did anyone here on Fchat disconnect them on a Pista or a 488 GTB ?

5. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Yes but Pista and GTB are different as there is no pressure sensor post cat. I've been told on very good advice by the head tech who worked on the setting up of the prototype controller in my Pista (in liaison with Steve from Forza) that if the valves are disconnected on an F8 you will 100% need a Ferrari workshop to reset everything back so it can run properly again. The head tech has been to HQ and has done all the training on both cars and engines but by all means if you're feeling lucky please feel free to try and beat the system. I was assured it is fail-safe this time and that's probably why nobody has yet found any solution in being able to get around it. He said how Ferrari really doesn't want ANYONE playing around with the exhaust on F8 as and has gone to great lengths. Also said how Ferrari are right on top of warranty with regards to the fiddling with the exhaust and will deny the claim.

Bundy, Astrid.Didier and of2worlds like this.
  6. RoyalPink

RoyalPink Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2019
    Southern Utah
    Full Name:
    John D.
    Would you say it's also best practice not to do anything with an aftermarket exhaust as well?

7. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    No i'm not saying that - just pointing out Ferrari is really focused on aftermarket exhausts when determining warranty claims now.

With F8 and all the fail-safes and, from what I was told, I truly can't see playing around with the exhaust as even being an option anymore unfortunately.

of2worlds likes this.
  8. RoyalPink

RoyalPink Formula 3

Mar 18, 2019
    Southern Utah
    Full Name:
    John D.
    Thank you that answers my question and was along the lines of my thinking as well. I didn't say you were saying that. I asked would you say. Meaning I wanted your opinion.

of2worlds and Shadowfax like this.
  9. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    Jeeze... it sounds like Ferrari has teamed up with the euro politicians to make sure nobody can enjoy a nice sounding car ever again. NO SOUND FOR YOU!!! How pathetic....

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Ash Patel likes this.
  10. tickerhound

tickerhound Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2016
    IL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Well maybe not teamed up but just trying to co exist and sell some awesome cars to people like us...

11. tickerhound

Sep 17, 2016
    IL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    That being said however, I love the look of the F8, but after owning 4 F cars, the Pista is my end game.

Thecadster, Melvok, Shadowfax and 2 others like this.
  12. ferrarifanatic25

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    Agreed that the F8 is beautiful and surely and amazing drive! Also agree that the Pista is the pinnacle of the mid-engine, non-hybrid V8 Ferrari.

I just wish Ferrari was more in the game of exploiting loopholes instead of throwing the towel in just like that. It’s not like there’s gonna be some PR nightmare. The people responsible for these new regulations (and the people who voted for them) have a million other things to complain about before they start calling out exotic car manufacturers that produce <10,000 cars per year. Let’s exploit all the loopholes we can and enjoy these amazing machines to the fullest extent before they are banned from public streets forever!

Ash Patel, Bundy and Melvok like this.
  13. tickerhound

Sep 17, 2016
    IL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Agree totally! It's a sad state of affairs.

14. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Yep like VW rigging emissions on Millions of cars !!!!!!

15. ferrarifanatic25

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    1. Millions vs thousands... not comparable in the public eye

2. VW legitimately cheated and deserved every last bit of criticism they received. The point of a “loophole” is that it must be legal. Why not make these systems easy to defeat or even offer Ferrari genuine products from the factory to markets where they are legal? The factory could make some nice profits off this. And as I said before, the cry babies who may be offended by this have a million other things they’re already offended by. Ferrari offering legal accessories to make their cars louder are the very least of these people’s concerns. There’s only so many things any one person can be offended by....

16. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mel
    I think there will be solutions coming … maybe from firms like Capristo or so

In the end, it's their existence …. they want to sell aftermarket stuff all the way.

Let's see … :)

17. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    It's all about business. The fact is that Ferrari has to comply with the EU rules, thus they engineer their cars to those standards. Having to re-engineer a car for other markets is a hugely expensive task, one that doesn't make sense financially.

18. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The EU sucks.

MANDALAY, Solid State, Bundy and 4 others like this.
  19. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    I think the answer will lie is electronic manipulation of the post cat pressure sensors to “fool” the ecu into seeing normal pressure
    I’m sure the aftermarket will eventually find a way to hack the algorithms

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

PTG1, of2worlds and ferrarifanatic25 like this.
  20. ferrarifanatic25

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    You’re right. Those who don’t adapt eventually go extinct. Given that many of these aftermarket companies survive off exhaust products, they’ll figure out a way or they’ll go out of business.

I just don’t understand why Ferrari would spend time and money making these systems difficult to defeat? It makes very little business sense to me. Maybe they loose so much money on warranty claims that they actually want their customers to void them? If anything, I would think they should be more flexible with their customers given that the EU is not very flexible towards manufacturers. Instead, it sounds like we’re getting the opposite.

21. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Before we all get our panties in an uproar, let’s wait till the cars are delivered and assess the situation then.

stavura, Melvok and ferrarifanatic25 like this.
  22. RoyalPink

RoyalPink Formula 3

Mar 18, 2019
    Southern Utah
    Full Name:
    John D.
    Then what will we have to discuss? Means we might have to go back and rehash the rehash. Heaven forbid.

Melvok likes this.
  23. FerrariFR33458

FerrariFR33458 Formula 3

Aug 4, 2017
    Wash DC Area
    Full Name:
    FR33

Sound included!

24. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    It is highly plausible that many F8 owners will be satisfied with the sound of the car. For those who aren’t, a fix might become available if there is sufficient demand.

Dicecal likes this.