Sold - 91 Testarossa Red/Tan $82,900.00 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Sold 91 Testarossa Red/Tan $82,900.00

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Shamile, Aug 25, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Definitely 200k for sure! ;) lol

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    I like the way you think. I honestly think your car couldn't be duplicated for $30K+ what you are asking for it. If the odometer is the only thing preventing somebody from buying your car, they are foolish.

You know every nut and bolt on your car. You know what you spent over the last 16 years of ownership, and all of that is documented on FChat. All these clowns that say they are in the market for a TR are clueless. They are really missing the boat on your car. While they keep looking for something better, they could be driving your car.

A newbie buying something off BaT and trying to get it going on a shoestring will be very disappointed. There isn't a TR the quality and price of yours for sale on the planet right now. I don't get it at all.

Cheers,
    Marc

arizonaitalian and Shamile like this.
  3. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Wow...you have me convinced to buy this mythical Testarossa...oh wait, I own it lol

Seriously, thanks for pointing out what I have done and how I like to maintain it over the years.
    People ask....so, if it's that good, why are you selling? Umm....16 years is a long time with a car and to resist the urge to modify it ( changing interior leather color) for something fresh. So, sometimes, it's just better to move on to something fresh. I put 75k miles on my Diablo VT Roadster over 10 years. The car was my favorite daily driver thus far. That said, 10 years and 75k miles....I don't want the same car again.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

BOKE and Jakuzzi like this.
  4. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    I have a low very low mileage 1998 355 GTS F1 that I bought new, sitting in my garage. I am the eternal optimist. YMMV

I have been doing a hard search for an early SWB 2.0 liter 911S for a few months for a friend. So we are talking about a car that is twice as old as yours. Finding a fairly straight AND original car is harder than you would think. Price isn't a consideration. There aren't a lot of owners/caretakers like you around these days. People have their way with stuff, defer maintenance, and let little things go. Buying one of those cars is taking on a project as far as my friend is concerned. Good cars find good homes eventually.

Nobody in central Florida needs a puzzy magnet??? I don't believe that for a minute.

Shamile likes this.
  5. Dean Palmer

Dean Palmer Formula Junior

May 21, 2010
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    Dean Palmer
    I will try and make it up to the shop to take a look this week. I'm only a few miles away and drive by there regularly but timing is bad :)

Shamile likes this.
  6. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    You're 5 minutes away and haven't seen it yet?? lol

You better hurry as I should be getting it back this week. I have to be at the Jacksonville airport on Monday for business, so I will probably be having it flat bedded back to my place Tuesday.

If you do want to see it, post here ( PM doesn't seem to work well on my smartphone) and I'll have it picked up Wednesday. One day won't make a difference to me.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

7. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    Shamile, sorry your car hasn't sold yet.
    Nobody really wants to admit it but the car market is DEAD! Not just Ferrari but Porsche and everything else. I follow the car market daily and can't believe what I've seen over the past 24 months. And especially the past 6 months! Wow! Nothing is moving. People are long a lot of inventory and it is going to be a while before it clears out. It just is what it is :(

8. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    As a believer in the free market, I agree it's not in my favor at this time. Oh well...that's just the way timing works.

Like I have mentioned, I will continue the sale while I just drive it. The main car I wanted to sell was my Murcielago Roadster and that sold to Roy....in one day.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

BOKE likes this.
  9. Dean Palmer

May 21, 2010
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    Dean Palmer
    Now I have!!! :) Got a few minutes today to stop and visit this beauty...

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Thecadster and Shamile like this.
  10. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    You need to give that car a good home. Just do it.:D:D:D

Shamile likes this.
  11. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I hope u sell it at the price u want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shamile likes this.
  12. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Ah cool....you made it. Well, I hope you asked Gabe all the questions you wanted.
    If you have further interest, just let me know.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

BOKE likes this.
  13. RicSinger

RicSinger Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2016
    San Diego California
    Is this car still available?
    I would be interested, could I see a couple of photos?

Thanks.
    Ricardo

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Shamile likes this.
  14. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    Check the first page for pictures.:)

Shamile likes this.
  15. RicSinger

RicSinger Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2016
    San Diego California
    Thank you.
    I only see one photo.
    Am I not looking in the right place ?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

16. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky
    There are 20+ great pictures on the first page of this thread.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Shamile likes this.
  17. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Thanks for your interest. If you have any questions, please ask or if you would like an unbiased opinion, please contact Gabe at European Exotic Center in Clearwater FL.

He has worked on my 91 Testarossa for the last 16 years of my ownership. He knows the car and knows how I like to keep it.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

BOKE likes this.
  18. Dean Palmer

May 21, 2010
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    Dean Palmer
    I was not able to chat with Gabe. Everyone looked busy so I just talked to one of the folks in the office and let them know you sent me and that I was not some strange lurker ;-) I will reach out with any questions, but the larger struggle will be with the significant other, parking space, and financial irresponsibility!!!! :)

Shamile likes this.
  19. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    #69 Shamile, Dec 3, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    What?? You should have asked for Gabe. It's not a bother to ask questions on a major purchase. For one, you would probably be servicing the car with him...so he would see you as a future customer. Two, I would likely buy an Aventador Roadster from him and only two others I trust most....Lamborghini Sarasota and Roy Cats.

If you do have any questions for me, post here since you've seen the car and it will give others your perspective.

As for the wife, put a new Louis Vuitton bag in the passenger seat.

Parking? Throw out the daily driver ( you live in Florida...a Ferrari is a great daily driver)

Finance? Think of all the money you saved over the years by not indulging on hookers and blow...put it in a Testarossa.

....and you get to yell...."Freeze....Miami Vice!" everytime you jump out. ( please leave your socks at home)

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

tatry68, rennspeed, BOKE and 8 others like this.
  20. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    #70 Shamile, Dec 19, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
    I recently got the car back from Gabe. Rear wheel bearing done and front ball joint done. Diagnostics on the lack of heat turned out to be a collapsed hose which is now on order. Diagnostics on the AC system turning off by itself yielded no result as it worked perfectly every time he took it out to test it....typical. Tried four times and we decided to bring the car back.
    I went over it myself and found the AC compressor magnetic clutch connection was dirty and loose. This can fool you as the plastic outer connectors can click together snuggly but the M and F spades can still be loose. Cleaning, squeezing the F spade a littler tighter and adding dielectric grease and boom....it works!
    The speedometer went goes back in after having a bouncing issue repaired at North Hollywood Speedometer. 200 miles later and the speedometer works just fine.

Shamile
    Freeze...Miami Vice!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

JoeTSI and BOKE like this.
  21. Drive550PFB

Drive550PFB Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Classic.

BOKE and Shamile like this.
  22. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    i think its far from dead,i have been looking for a 355 and there selling and diablos are still high priced and still selling dont see the market dead its slowed down i have not been able to say found any great deals as of now

23. Fedawg

Fedawg Rookie

Nov 16, 2004
    This car was serviced in Clearwater/Largo?

Shamile likes this.
  24. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    I donno....even the exotic car dealers I know as friends say things are slow. It's just the cycle low.

I wonder if we'll get a move into tangible assets as the markets take profits off the table like in 2015 soon. It seems due.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

25. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Yes, European Exotic Center in Clearwater FL. The owner Gabe Morales has worked on my car since 2003 when he was the head tech at Central Florida Ferrari.

I stick to people I know and trust....and he's a good guy.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

Jakuzzi likes this.