Any information on this car? | FerrariChat

Any information on this car?

Discussion in 'Holland/Belgium' started by ferrari-nut, Jul 19, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrari-nut

ferrari-nut Formula Junior

May 24, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    ANTHONY
    To all my Dutch friends..................... Can anyone help me?

I recently purchased a RHD Ferrari 365 GT 2+2. Chassis number 11735.

I believe that this car was imported into the UK in Auguyst 1971. Originally it was ordered new, from Italy by a Dutch gentleman that had lost is arm in an accedent and hence needed a RHD car. I believe he only had the car a short wile and then sold it on to a guy called John Reed in England. Any information will be useful.

Thanks, Anthony

Melvok likes this.
  2. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    I have no idea, but if the car was ordered new to be shipped and delivered to a Dutch costumer, chances are Dutch importer Kroymans has some record of this car.

3. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    Kroymans wasn't importer at that time. I think Maasland was but that company no longer exists. I have nothing on this car but will ask someone who might know. A one-armed Ferrari owner might ring a bell.

4. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    The importer at the time was not Maasland but Molenaars in Amersfoort who was also Morris dealer and had good connections with England so maybe he got the RHD version that way. I talked with someone who might have known the car or Dutch owner but unfortunately it didn't ring a bell, sorry.

5. ferrari-nut

ferrari-nut Formula Junior

May 24, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    ANTHONY
    Thanks, Peter

6. Napoli365

Napoli365 Karting

Jul 25, 2019
    Full Name:
    Stefano Caretti
    Anthony,

I believe you are still active on this site. I am putting together a registry on the 365 GT 2+2 and would welcome pictures and current whereabouts about the car you own (or owned) " I recently purchased a RHD Ferrari 365 GT 2+2. Chassis number 11735."

I appreciate your consideration.

Sincerely,

Stefano

Melvok likes this.
  7. nico308

nico308 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2011
    11735 seems to be sold to a certain Mr Verbeck in Belgium as new if we looked into Hilary A. Raab book about Ferrari serial numbers ,Molenaars seems to import Ferrari's in Holland trought Jacques Swaters Garage Francorchamps what maybe explain the Belgian link in the book .
    I would love to know more about this mister Molenaars and his link with the Garage Francorchamps when was it stared ,how long was the partnership ?

8. VetroresinaNL

VetroresinaNL Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 25, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Vetroresina
    Hello. Mr. Molenaar was an entrepreneur in the Dutch automotive business. See this link, all in Dutch. Google translate will help out :)!

https://www.conam.info/historie/assemblagebedrijven/assemblagebedrijven-beschrijvingen/429-molenaar-amersfoort

I think I know the Ferrari link with Mr. Molenaar. One of his former employees, Mr. Henk Richten, was working at Koni (the later well known Dutch shock absorber company...). Mr. Richten was the liaison between Koni HQ in Holland and the Ferrari factory. When Ferrari mechanics were struggeling with the roadholding of their race cars, he was the one suggesting to use Koni shock absorbers. Enzo Ferrari approved the whole operation and the rest is history.... Although it seems Prince Bernhard van Oranje, a passionate Ferrari owner, did his bit too. The Dutch connection was established, Mr. Molenaar extended his business with the Ferrari import. This lasted from 1965 till 1968.

Elder Scheulderman
    Image Unavailable, Please Login