My wife wants a Range Rover | Page 3 | FerrariChat

My wife wants a Range Rover

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Innovativethinker, Jun 12, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    The River runs through it
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    Ive been lucky on my RR and ferrari ownership.

If only I have any use for another SC, Ill buy it again. Dont miss the 12-16 mpg gas mileage.

2. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    The River runs through it
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    Thats why I bought a Diesel RR. Not too flashy. If you tell people its a diesel, people will start treating you lowly. LOL

DGPF likes this.
  3. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    So, stupid to me was the presence of the "cooler" in the center console.

While handy for those that need their drinks cold (it seems cold enough to make ice), I'd prefer the storage space. You have to open the lid, then open the cooler lid, then toss your stuff in. About the size of 3-4 smaller water bottles, narrow and deep, and you cannot easily put stuff in or take stuff out due to the dual lids.

I went to store sunglasses and there is no place to put them. Missing from the roof is an eye-glass storage that is standard on 95% of vehicles made - especially an SUV.

Actually, unless you want to reach across to the passenger side, there is zero storage other than the "cooler" and the two cup holders (I'm not counting the door, as it is just a big opening on the lowest part of the door).

I need to keep: sunglasses, regular glasses, keys, phone, phone cord, coin and paper change, pens, maybe some hard candy like mints, spare napkins or Kleenex, maybe a spare charger, and there is just no place to put anything. If you use car play you have to plug in your phone, and there is no place to keep the phone with the "cooler" option. It just dangles on top of the cup holder(s).

My 911 have more driver storage space.

Rides and performs like a dream, but horrible storage for the driver. I asked service to find out what it would take to remove the cooler to recover the storage - "we've never done that".

Obviously this is on me, I picked the vehicle, although the ones I test drove did not have the cooler option.

Sigh...

4. colombo2cam

colombo2cam Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Under the cup holder is more storage they slide.

5. Innovativethinker

Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    I forgot that - Thanks!

6. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    I’ve daily’d my 2015 SVR for 4 years...love it and no major issues, still going strong. Exhaust intoxicating!
    Oh my wife daily’s the G4x4

[​IMG]

Sent from my 16M

Schultz and colombo2cam like this.
  7. MotorMouth

MotorMouth Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 6, 2010
    MA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    pull the fuse for the cooler out

8. Innovativethinker

Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    So I loaned it to my kids to drive while down for the holidays. of course it got hit by a hit and run driver.

Still had the paper plates on it.

sigh...

9. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sorry to hear, hope everyone is ok and easy fix.

10. Innovativethinker

Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    thankfully everyone is fine.

cops called another driver saw it happen and also just happened to have a dash cam that captured the whole ordeal. Kid and mom in car. Kid lost control doing stupid stuff on fwy, hit our car, went into weeds, switched drivers and took off.

That will leave a mark on their records.