Ford v Ferrari | FerrariChat

Ford v Ferrari

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by italianjoe, Oct 18, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. italianjoe

italianjoe Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2010
    dearborn heights mi
    Full Name:
    joe
    Are there any Ferrari Club members of Michigan, and/or chapter President, here that would be interested in joining, and/or helping putting an event together to the Movie event of Ford v Ferrari ? I am the Ford GT service technician at one of the metro Detroit area servicing dealership who happens to own a ferrari and would like to see support from the Ferrari community. If you have and questions please contact me. Thank you

Sent from my SM-G930V using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
  3. Kruegmeister

Kruegmeister Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 24, 2016
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Kruegmeister
    I don't think the Pres is on here, Vice usually is.
    I'll let him know & see if anything was in the Works, Pres retired from Ford BTW

I'd be interested either way assuming I'm available & not going up North

4. italianjoe

Jun 30, 2010
    dearborn heights mi
    Full Name:
    joe
    Thanks Guys if you could also get a group of ferrari owners from the area that would be good......last I heard possible we maybe able to get the IMAX at the Henry ford.

5. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    I will check with the Pres; I know something was in the works

6. Jeffg11

Jeffg11 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 31, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff Grabowski
    Jim had an event tentatively scheduled in Birmingham for the opening night. I haven’t heard much since the first message.

IMAX sounds really cool, I’d be interested in attending too. Unfortunately I will probably have put my car away for the winter.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
    IMAX at Henry Ford would be great. There's quite a few GTs stored at 15 and Crooks so Birmingham could work as well if the FGT guys wanted to drive.

8. italianjoe

Jun 30, 2010
    dearborn heights mi
    Full Name:
    joe
    Your talking about Icon ? Yes there are a few Ford GT stored there, their are Ford GT owners on this side that store there cars over there as well, I often have to go to Icon to pick up a Ford GT for service.

9. joesicoli1965

joesicoli1965 Rookie

Nov 17, 2014
    Any word from the President of the ferrari club of Michigan ? Looks like the IMAX will not be possible and Birmingham could be the theater of choice.....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

10. Jorligan

Jorligan Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 23, 2007
    Dexter, MI
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Count me in

11. italianjoe

Jun 30, 2010
    dearborn heights mi
    Full Name:
    joe
    Ok guys.....the ford gt group got their invites (see below) if some of you Ferrari guys want to go as a separate group I would be willing to join in with you guys.....each person being responsible for there own tickets. Not sure if we need to get them in advance or not? Was hoping that someone from the ferrari club of Michigan has already looked into this. Please discuss what would be the best way to move forward. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

12. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    I just got word a few minutes ago that the Ferrari Club of Michigan won't be doing anything as a group, but I know a lot of individuals are interested. I would suggest that anyone interested respond on this thread to pick a mutual time that would work; I think reserving is a good idea because these days for any movie a lot is done by reservation.

italianjoe likes this.
  13. italianjoe

Jun 30, 2010
    dearborn heights mi
    Full Name:
    joe
    Thank you vincep99, we have theater # 4 at 8pm and have reserved all 60 seats and looks like more then 1/2 of them have been spoken for and their have been a few who received invites that have not responded yet. If you guys would like some help I don't mind helping.....just let me know what I can do to help.

14. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    OK, I will pass it along, and thanks for the offer of help!

15. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
  16. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    jm2 likes this.