Bosch MAF for $110 | FerrariChat

Bosch MAF for $110

Discussion in '360/430' started by thehick, Nov 4, 2019.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. thehick

thehick Karting
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 18, 2006
    VA
  2. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    thehick likes this.
  3. thehick

thehick Karting
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 18, 2006
    VA
    Good to know. The price just seemed to be one of those too good to be true prices.

4. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    There have been known bosch counterfeit MAFs.
    I bought from eurospares for a similar price for peace of mind.

5. 360+Volt=Prius

360+Volt=Prius Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2013
    Western Mass
    Full Name:
    Raimondo
    250 vs 400+ from eurospares. I just ordered mine and will roll the dice.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

6. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    You're generally pretty safe ordering from reputable re-sellers and authorized Bosch distributors. That price is in-line with most re-sellers.

7. SCKOMS

SCKOMS F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 21, 2011
    Lake County, IL
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    Why are you changing them?
    Is this service item that has a specific interval?
    I recently removed and cleaned the sensors but they didn't appear any cleaner. Runs fine as far as I can tell though.
    Sent from my Galaxy

8. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans

About $200usd each shipped

Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

it fails all the time. 3 times on my on diffferent cars. When it fails it will throw a cel

10. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
    I carry a spare one in my car when on long trips from home. Easy to change

11. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    I would not run a suspect mas on an engine that revs 8500.. and the sensor det afr..,

Beware of eBay and amazon sellers... be sure you are getting genuine parts.

12. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    There is nothing suspect about that part.

13. Mimmo Blue

Mimmo Blue Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2018
    Stoney Creek, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Dom
    Rockauto carries the Bosch MAFa at a similar price

14. 360+Volt=Prius

360+Volt=Prius Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2013
    Western Mass
    Full Name:
    Raimondo
    Mine arrived in 24 hours, 240 bucks delivered. Bosch sealed box with the Bosch holographic tape sealing. I believe they are legit.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Need4Spd and one4torque like this.
  15. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    You should be fine if factory sealed.

Red- I’m referring to my experience buying 50-100 mas from flea bay.

they looked like Bosch but did not work for me when I was playing w a supercharged Amg.

the Amg tuner said even the genuine Bosch mas meters vary in quality and they sometimes had to go through a few before he found a suitable mass air meter that worked w the voltage clamp to range in the readings. Now this was on a blown car trying to use a stock mass air meter on the ragged edge of being pegged. But I did find interest in the variability of these parts.

mai I don’t cut corners on this critical sensor for air fuel ratio and engine health on something rev over 8400 rpm!

16. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Cheap sensors are ok for diagnosis imho but the mappings are usually off. I bought a Brent for my 997 and the car ran like crap when I put it in. Barely idled even after battery reset. Only buy oem if it matters. I squirt mine Waugh a cleaner every few months

17. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    This IS the OEM sensor, y'all. It's the same exact thing, just not in a Ferrari box. There are no extra QC steps that these parts go through before they are put into the Ferrari box...in fact, they are most likely boxed at Bosch before they even leave the factory....long ago, I worked in a water pump factory, all the pumps came off the same assembly line, but we put X number in the Advance box, X number in the Autozone box, X number in the dealer's box, they went to different places and were all different prices for the same exact pump.

I have no problem with people wanting to buy "genuine" parts, and there is definitely a market for that, but let's not kid ourselves into thinking that the "Ferrari" part for $300 is not the exact same thing, from the exact same assembly line, as the "Bosch" part from Rockauto for $100.

18. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Agree. Get genuine Bosch.

just don’t get fake Bosch off eBay.

agree don’t care if it’s in the cool Ferrari box.

We agree sir.

19. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Don't roll all Ebay sellers in the same heap. I have bought many authentic Bosch parts off Ebay over the years, including MAFs, idle control valve, spark plugs, wiper blades, sensors, coils, etc. I just check and verify the seller. For example, I use "partscontainer" which is a large seller on Ebay, that access the exact same distribution network that most of other large wholesale parts houses use. I recently purchased a BMW gas cap manufactured by the original equipment supplier to BMW through partscontainer, it came from the local warehouse that is located in my state, arrived in two days. Identical to the BMW part, just not in BMW packaging.

Obviously don't buy from sellers in China...but also, beware of sellers in the USA that import counterfeit parts and try to pass them off as a "USA seller" ;)

20. DDavid

DDavid Karting

May 3, 2018
    Full Name:
    DDD
    I bought supposedly original Bosch MAFs from a UK based seller with VERY high feedback and the car never ran right with them. I tried all manner of diagnosis including replacing many other parts (02 sensors, coils, cam position sensors, crank angle sensors, fuel pumps....) and finally gave in and bought a new pair of MAFs from a local Ferrari Dealer and the car is now perfect. No logged codes in over a month which is something of a miracle to me. Better to drive and more power. I don't mind that I replaced virtually every single sensor on the engine, it's kind of like hitting a reset button to me. The car is nearly 20 years old, parts get heat cycled a lot in that time.....BEWARE of incorrect MAFs. Mine looked absolutely identical to the factory Ferrari ones, but they didn't work properly. I'm convinced they were knock offs in well presented Bosch boxes....complete with the wax paper wrapping.

21. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    See. Ddavid post above.

the mass air meter is critical