Blue Testarossa- Southampton, NY | FerrariChat

Blue Testarossa- Southampton, NY

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by read33, Oct 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. read33

read33 Karting

Mar 23, 2017
    Long Island
  2. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #2 msdesignltd, Oct 15, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    Its been sitting there for over a year
    I ve seen it many times.. barely A 7 out of 10 car
    You could probably steal it..
    Hopefully put original wheels back on it

3. APA#1

APA#1 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Central Florida
    It needs an engine out belt service if you subscribe to the 3 year interval.....

4. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    I bet there would be a few people who would be OK with a 7/10 car if it was priced like a 7/10 car. All cars are priced as if they are 13/10 cars at the moment.

5. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
    I bought a 4/10 car and I love it.

Jakuzzi, Bradwilliams and cnpapa24 like this.
  6. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    whats the ask on the blue car? i dont see it listed

7. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Was over 130 on eBay lasr I saw it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    cars are no different than houses - asking price is a function of desire to sell.

9. V4NG0

V4NG0 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    Charles Edward Cheese
    True. My neighbor is probably asking too much, and his house just sits. It is outdated inside, as he doesn’t care to fix it up. He doesn’t even bother to blow the leaves off the driveway for when prospective buyers show up for a walk through etc. There are LOTS of cars on the market like this. It’s a mindset of ‘if you pay me a nice price and the deal requires low effort, then great. Otherwise, I’ll just keep the car.’ Some dealers will even use certain cars as showroom floor display pieces with BIG prices on them, not really intending to sell them. But they serve as a contrasting device to the rest of inventory, making everything else look like a ‘bargain.’ It’s an old marketing trick. Some ‘get it,’ while others don’t.

10. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    Got any pictures? Would love to see what you mean.

11. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Wasnt that the car that kept getting flipped about 4 years ago? I think I remember the sale ad and the fact that it had the cream interior with wheels. Somebody was asking the moon for it back in 2015.

12. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    except housing is strong and car s are soft at this time

13. DCooper72

DCooper72 Rookie

Feb 15, 2019
    Full Name:
    Don Cooper
    Sounds like they are still asking the moon- 130k is about double what this car is worth in the current market (7/10 car overdue on maintenance)

I do love that color combo though!

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  14. Natkingcolebasket69

Amen

15. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    #15 MOSS, Oct 25, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
    I inquired about this car a year ago and yes, the number is 130 and it is a consign car or was at the time. Wheels look outstanding and so does
    the car and no I do not do 3 year belt changes. More like 7 and the belts look brand new even then. If they would sell that car for 80k I would be a buyer even though I just added a $400,000 car to the collection. This one is very cool.

16. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    By no means can you steal this car. Will not budge off of 130k and not that friendly of person representing it.

17. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    if you got it for 80K how much do u think u wld put into it to get it to where you want it? 15K maybe?

18. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    Good point, 75 would be better but 15k sounds about right for work to be done. I really love it and tried to buy it more than once. I hate it when you find a neat car like this one and the seller is so outrageous that you may as well say the car is not for sale. After the length of time it has been on the market and I have seen this one out there about 3 years from one dealer to another, they would come to the conclusion that they are not even close. Someone made a stupid buy and wants to get all his money back from another uneducated buyer. It may happen if its a finance deal and the buyer has to finance it and is not in a good spot credit wise so he has to pay full price. Sad

Zeff and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  19. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    It’s interesting because $80k seems to be the number for a reasonable one now.

20. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    I guess it is Jay. I have not been watching them that close in a while. I thought the low mileage ones were still a hundred or so

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

21. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    Ahhh so that’s it. I have wondered about that. There is a company in Atlanta called Merlin or something and the have had a black Mondial t coupe on the market for at least 2 years now maybe more. Among other cars that just seem to sit and not sell. Ridiculous prices. So I was wondering how a company stays in business like that. By NOT selling their inventory.

Zeff and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  22. Jay R

Jay R Karting
    BANNED

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    James R 12345
    I think you’re right although I think there’s demand for a ‘driver’ ie one that’s been regularly used, maybe not completely stock but maintained well with a higher mileage.

23. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    if they have money and not need to sell for lower price so why should they sell then? better to sell 1 car with 10.000 profit than 10 cars with only 1000 profit - much less work and no endless discusssions with may be buyers

24. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    But they aren’t selling, that’s my point. I could list my Porsche 968 for a hundred grand and it wouldn’t sell either.

Zeff likes this.
  25. Natkingcolebasket69

U never know;)

turbo-joe likes this.