Mondials For Sale | Page 83 | FerrariChat

Mondials For Sale

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by 123howie, May 26, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    paulchua likes this.
  2. Drewbdo

Drewbdo Karting

Apr 8, 2016
    Atlanta, Georgia
    That engine sound is glorious. I was smiling as I listened to the engine note on headphones. :):)

paulchua likes this.
  3. leeber

leeber Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 21, 2012
    Charleston, SC
    i love your mondial, but cant quite pull trigger on rossa c. at the moment. if i can get over the color and you decide to sell, I will p.m. you.

4. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    Great decision to keep the car! Sailboats are cool, but there are only so many nice Mondial Coupes around. ;) I took mine out for a couple hour drive on some nice, curvy Hill Country roads early Sunday and really enjoyed it. I've had the car for a year now and still love it.

2cam

djs308 and Drewbdo like this.
  5. pbaron89

pbaron89 Karting

May 17, 2013
    Fort Lauderdale , FL
    Full Name:
    Peter Baron
    Hello again! i wound up getting this car ! If you remember, i purchased the' 90 white / red cab in May that was on ebay pretty cheap... i have that at Tim Stanford'd getting the Belt service done and some other minor issues w the car ( like one of the window motors is shot..) and Tim's seal of approval on the car.. then it will go for some paint correction.. had a bad respray on a fender.. and then get the interior leather reconditioned. Tim has a great guy that did wonders on another car i had.. so far - its checked out will with tim and got the seal of approval from Tim's paint and body guy.. says it was a good purchase..

This 89 coupe was well loved.. has every single record since new. It also needs a belt service, and the AC is non operational.. think it needs a new compressor. The interior is actually better than some 15k cars i've seen and needs 0. Needs a paint correction on the front bumper and radiator valance ( from stone chips) ..but rest looks good! a few other things to fix, but not too major. So in about a week , we will move the Cab out of tim's and bring in the coupe! Sooo hard not to get a T coupe - my kryptonite! one of the few t Coupes brought in - with under 50k miles.. I was bidding on the Bring a trailer coupe and bowed out at 44.250 - Just under the final bid of 45k ( then add the 5% fee!). was hard to go higher than that based on photos.. Regretted not getting that car until i saw this one.. With this car.. milage is 3k more.. but the history is top notch.. seeing it person - was easy to get it . Not sure when the nest T coupe with under 45k miles will pop up - especially reasonably priced .. so had to do it

Im sure ill sell one eventually .. but for now ill have fun with both!

read33 likes this.
  6. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Certainly looks like a beautiful example. Enjoy!

ZFFFD32A9K0081834

Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. KoBan2000

KoBan2000 Rookie

Aug 22, 2019
    Full Name:
    Konstantin Bandura
    Figured you guys would be the right group to give me an advise on a best way to sell a black 1986 Mondial 3.2 cabriolet. A friend of mine lost his cancer battle a few weeks ago and the widow asked me if I could help her sell the Ferrari. My friend bought the Mondial new and put 70K+ mile on it. I know he took great care of the car and occasionally went to car shows to proudly display it. I see some Mondials are sold on Ebay, auctioned on BringATrailer, but I would probably need to spend a lot of time collecting documentation, creating videos, answering technical questions to go that route. Is there an easier way to reasonably sell this car without much hassle other than giving it to a dealer for very little money? The car is in Connecticut.

8. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    Hi Konstantin,

First off, condolences on your friend's death. Sorry to hear that. :(

As for selling the car, the best way really depends on quickly your friend's family would like to part with the vehicle. It might be good to pay for a classified ad here on Fchat to start with to see if you could pick up a buyer here. Be sure to take a bunch of photos and list any major service items that may have been been performed on the car - especially within the last 5 years. If nothing else, posting pictures will help the group here provide additional guidance on how best to present it.

And then, there's always Beverly Hills Car Club if the family wants to sell it as quickly as possible. The downside is that they will probably be the lowest bidder for the car.

Good luck!

2cam

Wade and paulchua like this.
  9. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Yes, my sympathies to you and your friend's family.

Since you're in CT, I would suggest stopping by Black Horse Garage in Bridgeport. They are very familiar with Mondials. Maybe they can consign it for you.

https://www.blackhorsegarage.com/
    https://www.blackhorsegarage.com/Services.aspx

Here's one of theirs that I looked at a few years ago

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    "Ended by the seller because the item is no longer available." Price was $22,750

11. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    Sorry for your loss. As Wade mentioned while your here you might as list it here for sale. I'm in Fairfield county, own the same model, happy to take a look at if you need help.... depending where the car is.

This Sunday is Caffeine and Carburetors in DT New Canaan. Amazing get together that's very popular. Starts at 8am, and fills up quickly. Will be there myself in my Mondial as well.

A for sale sign on the Mondial while looking at all the amazing cars is not a bad way to start the day.

Dave

Wade likes this.
  12. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    FChat classified
    Then Ferrari Market Letter
    Then Hemmings or Bring A Trailer
    and then, since you are on the East Coast, Gullwing Motor Cars in Astoria, NY. They pay quickly and more than Beverly Hills if you need to move it.

Sorry for your loss.

2cam and davem like this.
  13. thesmithsUK

thesmithsUK Karting

Sep 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Geoff Smith
  14. GLENN@TEAM AI

GLENN@TEAM AI Karting
    Sponsor

Jun 8, 2018
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    I will be shortly listing a very nice 84 Cab with 28k miles and most recent major service in 8/16. I am a Concours judge at FCA nationals and Cavallino and can honestly say this car could be platinum level with very little effort. Full books and tools and ask of 39.9k

15. aec

aec Karting

Jul 28, 2011
    Weston, MA
    1993 Mondial t with about 2,900 miles is presently on Copart. Says damage all over, but photos do not look like that. Based on VIN (ZFFRK33A6P0095697), it was sold about a year ago on BAT for $67,000. I wonder what happened to it for it to be salvaged? From the photos, it looks to be in excellent condition.

16. Drewbdo

Drewbdo Karting

Apr 8, 2016
    Atlanta, Georgia
    That 1993 red Mondi T VIN (ZFFRK33A6P0095697) is about 15 minutes away from me. I found it last Friday, and planned to go to look at it tomorrow. I'll try to get some photos and post them here, if anyone is interested. The Copart listing only has ten pictures, and none jump out as "all over damage".

Additionally, there is another red Mondi T (VIN: ZFFFK33A6L0087029) near Atlanta, a 1990 with 25k miles. It is currently listed on BAT.

No affiliation with either car.

paulchua likes this.
  17. greatscott73

greatscott73 Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2017
    Eastern Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Howard Scott
    The fact that the copart listing shows it as an "Enhanced" vehicle is a bit of a red flag. It means they dressed it up to make it look pretty in the photos, basically. I have seen this before, where they drop a pristine front clip over a front end that has been smashed to the firewall. The front bonnet doesn't look like it lines up or closes, the roof is only latched on one side, and the quarter windows and the rubber divider that separates them from the door window all apparently need attention. The fact that it neither runs nor drives also isn't good news. Probably major damage underneath. You don't earn a salvage title with a bumper scrape.

18. greatscott73

Sep 1, 2017
    Eastern Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Howard Scott

Buyer beware...

19. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Wow, hard to believe it's the same car. And there's less than 300 miles added since the BaT sale.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1992-ferrari-mondial-t-cabriolet-2/
    https://www.autobidmaster.com/en/carfinder-online-auto-auctions/lot/43168129/COPART_1993_FERRARI_MONDIAL_T_CERT_OF_TITLE-SALVAGE_CARTERSVILLE_GA/

paulchua likes this.
  20. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    I'm curious...Does it run and drive? Where is the damage?

paulchua likes this.
  21. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Oh wow, that's very sad. I am dying to know what accident caused the salvage title. I do find it interesting they were able to repair whatever damage caused the title designation, but didn't go ahead and repair the corner bumper damage.

22. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    I was wondering if it could be the result of a flood, but also figured that would be somewhere in the listing. Hard to tell from the blurry guage cluster pic, but also thought it could be mold, as such.

paulchua likes this.
  23. greatscott73

Sep 1, 2017
    Eastern Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Howard Scott

24. Drewbdo

Drewbdo Karting

Apr 8, 2016
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Run & drive condition is not provided. Damage appears to be the left rear bumper cover, and... at least in part, the center caps on each wheel. ;)

It is marked as "Enhanced", also known as a wash and vacuum. Maybe it had been sitting in a barn or someone's yard for months?

I would think flooding would have been divulged. I was wondering about the cluster photo as well... I thought that might be the camera flash on the plastic gauge cover, but not sure.

I plan to swing by tomorrow afternoon. Won't have long before they close, but maybe I can get some photos.

alexion likes this.
  25. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    Wow, that's sad. Poor car. And 2700 miles too.

Copart says:
    Primary Damage: ALL OVER

My guess is a flood.

paulchua and 2cam like this.