For Sale - 1999 550 Maranello - Award Winner! | FerrariChat

For Sale 1999 550 Maranello - Award Winner!

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by padriver, Sep 26, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. padriver

padriver Rookie

Jun 3, 2010
    Mohnton, PA
    Full Name:
    Rick
    This 1999 550 Maranello is priced below most of the competition, yet is a solid and very capable car dressed in Grigio Titanio over a Charcoal interior and is seriously for sale. I can’t believe I just said that. I was planning on keeping this car the rest of my life, but circumstances have changed and my life is leading me in a different direction. If you are a true driving enthusiast and not just a poser (or even if you are a poser), why would you pay a premium for a 550 Maranello with extra jewelry, super low mileage or expensive options when you can own and drive the same supercar as it was originally designed and drive it as it was meant to be driven, without worrying so much about depreciation or paying a premium for low mileage or all the expensive options some of the other 550’s have. After all, the real excitement comes when you’re behind the wheel of this very special car. Don’t let the low price fool you. This car is enthusiast owned and looks, runs and drives the same as any of the best low mileage 550 Maranellos out there. Maintenance and repairs have always been attended to promptly and it runs and drives perfectly. This is your chance to buy a well sorted super car at a very reasonable price. It is a chance for you to own a supercar you won’t be afraid to take out of the garage and drive. In fact, it begs to be driven. Compare it to any 550 Maranello on the market today. Although it’s not perfect, it stands tall. There are some very minor blemishes in various places due to the age and mileage, but this car has been loved and very well maintained since new, as noted by all the repair receipts since new and has only been serviced by known and respected Ferrari mechanics. As a Ferrari enthusiast since 1962 and this being my first Ferrari, I spent nearly 2 years searching and test driving a number of Ferraris until I finally bought this special car from Ferrari of Atlanta, where it was originally sold new and serviced its entire life with two other owners (before I bought it) and kept in very good condition and completely stock with 25,000 miles on it. I have loved this car and driven it 30,000 careful, yet blissful miles over the last 9 years and still kept it stock. Nearly all the miles I put on the car are from long pleasure drives on country roads. I enjoyed a spirited drive from time to time, but always did it responsibly and with the highest respect for people, animals, property and of course, the car itself. It still runs and drives and looks like the day I bought it, which I’m sure is very close to the day it sold new. The switches have been somewhat sticky (depending on humidity) since the day I bought it, but they aren’t that bad and they haven’t bothered me enough to fix them in the 9 years I’ve owned this vehicle. They also didn’t bother the Concours judges who scored it into winning two platinum awards and a gold award at recent Ferrari Club of America’s Reading Ferrari Concours d’Elegance events at the Reading Country Club in Reading, PA. And it was hand chosen by Pietro Castiglioni, former President of the Penn-Jersey Region FCA and founder of the FCA’s Reading Ferrari Concours d’Elegance to represent the modern front engine, 12 cylinder, 2 seat example of a Berlinetta/Sports Coupe of its era and to participate with a few other hand chosen Ferrari models behind the special roped off section at a recent ‘Ferrari As Art Exhibit’ in Barto, PA. It recently had a full major service at Scuderia Performante in Malvern, PA, including all belts, tensioner bearings, fluids, filters, spark plugs, sensors and everything else that goes into a true full major service, along with a new set of motor mounts and it won’t need another major service for at least 3 more years. Tires are approximately 50%, probably more. It has a known history since new with full documentation and comes with all books & tools, spare in a can, 2 sets of keys, 3 fobs, including the red one, a Ferrari flashlight, Ferrari keychain, Ferrari touch up paint, it’s complete unused full Ferrari car cover set and of course all maintenance receipts since new, including its window sticker and the Ferrari North America build sheet for this car. This is truly a great car for a great price! This kind of car in this condition and for this price doesn’t come along often. If you’ve ever thought about getting into a car of this magnitude, you won’t be disappointed. Step up. Get it before it’s gone. It’s a no-brainer. The car is located in southeastern PA. Inspections, PPI’s welcome. $96,000 OBO - ALL offers considered. Calls preferred @ 610-856-1111 - If I don’t answer leave message and I’ll call you back.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Bigilo, Thecadster, Todd308TR and 9 others like this.
  2. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    So the mileage is 50k ?

3. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Is the interior blue or grey?

4. padriver

padriver Rookie

Jun 3, 2010
    Mohnton, PA
    Full Name:
    Rick

absostone likes this.
  5. padriver

padriver Rookie

Jun 3, 2010
    Mohnton, PA
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Charcoal

absostone likes this.
  6. Mmckee

Mmckee Formula 3
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2016
    Alta Loma, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Great car, I wish I could, but I need to thin, not expand the fleet.

ScottS and absostone like this.
  7. padriver

padriver Rookie

Jun 3, 2010
    Mohnton, PA
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Thanks Mike - Let me know if you change your mind, it's a great car that could be had for a great price!

muk_yan_jong and absostone like this.
  8. robert344@verizon.net

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2015
    Full Name:
    robert
    Hey Rick,Great add !! Good Luck !

EnzoItaly likes this.
  9. padriver

padriver Rookie

Jun 3, 2010
    Mohnton, PA
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Thanks Robert! Nice to hear from you! Let me know if you're ever out this way and I'll show you some of the better roads we have. :D

10. padriver

padriver Rookie

Jun 3, 2010
    Mohnton, PA
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Ok, where are all the dreamers on this site that have said, “Oh, if I only bought a 550 a few years ago”, or, “How nice it would be to have a silver 550 parked next to my *** in my garage? Well, here’s a chance for a happy ending to that dream. Don’t hesitate to call or PM me with your questions or offers, no matter how low. You won’t offend me. This could be a great deal for you. No worries with this car. It just passed state inspection and had a fresh oil change at Scuderia Performante a couple of weeks ago. Better hurry, before I put more miles on it.

Mbutner, LightGuy and crinoid like this.
  11. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    Pm sent

12. harleys3

harleys3 Rookie

Still available?

13. padriver

padriver Rookie

Jun 3, 2010
    Mohnton, PA
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Yes it is

14. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Rick, I know you’ve probably given it a lot of thought but do yourself a favor and don’t sell it. Still have seller’s remorse after letting mine go. If at all possible tuck it away and bring it out in the Spring. After you drive it then and still want to sell it the market will be more favorable. The last thing I need right now is another car but yours has me tempted and I hate when that happens:)

15. ZINGARA 250GTL

ZINGARA 250GTL F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Considering how sloppy the weather in central PA is now, that's good advice.

16. padriver

padriver Rookie

Jun 3, 2010
    Mohnton, PA
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Thanks Ken for the kind advice. Believe me, I've struggled with this decision for a long time. I was going to (and should have) put it up for sale last spring, but I couldn't get myself to do it. If it doesn't sell soon, I may take it off the market. But it's currently my intent to sell it. It will be a great deal for someone. I do care about the car and would like to see it go to an Fchater/Ferrari enthusiast. Perhaps you. And yes, sellers remorse will be intense. I already have the symptoms.

17. padriver

padriver Rookie

Jun 3, 2010
    Mohnton, PA
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Sorry... I meant Thomas.

18. padriver

padriver Rookie

Jun 3, 2010
    Mohnton, PA
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Thanks Ken. The weather all around me has been sloppy, but where I am the weather has held in the mid 40's to low 50's and has been sunny with clouds for the most part recently. There hasn't been any real snow yet and the roads around me haven't been salted. Yesterday, I took the car out for an 18 mile run... just to keep it lubed. It performed beautifully. It puts a smile on my face every time. I just wanted to keep driving, but I'm trying to keep the miles off as much as possible for the Buyer. You know what they say about not having sex with your girlfriend... Oh never mind! ;)

19. padriver

padriver Rookie

Jun 3, 2010
    Mohnton, PA
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I forgot to mention that during my drive the other day, while I was stopped at a stop sign, a Porsche 911 and a Nissan GTR drove past that were obviously traveling together. I live in semi-rural area and there are few cars, so it’s somewhat rare to see those kinds of cars. Even though I’d never seen them before, they both waved at me and one of them revved his engine. Although it was never my intent to attract attention when I bought my car, I have to say that a part of me will miss the attention and respect my car gets every time I drive it.

Darren Donovan likes this.
  20. Rustyscrew

Rustyscrew Rookie

Dec 7, 2019
    Full Name:
    John Brower
    I love this beautiful automobile. I still have the model car of it from 20 years ago. GLWS

21. padriver

padriver Rookie

Jun 3, 2010
    Mohnton, PA
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Thanks John! I've got a model of my car also, so I can look at when I'm in my office. It sits at the top of a glass case of models of all my favorite Ferraris. Then there's the bookcase of Ferrari books....the framed pictures of Ferraris...etc. My wife just sighs and tries to understand.

dpw98 likes this.
  22. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    Someone should jump on this. I sold my 550 with 67k miles a couple of years ago. It was in better condition than most 20k examples much like your's, people should not shy from the higher miles. Often times the lower miles garage queens end up being the most trouble. Condition, condition, condition. GLWS.

23. adesalos

adesalos Karting

Mar 19, 2003
    Texas
    love the car... did the engine mount got replaced during the last major in September? i would consider this car as a big sis to the CS, but i am 4 months away from getting ready for it. GLWS!

24. padriver

padriver Rookie

Jun 3, 2010
    Mohnton, PA
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Those are wise words stardoc and absolutely true. Someone should jump on this. Other than the stickies that can be resolved, this car is a bargain and is as close to immaculate as a 21 year old car can be.

25. padriver

padriver Rookie

Jun 3, 2010
    Mohnton, PA
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Thanks adesalos. Yes, the motor mounts were replaced during the last major service. If you're at all interested in this car, you might want to step up your timeline as there as been a recent increase in activity and interest in this car. Otherwise, I wish you success in finding a similar one when you're ready.