355 - 18" Wheels for F355 | FerrariChat

355 18" Wheels for F355

Discussion in '348/355' started by jeffdavison, Sep 14, 2019.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    Hey guys... as of 2019, the number of manufacturers who make 18" wheels, let alone wheels with the necessary offsets for the F355 is surprisingly limited. I am looking for new rims for my '97. If anyone has aftermarket 18"ers on theirs, could you post some pics? I am definitely not interested in the Challenge or Challenge copies, nor am I interested in other Ferrari wheels that have been modded to fit. I've seen all of the HRE's, but am also looking elsewhere for ideas. So if you have some unique wheels, I'd love to see them! One thing also I've noticed is that the custom wheel manufacturers are quite proud ($$$$) of their offerings as I've seen costs as high as $3000 per corner. I'm trying to be as cost effective as possible but I will not skimp on a quality product, just don't want the new wheels to be the cost of a kitchen remodel. What have you guys?
    THANKS!!!

2. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    JoeTSI and jeffdavison like this.
  3. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Charlie Hawkins and jeffdavison like this.
  4. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    Charlie Hawkins likes this.
  5. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    What ever you get post them up.

6. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    what ever I get will have to be ordered, most likely, and that can take anywhere near 4 to 6 weeks and this thread will have been buried and probably forgotten by then. That' what happens to most non-current threads I'm afraid....

7. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Right correct but you get the wheels, you find this thread, you post the pics then it comes back up to the top?

8. jferrante

jferrante Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2016
    Just know that BCForged are made in Taiwan. I was leaning to go with them as well since they are cheap and look good but went with Rotiform since they have some great options and USA made.

9. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    #9 jeffdavison, Sep 15, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
    Country of manufacture is not an issue. $$3K+ for a set of wheels is not "cheap" IMO. Materials, quality control, certifications and warranty are what's important, not necessarily the "pedigree". I come from a manufacturing background and have sourced life support equipment that carried high liabilities if we got it wrong, from all over the globe. Rotiform has no style I like except maybe one that I could "just" tolerate, and it wasn't available in the two different widths (f & r) with the correct offsets the the F355 calls for. Have ruled them out a long while ago.

10. jferrante

jferrante Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2016
    Fair points won't argue manufacturer country, everyone can make their own call on that....but Rotiforn made custom offsets for me just FYI.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

11. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    That's why I'm asking for some pics ;)
    JD

12. tracktoys

tracktoys Rookie

Feb 5, 2017
    Wales UK
  13. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    judd10, The Outcast, J360M and 8 others like this.
  14. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    Thanks for the pics.. Some I haven't seen yet. Got a folder full. It's frustrating that there's a boat load of 19's out there, but very few different 18's. That's why I was originally asking for 18's that were not factory or Challenge..... I need to find examples of others in the field, so I can judge for myself if I like the fitment and style, not necessarily opinions on what is best. I get that, that we have our own preferences, but not the purpose of the original post.

15. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    THANKS!, Image is a good company. They produced the wheels I'm using on my Lancia Stratos replica. Another company in th U.K. is Compomotive.

16. Beetle

Beetle Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2013
    Simmons wheels in Australia make whatever you want with the selected wheel centre of your choice. 3 piece wheels. Very high quality and exceed most if not all ADR/DOT requirements.

17. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    Thanks, found and bookmarked their web page.

18. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    #22 jeffdavison, Sep 17, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    I've narrowed my choices down to a few, but at the moment (changes every couple of days) I think I'm going with a set of BC Forged RS45 in brushed bronze. I like the minimalist look and it's openness to show and cool the Stop Tech Trophy BBK I'll be installing (The new ones use electroless nickle plating on the calipers). The minimalist approach should draw more attention to the car than the wheels. The brushed bronzed should work well against the Red of the car. Who knows, I could change my mind by the time I go to bed tonight, but so far these have gotten my favor.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. Shurik355

Shurik355 Formula Junior

May 19, 2013
    USA Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Alex Velet
  20. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Just a thought, the RS42 spokes are a bit thicker than the RS45. They are clones of the HRE P47 and you can get varying dish options.
    They look great on 90's as well as newer cars shown below, they look great on red in a slightly darker silver.
    The RS45 are resemble Enkei's on an Integra with stickers all over it but to each their own, who knows it may look amazing.

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    [​IMG]