Auction Prices--1978-1980 | FerrariChat

Auction Prices--1978-1980

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by KenGoldman, Sep 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KenGoldman

KenGoldman Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 25, 2009
    MASS., USA
    Full Name:
    Kenneth Goldman
    Does anyone have the high auction prices for a Ferrari during the years 1978 through 1980??

These have to be auction results--private sales are not good.

Thanks for the help.

Ken Goldman

2. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    The answer might be in the Ferrari Market Letter published by Gerald Roush. I believe his wife still maintains the web site and they likely have those years in the archives for a price but you would have to ask if the numbers were from auctions or asking prices as they typically aggregated.

I just checked my old car value library of old books and didn't see any Ferrari auction values for those years. But you may want to check eBay, Barnes & Noble, etc. to see if there are any old books for sale (like NADA) publishing such info.

3. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Ken you will have a tough time finding any auction results from this period--there were very few collector car auctions in those days. The competition cars tended to trade privately from one collector to another, or through dealers. The collectible road cars from the Enzo era were with few exceptions just expensive used cars.

FML used an asking price index, I don't know when this was started. It is now published by Cathy Roush(daughter of Gerald and Carol) who is very helpful. Let us know what you find out.

KenGoldman likes this.
  4. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I do remember back in the early 80's I use to go to one across from Fashion Island, Newport Beach. It was a high end car auction.

KenGoldman likes this.