Mase Flash ECU Tune Group Buy | FerrariChat

Mase Flash ECU Tune Group Buy

Discussion in '612/599' started by MaseEngineering, May 21, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MaseEngineering

MaseEngineering Karting
    Sponsor

Oct 15, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Mase
    #1 MaseEngineering, May 21, 2019
    Last edited: May 21, 2019
    Hello all,

We’ve decided to do a group buy for the 599 and 612 owners for our ECU Flashes running concurrent with other Ferrari models. We have done several group buys for the 360 and F430 owners with great success and feedback. This time we are extending it to the other models. If you haven’t done so, do it, you won’t regret it! Below are the details of why we believe our ECU Flash is the best bang for the buck:

ECU Flashing

Many clients ask what does the ECU Flash actually achieve: besides the obvious increase of power, we enhance many different tables, one big one to note; the throttle maps to make the car more responsive. Clients’ feedback also tends to usually note how much smoother the engine and power delivery are. For those who track their car/drive it fairly aggressive, many report better fuel consumption figures as well. We customize the flash to your certain specs/fuel. Depending on the model we optimize dozens of tables that relate with fueling, ignition timing, cam timing, throttle tables, airflow modeling tables, torque tables, etc.

Each Ferrari model will have a certain hardware and software type. There are usually a handful of different software calibrations for each model. What model year, country/region of the globe will usually differ. We have seen almost every type of software type across Ferrari model platform. So, with every car we start with the factory calibration type and optimize it from there.

Ferrari Models we have experience with: 360, F430, 458, 488, 599, 612, FF, F12, (currently developing with new models as well)

Below are actual dyno charts of before and after an ECU flash done in house on our dyno:

599:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

612:

Who we are and why you should choose us

Simply put: Experience. We have extensive knowledge not only with the Ferrari models, but across the spectrum of sports cars. We have been calibrating engines for over 16 years now. We do all programming in-house, and all is developed on our all wheel drive Dyno Dynamics chassis dynamometer. We have thousands of clients running our flashes/tunes in street and race cars across the globe.

Motorsports also are a big part of the business. We have worked with many race teams across IMSA and Pirelli World challenge professional road racing series. I personally have been an engineer working amongst the pro ranks since 2010. I have also been involved with SCCA, NASA, PCA and other club racing series. In a sport where reliability is crucial, as well as finding the last tenth of a second of potential can make or break your race weekend. I am also a Ferrari owner so I have a soft spot for the brand being an owner and enthusiast.

We thrive on customer experience and feedback. We work extremely hard to make sure every single client is happy and enjoying our services.

How it works

When you place the order for the ECU Flash on our website (www.Maseflash.com), you will be emailed back with an instruction guide on how the process works. The 599 and 612 models we need the ECUs at our facility and we supply documentation to uninstall/install the ECU. We also supply a sheet to fill out (specs of your specific car) to include back to us when you package up the ECUs . From there when we receive the shipment, we will customize the tune to your requirements, flash them and return them back to you promptly.

We often have clients who ship or drive their cars to our facility in Florida who want a more custom tune on our chassis dyno as another option.

Pricing

We are offering a Group Buy / Sale on all of our ECU Flashes for the Ferrari models. We are extending a 10% discount on any ECU Flash.

The 599 and 612 ECU flash normally is $1495, discounted to $1345.50.

https://maseflash.com/discount/Spring19Discount?redirect=/collections/ferrari is the direct link that will automatically add the discount.

You can also email us for further help with the purchase.

FAQ

How much will the flash increase the performance of my vehicle?

Results will vary. We are very realistic when it comes to publishing actual gains. Every dyno reads differently. We only publish results based on actual gains derived from many hours of proper testing. Don’t always trust what you read on the internet.

How do you customize the tune for my vehicle?

We take in account modifications, if any, what octane fuel you are running, geographical parameters, and any specific requirements you request. Changes in header/cat/exhaust configurations can sometimes warrant specific changes in the tune. IE. race cars that don't have catalytic converters can benefit from different fueling ratios/ignition timing that may differ from stock component vehicles.

Why does the cost vary based on Ferrari model?

With the exception of the 488 and other Ferrari turbo models, most late model Ferraris have two ECUs. The ECU type varies based on what model. Some ECUs are easier to work with than others. Turbo motor ECUs are often more complex and there is more coding involved.

Will this harm my engine or reduce the engine reliability?

No, we simply don’t put the engine in harm’s way. Like many manufactures, the Ferrari engines are very conservatively tuned from the factory. We don’t release anything that has not been tested extensively.

Can you disable that annoying check engine light?

Many people have been discussing disabling the check engine light in many threads. Due to government/EPA restrictions I can only disable CELs/DTCs for off road purpose only, such as track/race cars. Being a public forum, I would not like to get involved more in depth due to obvious reasons. For more specific help regarding troubleshooting a check engine light, please email us or send us a private message and we can further discuss.

Is the ECU Flash permanent?

No, it can be flashed back to 100% OEM at any time. We back up the original calibration files to every car we tune.

Can you flash other types of cars?

Absolutely, we tune many different makes and models. Please contact us directly for further information.

We look forward to working with many of you, and as always, please let us know if anyone has any further questions. We will update this thread periodically as more questions arise.

Regards,

Steve

www.MaseFlash.com www.MaseEngineering.com

2. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Could be interesting. Can you flash F1 TCUs too?

3. MaseEngineering

MaseEngineering Karting
    Sponsor

Oct 15, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Mase
    I have not ventured down that avenue with the F1 TCUs unfortunately. If there was a big enough interest, there is a possibility however the development would necessitate a lot of man hours and resources.

The ECU flashing keeps us quite busy especially since there are such big gains made with the ECU tuning side of the business.

Makuono likes this.
  4. afwrench

afwrench Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2004
    NY
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hi guys,wanted to chime in and talk about the results of the re-flash I had done by Steve at Mase Engineering on my 599.The hot rodder in me just could not resist.Steve was very easy to work with and very fast. After putting the ECU's back in the car I tried to be as objective as possible but there was no doubt for me that the car felt different in a good way.Immediate and smooth response right off idle and improved feel of power in the lower gears,1,2,3,and 4.No CEL or any other negatives. Very satisfied with the result and I feel it has made a great car even better. Mike

5. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Do you track SN for cars that have been flashed? I would suspect my car has been done but not sure how I would tell.

6. MaseEngineering

MaseEngineering Karting
    Sponsor

Oct 15, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Mase
    Thanks Mike! I appreciate your kind words and glad you are enjoying your 599 even more now!

7. MaseEngineering

MaseEngineering Karting
    Sponsor

Oct 15, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Mase
    Typically we document each car we do flash. Usually by VIN or by Owner name. If you're in question if yours has been done, shoot me a message, happy to help.