Kudos to FoCNJ: Portofino test drive | FerrariChat

Kudos to FoCNJ: Portofino test drive

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by ClydeM, Aug 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    #1 ClydeM, Aug 24, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    Kudos to Brooke, Tony, Glenn, and Brandon for making today a memorable day.
    The wife & I headed down to Ferrari of Central NJ to check out the Portofino. The wife needs to replace an aging MB and I wanted to plant the seed :) Anyway,
    Registration, a quick walk through the showroom to see what they had,
    the two test drive cars
    Brandon squishing into the rear seat behind the wife (she's petite, but there's no way at 6'3" I'd fit) to coach the wife on driving the car
    down one of the back roads
    the engine (the heart & soul of Ferrari)
    then I saw the Jalpa by the Maserati showroom. It needed some love.
    and I thought let's just peruse the Masers and the wife fell in love with the Grand Turismo Sport shown.
    Major props to Glenn & Tony for allowing her to test drive the car from the floor - Metallic Black with a dark brown interior which was to be seen: gorgeous. The wife loved the car. Sadly, more than the Portofino
    Then back into the 355 to rt287 to Cherry Lane & other back roads to Black Horse Tavern in Mendham. Wonderful roads. A perfect day for driving them.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

djs308 and ttforcefed like this.
  2. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
  3. Dai Baracca

Dai Baracca Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    nice write up! Always had a soft spot for the Jalpa, no wing please and in black!

cmlf1 likes this.
  4. PhilB

PhilB Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2004
    NYC, USA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    That blue 488 spider with the red interior was stunning to see in person. I stood in the showroom staring at it from different angles for probably 15 minutes. Really a gorgeous car.

5. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Agreed. The wife loved it too which means I have hope :)