06885 for sale? | FerrariChat

06885 for sale?

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by amenasce, May 22, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Texas Forever and crinoid like this.
  2. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Look at the price. I’ve heard for a price like that it is for sale.

3. Prancing 12

Prancing 12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2004
    The long way home
    A lot of the PH cars have been not-so-quietly shopped by every broker in the world for months now, but I would agree with your doubts... Not the Comp. Not now. Not by "Damon_Jones".

crinoid likes this.
  4. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    Last years sale of the Collier/ Revs Collection Duesy SSJ shows that no matter what the story is, never assume something will never get sold. $110 million is never going to happen, even the best GTO is $60 - 80 million and it wont top that but even if $50 - 70 million, that is more than 99.9% of people will earn in a lifetime and would tempt most. Damon_Jones may be related to Greg Jones of Florida, well known as a prep agent for Bugatti & Ferrari that go to the Monterey auctions which are but three months away. Gooding & RM would be drooling at the prospect.

5. Prancing 12

Prancing 12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2004
    The long way home
    You misunderstood my post.

AFAIK, David Jones has no relation to that Greg Jones in FL, though both have impressive backgrounds / resumes.

Also AFAIK, the disposition of the 'regular' PH cars has proven to be a giant and regrettable pain in the rear for the family and they will eventually choose a more direct offering (i.e. major auction co @ a major venue) to sell the 275...

So unless he's pulled the coup of all coups, and the family has decided to instead use instagram as their preferred avenue of sale, I don't believe damon_jones is legitimately representing the car for sale at this point in time ;)

Timmmmmmmmmmy likes this.
  6. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    They should put it on BaT. The car doesn't need the muscle of the large auction houses, it will sell itself. Why throw away all that commission?

Texas Forever likes this.
  7. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    All good, no worries. Who knows what Damons connection to the 275 is, I see he is followed by GTO_Engineering and maybe its in their garage and he is just a fan boy, who knows. Anyway, watch this space I guess

8. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Ha, that would be the ultimate F.U to the high society establishment. I have a feeling Henn would approve of this method.

SCantera, Texas Forever and sixcarbs like this.
  9. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    They should sell it in the flea market. He would definitely approve like you say.

Texas Forever, merstheman and 375+ like this.
  10. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Even better!

11. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Now I finally figured out where those photos were taken. Shmee took a tour. The car is in the same spot on the same lift at Gunnar Racing as of this week.

That part at 8:36

The F399 looks to be chassis #193 based on him saying that particular car won at the 1999 San Marino GP. Although the sign in front of the car is wrong saying it finished 2nd at the French GP...it finished 5th that race. Brazil finish is correct at #2.

SCantera likes this.
  12. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    It is 193. Ex Kroymans.

Marcel Massini

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  13. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    Preston told me before he passed, that the 06885 was in a Trust and that his family could not sell it...... then he died, so I don't know. I have know Preston all my 56 years, and he and my dad were friend back in 1948, up here in the hills. Still an odd character....

BMW.SauberF1Team and 375+ like this.
  14. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    That's fantastic if true. The car is more likely to be seen in public staying with the rest of his cars than hidden in a collection elsewhere. That sounds like something I'd do lol...