348 - New YouTube Nonsense 348 25k major | Page 2 | FerrariChat

348 New YouTube Nonsense 348 25k major

Discussion in '348/355' started by dahveedem, Jul 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    Others will argue giving the 348 the benefit of the doubt would be appreciated.

I'm cool with what you're doing. it'll keep them cheap so I can get another one..

sjd

dahveedem likes this.
  2. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    Free country. Do what you want. My next engine out will be a video that is titled :"348 major service for $1,000"

BOKE, paulchua, c7matt and 6 others like this.
  3. dahveedem

dahveedem Formula 3

Mar 12, 2012
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    David
    But is that really a "major"?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

4. Jackie and bill

Jackie and bill Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2014
    GB
    Full Name:
    William
    True, its only thin box section.

5. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    INFLAMMATORY!!!! LIES!!! Everyone knows Daniel's kit is $1200.

sjd

6. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    Lock and swap!

sjd

7. dahveedem

dahveedem Formula 3

Mar 12, 2012
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    David
    Careful Ernie .. wait.. maybe you should youtube your major... at least it will be correct albeit with some stoopid Stooge nonsense and given we're dealing with your 348, I'm sure there's all sorts of things that will crop up... the goal is a 30k "major". Oh and none of this shortcuts you know about... we're like Howie, Cheatum, and How Attorneys at Kaw.

Will bill every second!

Lololololol

BOKE and ernie like this.
  8. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    You get more views with stupid stooge nonsense, I bet.

sjd

ernie likes this.
  9. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #34 Ferrarium, Jul 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
    This is awesome. It should be interesting. So the stage is set. It's all good fun and for the record I'm ALL for it but just predicting how this will unfold. People wont be able to help themselves.

It will all be followed up with attacks and venom and blaming. The makers will claim to be the victims of horrible fchatters before what will most likely be labeled a questionable service beore it's over. None of it matters.

It was stated the goal is eyeballs so actually not doing it correctly is implied. Like purposfully jacking the car wrong with an obvious incorrect cross member, it's not a Ferrari thing it's a common sense thing and then giving the middle finger while doing it. "I hope fchat notices".

Entertainment, that or incompetence and it was already stated entertainment and eyeballs. no way and marginally qualified mechanic would use that cross member. And if it was actually done with intent not knowing... well this will really be good then.

Perfectly technical and boring major videos do not generate clicks which is stated is the goal. So this will be filld with absurd man chatter and forced laughs and generally emulate a mornjng show zoo, it's what works.

So it's entertainment and revenue, thats the goal it's was stated the engine can throw a rod post service, who cares its basically disposable, it's was stated in other terms. Ok so what, we're all aware right?

So let us be entertained which includes horrid posts back and forth. It's actually the goal. I suspect we'll hear shortly how they actually care. Image Unavailable, Please Login
    [​IMG]

WATSON and BOKE like this.
  10. radlu

radlu Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2005
    Why were they given the parts for free? Kind of doesn't seem right, being that everyone else has to pay for parts.
    Hmm

11. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    The real question is, who's springing $50 for a hoodie...

Good lord.

BOKE likes this.
  12. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
  13. dahveedem

dahveedem Formula 3

Mar 12, 2012
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    David
    Not sure they were free but lots of vendors provide their wares for free for publicity. Heck, the company I work for provides millions of stuff free or heavily discounted.

It's the way business works. I have no gripes here with that one.

phrogs likes this.
  14. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Sponsorship. I noticed the Ricambi hats immediately and splash logo, makes sense all for it!

Reminds me I need to place a big order to replace parts that are not broken that Daniel smiles about. I have 3k in my shopping cart currently. See videos pay for them selves!

Onward!

Sent using FerrariChat.com mobile app

F1Spider, dahveedem and Pangea like this.
  15. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Whoa whoa whoa fellas!

Let's all just take it easy.

I made the comment about the cross member because the cross member on my car is also bent. Though I wasn't the one that bent it, came that way when I first bought the car. My point in saying that was that hopefully they would be a little more careful with the rest of the stuff, especially after the clip with a sawzall being used on an Aventador. But hey who am I to point fingers, I have done PLENTY of stooge nonsense with my car. The right tool for the job is the one that gets it done.

16. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    That has crossed my mind. Things is I understand the time and effort it takes to simply the job done in the first place. I probably tripled the time it takes documenting what I did with photos the last time, then it took me several hours a day, over multiple days to post it up here. To then do it again and put it up on YouTube? I can triple what I did the last time because I would need to do it all over but with video this time. Getting the correct shots, correct angles, lighting, narration, etcetera, etcetera, then comes all the editing, and re-editing, and finally uploading it. I dunno if I want to go through all that effort again.

In the mean time, I'll just sit back and watch this guy's videos on YouTube.

dahveedem likes this.
  17. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Loved your thread ernie. I'd watch these but I can only stomach it with the volume off, but of course the draw IS all the morning zoo dialog which then makes it useless with volume off as its lacking. pnicholsen's (sonordrum1000) I can watch all day though, got them all downloaded too.

ernie and Pangea like this.
  18. Culprit

Culprit Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 4, 2011
    Santa Ana, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian
    the video is now a headline on Jalopnik without any qualifiers:
    An Engine-Out Service on a Ferrari 348 Costs $25,000

As for the argument of "everyone else is posting inflammatory and click bait titles so I have to do it too", check out Harry's Garage or Regular Car Reviews - down to earth guys with a genuine passion for cars actually get subscribers and are regularly mentioned on Jalopnik as well.

imahorse, BOKE, kcabpilot and 2 others like this.
  19. dahveedem

dahveedem Formula 3

Mar 12, 2012
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    David
    Agree.... there are positive social media influencers and hacks..

20. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Post the VIN of the car, it will undoubtedly sell after its has served its use. Would be useful to track the cars sale and owner.

radlu likes this.
  21. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Everyone knows a 3478/355 major is 5-8K depending on whats done and who does it and less than 2K if you DIY? The world know this right?I knew that for 25 years before I got a 348. Finding other problems doing a major does not make the major more, the major is the major, incidentals like needing to remove heads to do valve seals or what not for a 355 for a hypothetical example is not part of a major, its incremental, it just means you found it a Major time.

22. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    The "banter" is so forced its like laugh track banter.
    Cut cut cut, Hey Bob lets try that segment again but this time when he fishes out the dropped nut with claws be more excited and amazed and really amp up how awesome it is that he got the nut, and Jim while you fishing it out, create drama as like your not sure if it can be done, feed off each other, and when it does come up both of you do the lion king type of thing where you hold up the infant thing, be amazed it happens, lets really create some drama here, pretend your commenting on football or something... and you two in the background add snarky color commentary and some double entente's... drop the nut back down... OK... 1,2,3 roll.

Culprit and JLF like this.
  23. QSA

QSA Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    Kingwood, TX
    Full Name:
    Quinn
    While I believe this and am glad your making the videos, there is a significant percentage of potential 348 owners who would never do a DIY major, or even change the battery. Throwing out a $25k number would discourage these potential buyers (just like a reported $8-9k major turns people off now.)

While I don’t think he consciously chose to drive his brand at the expense of hurting 348 values, I think the whole exercise will discourage more the encourage purchases; and completely due to avoiding “matter of fact” titles. See below:

This is ugly; especially the first paragraph. But no one expects much else from that site.

Normal Supercar Guy, just doa video where you buy my 348 for $75k and we can put this to bed... .

dahveedem likes this.
  24. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    First I got rid of tv and now I’m kinda getting to the point where even YouTube is getting old. Once the word got out that you can make money off of it everything changed. I find it difficult to watch a lot of car videos on YouTube now.

imahorse, vdettore, Culprit and 4 others like this.
  25. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    Chris Harris is another worth mentioning that has been able to build a valuable brand and drive views WITHOUT resorting to crap, click-bait tactics.

Agree 100%!!! However, this IS the same guy that was excited that the video of him being an a** to a local law enforcement officer surpassed 1M views. Apparently, he just doesn't care how bad something is as long as it drives views.