Alfa Romeo Giulia | Page 71 | FerrariChat

Alfa Romeo Giulia

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by TheMayor, Nov 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dai Baracca

Dai Baracca Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    it is my impression that loaners are really the function of the dealer itself.
    the 2 times I needed a loaner I was given a Ghibli. I have been told flat out by a local BMW dealer that loaners are reserved for people who purchased their cars from the dealer!??!
    I was given an Enterprise loaner by another BMW dealer who just plain ran out of loaners.....I'm VERY surprised that a high line dealer like yours would not give you a Ghibli as a loaner...not good at all. I hope the service is good though?? they fix things in a timely fashion and you don't go back for the same thing??

2. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

two years and 6k miles...my car is a beast and super sedan perfection.

3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
  4. futureowner

futureowner Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Brookfield, WI
    Full Name:
    Thad
    Love my '18 Giulia QV, absolutely, positively detest my dealer (International Alfa in Milwaukee). I knew it going in, they have been bad with my wife's X5 (on the service side). But I told myself that buying new from them, from the Alfa/Maserati side would change things.......the sales and the service side have been atrocious.

I'd expect this if I bought a $2K used car from some value lot, not a brand new QV. I could only hope they'd go out of business and be replaced by someone else.

5. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

Please expand on how it was atrocious?

6. mikelfrance

mikelfrance Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2014
    Dai Baracca and Boomhauer like this.
  7. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    It does not matter. It's more bad news for Alfa overall. All these people are frustrated and im sure wont come back. The local dealer also almost shut down a few months ago but was saved at last minute by a cash injection (Naperville).

I read the comments as an Alfa lover and i did agree with a few. The dealer network seems to be the weak link in the venture.

8. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    There are two dealerships here in the metro only 15 miles apart from each other. One of them is closing this month (thankfully not my dealer). They even have a new '18 Giulia QV for $61k ask.

9. mikelfrance

mikelfrance Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2014
    Do you know which one is closing and when? That's a hell of a deal on a QV!

10. Dragster

Dragster Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    I bought my 4C Spider from one of their dealers last fall. My purchase was smooth and easy, though I was buying from out of state and had the car shipped. The sales manager did comment about the number of 4Cs they had though. Considering that demand is very low for the 4C (my car sat unsold for nearly two years), that could explain some of their inventory woes.

11. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Findlay. Not sure -- I was at Towbin Alfa/Fiat last week and they told me they were being overrun with new service customers who could not get any appt with Findlay anymore. As I was there, several people came in w/o appts and the service guys were frantic to get everyone seen or booked for another day.

Honestly I was surprised that a metro of 2mm could support two Alfa dealers, and I guess it can't. But that should be good news for Towbin, since he was supposedly moving a fair amount of units. Their biggest problem right now is capacity, it's a small dealership and the service area is jammed with only four bays. Audi and BMW both recently expanded their service in the same neighborhood and have dozens of service bays.

12. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I have been looking around quite a bit for a Giulia Quad, and have seen them advertised as low as 25% off MSRP. FWIW, I just picked up a new 2018 Stelvio Quad $98K list for a little over $67k.
    I agree the dealers and service are worrying. Seems like their business is selling to people looking for a low lease payment and low drive off.

ryalex likes this.
  13. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Oh, no doubt - when two products are a 3-series/A4/C-class competitor and X3/Q3/GLK competitor, it's about getting young people to take them off the lot... and that's often a lease. F-chat aside, I know very few people under 35 who could drop a serious down payment towards a purchase. BMW and MB's entire business model seems to be to keep as many people as possible in $399-499/mo leases, perpetually.

14. futureowner

futureowner Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Brookfield, WI
    Full Name:
    Thad
    Apologies for not getting back sooner. I'm working with the dealership now and to be fair to them, seems the issue was/is limited to a person there. That being said I'm giving them the opportunity to rectify the situation and will give credit (positive or negative) once I have more information. So far I've been pleased.

15. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
  16. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    That dealer is smoking. You can get a low miles no story/not beaten QV for 45k.

17. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
  18. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    That’s more like it

19. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
  20. bbs911

bbs911 Formula Junior

May 31, 2007
    Dallas
    The new issue of Car and Driver absolutely barbeques this car. 40,000 miles and it spent 80 days out of commission. Such a shame because I really wanted a Stelvio QF. I went and test drove one 2 Saturday's ago and saw that issue of C&D right after the test drive. Unfortunately that, combined with the Alfa dealer for the Dallas area closing down, were nails in the coffin for a future Stelvio.

Agent Smith likes this.
  21. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    #1771 F1tommy, Aug 1, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2019

What a stupid title and typical garbage journalism to get people to read. I think they will not make it in the long term other than as a boutique brand but have another 5-10 years atleast left if not more. Alfa needs to get the top cars sorted better, especially the most expensive models. 95% is not good enough, and yes despite US journalists who were just dying to trash, they are 95% sorted.

Funny thing is Maserati is in a lot more trouble right now than Alfa due to very poor sales and problems with the cars.

Comparing Alfa and Lancia sales was pretty funny as the Lancia cars are much cheaper.

Boomhauer likes this.
  22. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Sorry Tommy but i think your heart is speaking. 40% drop when there is no financial crisis and when 2 of your models are not 3 years old is pretty bad. Even in Italy it got hammered. In the US it dropped 30% while the Stelvio is barely 2 years old. And what's next? they have nothing coming that can save the brand. A smaller SUV potentially..that will absolutely destroy the Stelvio sales. Everything that is new is coming in 2022 it seems. Will they survive until then?

Maserati is also in trouble. I cant believe they did not launch the Alfieri. That car is gorgeous. No one wants a Ghibli or 4p. They are outdated, slow, expensive, unreliable and not that good looking anymore.

Thelovelyrock18 and F1tommy like this.
  23. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    #1773 F1tommy, Aug 1, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    Well Maserati is working on a mid engine 6C mid engine car also. I think that and the Alfieri will be made and put into production but it took way to long. Also they are hurting in the bread and butter 4 door and SUV segment even worse than Alfa. They must improve or they will not survive. 6-10 year production runs are to long without a major refresh, and they need to offer much better lease rates or people will just buy a BMW or Audi or Mercedes. Pretenders will buy a Lexus or Infiniti instead. :)

Business as usual for the Italians needs to change or they will be gone in 10-15 years or just a boutique brand or brands. Although some European countries financially are not doing as well at the USA wich accounts for some of the European sales declines..

24. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I agree about the Alfieri. It's meant to be coming but will be too late.

I think FCA will keep the cars around for long enough to see 2022, even if it's not the smartest idea. Remember, they are pouring millions into an F1 program (even if mainly naming rights). Alfa is sticking around IMO.

What I can see happening is Alfa/Maserati/Lancia getting packaged up and sold off to another group, but that's another story...

25. MacGeek

MacGeek Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2007
    Torino, Italy
    At this time Alfa is working on the Giulia and Stelvio MCA, due in late 2020/early 2021 (while the MY20 for both is coming this fall), and on the Tonale, due in mid-2021.

Maserati is working on MCAs for Quattroporte, Ghibli and Levante, on a mid-engined, carbon tub sports car, on a D-segment SUV based on the Stelvio platform, and on the GranTurismo replacement. Quattroporte and Levante replacements are in the cards as well.