812 VS Rumors | Page 30 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. HyperMac954

HyperMac954 Karting

Jul 2, 2012
    Same here - delivered in April 19

2. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Strange that my F12 has the HELE harnesses and connectors according to the parts diagram yet there was no HELE at the time. This leads me to believe that its a software enabled feature so my guess is the delete function will come standard with new aftermarket re-flashing performance kits.

3. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    My Lusso V12 built September 2018 (2019 Model Year) has HELE always on at Start-Up but can be switched off until the next journey by pressing the button in the roof cluster.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  4. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Mine is the same way.

deltona and of2worlds like this.
  5. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    #730 Albert-LP, Jul 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
    I would bet about GTO suffix for the 812 VS. SF90 Stradale with gasoline particulate filters had a great sound when they came into the party tent for the official unveil, but I don't know if it was real or artificial.

I remember the stock sound of my 328 with the standard Muffler: like a washing machine!

Problem solved with a Tubistyle SS muffler…

ciao

6. Red Sled

Red Sled Formula Junior

I did some checking. Unfortunately, it appears that the ability to disable HELE changed during the August factory break in 2018. Both the factory and the dealer are understandably tight lipped about whether there is a way to circumvent it. Sorry to be the bearer of unhelpful news.

Bundy, of2worlds and Thecadster like this.
  7. F12JAJ

F12JAJ Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    California
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I guess my 812 that’s about 2 weeks away will b further indication of whether this horrible feature can be circumvented somehow. I hate it on ANY car, but on a Ferrari it’s a travesty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bundy, of2worlds and Solid State like this.
  8. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    You just turn it off at the start of each trip.
    It is a bit like a pre flight check now.
    Auto off,HELE off,OK to display unit,Race on now drive.

9. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Ditto here

10. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Yeah, but on an airplane, the pre-flight check actually serves a useful purpose.

Don’t even get me started on all the maddening beeps from reverse, parking sensors, seat belts, etc. I’m so happy that I skipped the parking sensors and cameras on the incoming Pista.

11. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    So I ordered all that ugly crap on the front and even though it was still Red 10 a few months ago, my dealer said that they could not delete it when I changed my mind.

12. F12JAJ

F12JAJ Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    California
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Once it goes 10 Red no changes. I was warned about that by my dealer as well.

Caeruleus11 and j09333 like this.
  13. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    Red 10 means Ferrari sends purchase order for the parts to supplyers for your car before assembly. Thats my understanding so no change what so ever.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

14. Art_collector

Art_collector Karting

Jul 13, 2019
    #739 Art_collector, Jul 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    We are very close to the unveiling (at the factory) of the 812 “Spider”. The are started to invited people.

15. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Meant Green 10

16. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Correct

JagShergill likes this.
  17. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    True in Francel, very beginning of September as announced in this forum.

18. Art_collector

Art_collector Karting

Jul 13, 2019
    7 september will be the date! I’m not sure if there will be more days but I’m invited for this one.

19. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Here's something for all you GPF obsessives !

Autocar talking about the Aston Martin Valkyrie's Cosworth V12:

The engine also uses port fuel injection rather than direct injection, allowing it to meet emissions standards without the need to use heavy gasoline particulate filters.

20. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    #745 Eilig, Jul 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    Yes it is true PFI produces less soot than GDI, thus rendering GPF unnecessary in most cases. The problem is that with PFI the fuel is not metered same as GDI, and combustion chambers don't get as much cooling effect as with extreme high pressure (and better atomized) spray of GDI, meaning Ferrari would have to completely re-design engine to accommodate PFI, as it would likely require a reduction in compression ratio, modified ignition, modified ports, and various other performance-compromising adjustments. For an engine designed from scratch for PFI, as with this Cosworth, it's no problem. Also note, as fuel as not metered as precisely in PFI as with GDI, fuel economy is reduced - in performance engines, quite significantly. And also requires a richer tune, which actually increases other emissions such as Hydrocarbons, Carbon Monoxide, and Nitrogen. Net, there is no "easy" answer or magic bullet. Every injection type has its pluses and minuses.

21. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    But this thread is about the VS, not the Spider...

22. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Maybe he's not giving it the full beans, but at first glance it doesn't seem to have nearly the sound of an FXX K, for example:

23. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Not to be a negative nancy but the EU requires speed limiters on 2022 onwards models. For me this, this plus other useless driver aids eg. Emergency braking, make ordering a new F car now massively unappealing. I doubt it will be possible to disable these things.

Are others (in the EU) not discouraged from ordering by this?

24. nycbrose

nycbrose Karting

Aug 11, 2014
    Pacific Northwest
    #749 nycbrose, Jul 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    I still think there's meaningful revenue to be had if Ferrari allowed dealers in ex-EU countries to officially remove EU nannies. I know I certainly would pay for it. Additionally, I'd also pay for a "US spec" car which if enough people opt for may offset the cost of creating assembly line variations.

I'm not from Europe but I feel your pain...

25. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Simple software "disable" and would take a minute to do. Ferrari are nuts if they make a global decision on the EU 'nannies" IMO

of2worlds likes this.