NASCAR 2019 | Page 9 | FerrariChat

NASCAR 2019

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Enzojr, Feb 10, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Um . . . SCCA, sir and/or madam?

*snicker*

aaaaand

*run*

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. #202 lorenzobandini, Jul 3, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  3. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I meant current series, but I guess it was a bit too implied.

Trans Am GT is the closest to an actual production car, and they get like 6 entries per race.

4. I figgered that but......

Anywho, my present day entry is (sorta jokingly, more so seriously...) the old ChumpCar, now ChampCar: https://champcar.org/mainweb/rules/

:)

GuyIncognito likes this.
  5. #205 lorenzobandini, Jul 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
  6. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    I attended a TransAm race at Sebring back in 2015 as a guest of Simon Gregg.

There were over 80 cars entered in the main event. Now, I remember when there were 80+ car entires
    in the 12 Hours but that's was back when it was a real man's course at 5.2. miles and out on the runways.

But, Sebring ain't 5.2 miles any more and I started thinking how they were going to pull this off. In short,
    they didn't. It was a caution filled snooze fest, too many cars spread across three different classes on
    a 3.8 mile circuit, it didn't add up.

What's happened to the TransAm entry since then?

BHW

7. #207 lorenzobandini, Jul 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
    Actually since before then, but, simply put...........Pffffftttttt....... :(

From the new iteration's (not a shadow of it's old, real, self) site:
    "Trans Am Series was shuttered by SCCA Pro Racing following the 2006 season. At the time, it marked the end of the road, despite an impressive run of 41 years of continuous operation."

http://gotransam.com/about/
    http://gotransam.com/about/Our-History/59342
    2015 race for ya'.... http://gotransam.com/events/Foametix-Trans-Am-100/6847

8. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Has the 400 been pushed to tomorrow?

9. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Yes 1pm Eastern.

I was at Cape Canaveral today and it was raining like crazy North of us and all over Central FL.

10. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Thanks.

I wish we'd get some rain in the panhandle.

11. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    tomorrow's forecast for Daytona is 40-60% chance of scattered thunderstorms from 9a-7p

12. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    So
    Fords are going to work with Fords.....
    Chevys are going to work with Chevys.....
    ....and Toyota’s working with Toyota’s ......
    Let’s see how that pans out in the last 25 laps ;)
    What could possibly go wrong ?

13. BubblesQuah

BubblesQuah F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Charlotte
    Wow. Channel flipping and cant cant believe how empty the stands are at Daytona. Its pretty obvious they are avoiding showing the stands on TV.

GuyIncognito likes this.
  14. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Ran across the Infinity Series race at Chicago last week and there was literally no one there.

Sitting in the grandstands in Daytonner all day on a day like today? That track holds the heat, its got
    to be gawd awful miserable hot up there today.

On the other hand...

BHW

Attached Files:

15. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    You sure you weren't looking at the stands during one of the weather delays? They've emptied that stands at least twice due to lightning in the vicinity.

16. BubblesQuah

BubblesQuah F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Charlotte
    I'm sure. The race was running. I watched most of segment 2 and until the big one in segment 3.

17. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
  18. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    That entire race was a joke with the manufactures trying to dictate the race.

19. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Discord between the teams and NASCAR hierarchy?

Say it ain't so!

NASCAR has been pushing the teams around for years now and if they dare step out of line
    then that's a finin & suspendin'.

No less than Penske and Ganassi have stated openly that Indy Car's business plan and cost
    containment make it a far more desirable series to be in now.

BHW

20. 'Didn't read the article yet....NASCAR instructed him to pit??? :confused: And told what's-his-name (the new kid) to stay out? o_O That's a new one to me.... :rolleyes:

'Not a NASCAR fan by any means, but.....sheet happens. Teams' decisions are now NASCAR's fault?

21. Now, having read the article, did the author know that lightning hit within the 8 mile radius during the lights out lap which was the decider? Shall we now blame GOD? :(

Again, sheet happens. ;)

GuyIncognito likes this.
  22. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    according to the Frances, God is a NASCAR fan, so seems unlikely :p

23. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    #223 BartonWorkman, Jul 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
    LOL, I like that!

NASCAR's practice of manipulating races from a locked room high above the tracks has been
    well known for many years now, welcome to 1984 gentlemen.

They figure right down to the last minute which driver gets the melancholy win that goes
    along with whatever best fits their convoluted narrative on any particular weekend.

Check out a competing car. There are radio antennas which we know are for driver to
    pit communications which anyone with a handheld scanner can pick up on.

But, there is also a fatter rubber antenna on (or now in) the cars and since we know NASCAR
    does not allow telemetry can only suggest that it is also a radio antenna, the type of which
    operates on a split frequency and cannot be picked off by scanners. Whom might be speaking
    on these split frequencies?

Sorry to have missed the end of the race. I looked in near the end of Stage 2 to see what
    was happening and then went on to something else imaging how hot it was up there yesterday.

PS: Jeff Burton now in the running for most annoying commentator voice, running neck & neck
    with Larry McReynolds.

BHW

24. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I have no trouble with NASCAR deciding not to throw the green, after indicating one to go, because of the lightning strike. But because they were forced to change their mind, the standings should have reverted to the lap before, which would have put Kyle back in first and, subsequently, in victory lane.

25. Alas, 'sounds wonderful....except.....
    What if they had gone green and all was as it was, but two laps on another strike, red and then same end of race. Would you then say it needs to be rewound 3, 4, 5 or how many laps? To get the results you want? :p

Busch pitted, which woulda been great strategy, but it didn't pan out. He got unlucky, Haley got lucky. Sheet happens in racin' as in life. It was what it was and that's sho' 'nuff as it is... ;)

P.S. -
    No, no, no. Ya got it all wrong, son. God didn't do it 'cause he's not a NASCAR fan anymore (like many)....and doesn't give a rats behind what the results are. :D