Which SHOES Are You Wearing Today? | Page 36 | FerrariChat

Which SHOES Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by Stephanie, May 17, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Once you figure out how their shoes are sized (I think they run a little narrow) almost everybody I know who has them says the same thing.

2. BubblesQuah

BubblesQuah F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Charlotte
    A few more picture. I took a closer look, the side of the soles on these looked jacked up too - or maybe they are fine - what do you think? The picture of the inside heel is hard to see, but the layers are not flush with each other at all. Maybe just handmade charm?

I didn't call, im just going to drop by the local store tomorrow..

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Nope. Nowhere close. Sorry you got a bad pair your first try. A lot of guys here like them. Try them again.

NbyNW likes this.
  4. BubblesQuah

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Charlotte
    **** happens. I'm certain this isn't the norm. I'll let you know what the store says... :D

ronfrohock and NbyNW like this.
  5. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I’ve bought them online and in their local store. In the store they are perfectly accommodating so confident all will work out.
    And great looking shoe, sorry about the hassle.

TexasF355F1 likes this.
  6. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Funny how you want a guy to have a good experience with a company you have good experiences with and makes you feel bad when he doesn’t.

ronfrohock and TexasF355F1 like this.
  7. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Guess we hope when **** happens to us after good experiences they will make it right. And some type of responsibility with all the pics and comments. Peer pressure, right?

dstacy likes this.
  8. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

9. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    I’m anxious to hear what the store says. If I didn’t know he bought them direct, I would be thinking they were counterfeit.
    I have fourteen pair of AE’s and I have never seen this problem. I love their product.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

10. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Amateur :D

ronfrohock likes this.
  11. BubblesQuah

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Charlotte
    Bwahaha. Ok...

The woman at the store, who was super nice and helpful, pull the shoes out of the box and asked me if I was talking about "this white stuff". I said yes. She said that was they way they are supposed to be. That the Whitney line is "distressed". Lol. I didn't know what to say other than I didn't remember seeing anything about that in the description and certainly not apparent in the pictures. She didn't hesitate to tell me she'd be happy to have then ship me another pair, and if I didn't like those I could just get a refund or a credit.

Let's see how distressed the next pair look. Lol. Maybe it's like fine wine? :D

Oh and a customer at the counter said he had the same problem when he got his first pair that he didn't know were distressed.

ronfrohock likes this.
  12. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    Glad to know AE stepped up .

13. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Try a pair of Strands, or Fifth Ave’s for a little more conservative look, or a pair of Park Ave’s for ultra class (Regan wore a pair to his inauguration).

Face76 likes this.
  14. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    I don't know how shoes are made, but I will throw in my .02. Looks like OD shape final finished by a belt grinder ran at too high of an rpm. (or worn out belt and too much push) Melting instead of grinding.

15. BubblesQuah

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Charlotte
    You guys think the "distressed" info is accurate?

Nothing mentioned here about that, and the pictures don't appear to show any such thing as far as I can tell.

https://www.allenedmonds.com/outlet/clearance/shoes/whitney-wingtip-dress-shoe/SF6719.html?dwvar_SF6719_color=6719#prefn1=refinementColor&prefn2=size&prefv1=Blue%7CBlack&prefv2=11&start=1

16. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    No I don’t.

17. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    I didn’t know you had the Whitney. I have three pair and none of them are distressed.

18. BubblesQuah

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Charlotte
    Awesome. I didn't really push that point since she was already offering to replace them. I didn't think it made much sense for her to replace them with another pair that would look similar (according to her). Thanks for the help, and sorry for the thread drift.

19. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    ryalex, tomc, tikitiki and 1 other person like this.
  20. BubblesQuah

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Charlotte
    I'm back! :D

My replacement Whitney's came today.

The uppers are night and day different. No "distressing". Just pure solid black as I expected. Not sure what the woman at the store was talking about.

However, I'm now questioning the soles (and the sides of the soles). Here are a few pics comparing the 2 shoes that came today. As you can see the one is missing black on part of the side. The stitching on one of the soles starts and stops many times (there is are similar knots on the top side), and on one the small rubber piece on the heel has a gap and isn't flush.

Am I being picky or does any of that matter? I'm sure I can fix the missing black. Maybe I'd be more picky if I paid $300+ instead of $102. :)

They look much better than the last pair.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. BubblesQuah

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Charlotte
    NbyNW likes this.
  22. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name: