Need help picking a used F12 | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Need help picking a used F12

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by sl55, Jun 3, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sl55

sl55 Karting

Dec 26, 2009
    Scottsdale AZ
    Not interested in out of the country car. The cost of the car will only be interest payment and difference between purchase and sell price over a period of time. In this case I actually don't think it will be that bad. While shopping for the car I may have been too pessimistic on the exit, also when I tried to get a better price for other cars/dealers I realized even the 215 was tough to get to.
    Finally this particular car was a one owner car (from a customer whom ordered 3 new Ferrari-- Baller status) and from the interior close up shots in very very excellent condition.
    Now trying to finalize paperwork today so they can overnight to me and I can overnight back... Shooting for a Saturday transport pick up.

R J, of2worlds, DRYHOLE and 1 other person like this.
  2. Junaid10a

Junaid10a Rookie

Apr 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    Junaid Iqbal
    Sounds awesome man. Any mods or such planned for the car?
    Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. sl55

sl55 Karting

Dec 26, 2009
    Scottsdale AZ
    Absolutely not! :)

I was into time trial when younger and would "modify" My Subaru to the point it became a dedicated race car (steering rack-engine/turbo-cage- slick etc) and I understand the downside of aftermarket mods.

To me there is a reason a billion dollar car maker can do better then a 5M tune shop.

You see it all the time, some dyno results but yet the car is not faster maybe even slower (not all peak power) etc. longevity of the part etc.

This car will stay the way it was designed to but I will make sure to get the paint in a perfect condition (I use to do paint correction to pay for my racing!) and that the car look perfect, the day it gets here. Well maybe I will drive it for a couple of days first

Junaid10a likes this.
  4. Junaid10a

Junaid10a Rookie

Apr 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    Junaid Iqbal
    Good point! Enjoy the car in good health bro

5. sl55

sl55 Karting

Dec 26, 2009
    Scottsdale AZ
    Off topic question: do you guys use collector insurance or regular insurance?

I got a quote from a collection insurance that i used in the past for 4600 with 1000 deductible and 200k value

Seems too high

I asked them to require with higher deductible

6. Junaid10a

Junaid10a Rookie

Apr 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    Junaid Iqbal
    Dude go for the blue interior. Life's too short to be driving around in an F12 with a black interior. Anything but a black interior

Garretto likes this.
  7. Junaid10a

Junaid10a Rookie

Apr 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    Junaid Iqbal
    Exactly. At the end of the day, it's all about getting the car that makes you happy. Resale is a very important aspect to always be considered, but never should it compromise the experience of owning one of these.

8. sl55

sl55 Karting

Dec 26, 2009
    Scottsdale AZ
    The car (Grigio S w/ beige interior) should be here next Saturday (so long...)

Tonight instead of a bed time story, my 4 and 8 years old boys and I watched Chris Harris F12 video. :)

My wife comes in, "what are you guys doing"

me: "Shhhh. Watching a F12 video"

My youngest: "I am going to get the first ride in it, next Saturday"

My Wife: " you really bought a new car?"

Me: "yes"

LOL

3POINT8, R J and Thecadster like this.
  9. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    I seem to have those conversations in my house a lot too :)

3POINT8 likes this.
  10. richard_wallace

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    I do normal insurance through Chubb, I did a bit more 260K insurance, I also do higher Deductible - I think I do 5K or maybe it is 2500 (I do not remember, but there is a pretty big drop on the higher deductible, as anything under 5K is likely minor and would pay out of my pocket. I think I pay 2800 per year iirc. Has towing, and other roadside stuff as well... But Ohio is somewhat cheap.

Also, I would recommend Hagerty, Chubb or Firemans Fund. Never had a car claim, but did have a house claim with Chubb. Top notch, no questions asked - to make it right. No haggle, no cutting corners on the repair that I had to do on my house due to some significant storm damage. My neighbor (also had similar damage) had one of the standard insurers. What a nightmare he had, years later still complaining about the situation and pain he went through (never to complete resolution - and he switched over to Firemans just after.

11. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    If the car comes with Pirelli tyres on it, especially if they are a few years old, treat yourself to a set of MPSS tyres. Night and day difference all across the board.

Congrats on your new ride :)

12. DaveMc

DaveMc Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2012
    Palm Coast, Florida
    I have State Farm. $1,806 per year.
    $2,000 deductible for collision.

13. sl55

sl55 Karting

Dec 26, 2009
    Scottsdale AZ
    I am having them re-quote with 5000 deductible- Same reason as Richard mentioned. Should hear back today.

14. sl55

sl55 Karting

Dec 26, 2009
    Scottsdale AZ
    the car has the Michelin tires on

15. sl55

sl55 Karting

Dec 26, 2009
    Scottsdale AZ
    OK SO all of the paperwork are on the way back to the dealer.

Heacock classic got me a solid insurance for just under 3K.

Unfortunately the truck won't be here before Saturday...

Now right now my other car is a S63 cab -- The lease is almost (6 month) done.

I am starting to look for its replacement, and the car needs to be a convertible, and reliable:

Rolls Dawn or 991.2 turbo cab?

Any other suggestion?

16. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    I'm in for a Dawn if you find two, I heard from another poster that Rolls are being discounted heavily

17. sl55

sl55 Karting

Dec 26, 2009
    Scottsdale AZ
    Yes but a new one is a bit much, I would do used with a loan.

18. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    something to keep in mind though, if we can get X k$ off a new one, and the used one is "only" X k$ off, might as well go new, right?

I've been stalking lease hacker and what not, seems like there are "good" deals to be had on a used rolls as well

19. blkfxstc

blkfxstc Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2016
    TX
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Please let me know your feedback on the F12 after you get it, I have a S63 Sedan and am thinking about selling for a F12. Thanks-

20. sl55

sl55 Karting

Dec 26, 2009
    Scottsdale AZ
    Well I can already tell you that I personally would not "only" own an F12. Not sure what other cars you have. But for example an F12 with a S550sedan would be a great combo. But you would be missing a cab

21. blkfxstc

blkfxstc Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2016
    TX
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I have other cars, the F12 would be a weekender only like the S63. I'm interested in the driving dynamic between the two, and if it is worth the cash outlay to get there (the F12 is 4X what my S63 is worth). Thanks-

22. sl55

sl55 Karting

Dec 26, 2009
    Scottsdale AZ
    The cars have nothing to do. not even comparable. To me the S63 doesn't tick the weekend / Fun car box at all.

It is a daily driver with a bit of sportiness to it.

I love Mercedes they work hard to give you a very detached driving experience, one of the most relaxing drive ever, an dit is great. Ferrari is the opposite in that regard, it makes the drive as involved/emotional as possible.

23. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    If u have chubb get a quote from pure. Well worth the effort

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. sl55

sl55 Karting

Dec 26, 2009
    Scottsdale AZ
    Can someone recommend a transport company?

My broker is not delivering, the delivery date is now next Monday... For Atlanta to Scottsdale

I am looking at another option

25. richard_wallace

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    I have had 2 S63's as my DD's, the F12 is about as far away as you can imagine from the S63 (or any AMG product) except maybe the SLR. It is such a different car in all ways good and sporty. It is so different it is difficult to write.