Stoogefest 2019 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Stoogefest 2019

Discussion in '348/355' started by vvassallo, Apr 30, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Bring it!

The Bushmobile should be in attendance too. It needs to have the window system gone through for exceedingly slow windows. We need to Stooge that. Who is the Stooge window master. I'm a bit pressed for time to do the research. I guess we will be looking at the door pins, fusebox relays and maybe have to take the power for the windows off the fusebox and more direct wiring using the fuse box stuff as the switch? What say all you window fixers?

2. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee

Seems to be accurate 110% that was brought up also LOL

3. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    ernie and Surfari like this.
  4. fatbillybob

Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
  5. plugzit

plugzit F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Bruce Bogart
    For windows:
    Bring 2 new 4pin relays, 3 colors of 16 or 18ga wire, female spade terminals, butt connectors, 3 small ring terminals.
    Also order and bring some new plastic fastener thingies for door panels. You'll need a dozen or so.

6. Surfari

Surfari Karting

Nov 4, 2016
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Luke
    Do any of you happen to have a spare set of coil-packs laying around? My car developed a nasty misfire this AM (ran perfectly right until it didn't). I leave for Asia at the end of the week so was going to hail mary swap a few parts to narrow it down before I left. PM me if you don't want to hijack this thread! Thanks!

7. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    Wow guys, things are shaping up. Yeah, my windows were slow too, but we (Bruce) just worked on the wiring in the door. I wanted to do the relay thing, but seems it's not necessary now. The relay trick transfers the window motors from a switchable ground to having their own - as I recall. Speeds them up.

Oil changes welcome (use your favorite brand) - bring 10 liters for a 348, 9 for a 355 and an oil filter from Ricambi (check to see if Bruce has any first). Also, please bring some containers for your waste oil (you can drop them off at most auto parts stores on the way home). Same for transmission oil changes, but you only need 4 liters of that and Redline works best.

We will not be doing fuel filter replacements here because I am sure one of you Stooges will set the garage on fire and it's already iffy with the frying turkeys. ;) Note: Bring turkeys, but please let me know first how many are coming so I can stage the event and pre-notify the authorities.

Great to have TIm coming, but I think I'll see him on the 2nd at the FCA event.

Wil miss you guys who cannot make the date. Hopefully Ketel will be here to pass on the trophy.

8. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    This will be one of the very few times I cannot make it. I have a family wedding on that date in Texas. Have fun and if the garage catches fire, there is a lot of water in that swimming pool to put out the fire.

9. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    So sad Mitchell. :(

10. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    No Mitchell? There go the odds. The line was 50/50 that his car would break down along the way again and he would be flat bedded in to claim his Stooge award. Then ride off into the sunset with Kettel ala Midnight Cowboy style. (I have the photos from before)

Toonfosi and vvassallo like this.
  11. calder1

calder1 F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 26, 2006
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Count me in guys , I’ll be back from my hiatus in Italy . Vince please send me your address as it’s been a while since I was there .

Bertil and SoCal1 like this.
  12. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    I am never gonna live that down.

TrojanFan likes this.
  13. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Nope. Unless someone tops you.

14. fatbillybob

Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    are the relays to get the power off the fusebox and get power from battery for more juice to the windows? My guess is yes...

15. want2BSchumi

want2BSchumi Karting

May 22, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Russ
    It's been a while, but happy to say I'm in for Stoogefest 2019! Just got the engine back in a couple months a couple months ago, so no work needed. Happy to lend a hand or tools for whatever the group needs. Will also bring whatever food/beer is still needed.

Vince, I assume you haven't moved since 2012 (the last time i was at your place for a stoogefest)?

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

16. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    Same address everyone. Don't worry Mitchell, if we can get Ketel to come, he's almost a shoe-in for some calamity!

17. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
  18. plugzit

plugzit F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Bruce Bogart
    IF I remember correctly, and there's no guarantee of that, the purpose of the relay is to provide a good GROUND for the window motor. I'll bring the schematic with me.

19. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    See you all in a couple of weeks. Saw Vince and Tim yesterday that the FCA picnic. The rest of you Stooges ought to join. At least one Stooge on the Board now (me). Trying for some others. Soon we will be running the place.

20. fatbillybob

Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Something came up so I will be there towards 1:30pm

21. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee

That would not be good LOL, does need a few new ideas to freshen it up

22. gobble

gobble Formula 3
    Owner Regional Sponsor

Jan 29, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Ferrarifobs.com
    I mentioned to Peter that I would come and work on fobs/immobilizers if there was any interest and he suggested I offer that in this thread. I'd do it if I can just cover my travel costs.

23. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    I need an attendance estimate. So far I get maybe 20-25 of us. So far I have me and Peter bringing turkeys. Anyone else? FBB? Jeff?
    Me
    Barb
    Bruce
    Peter
    FBB
    Craig
    Larry T
    Tom
    Gail
    Tim
    Radda?
    Russ
    Chad
    Chad C
    Jeff
    Ian
    Ketel?
    Shawn
    Derek
    Andrew
    Charles
    Maybe a couple of neighbors
    Anyone else?
    Oz?

24. fatbillybob

Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Trev360 figured out how to delete the imobilizer out of the 360 ECU. Is this now common knowledge and can you delete the imobilizer out of an ECU?

25. Mmckee

Mmckee Formula 3
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2016
    Alta Loma, Ca
    Full Name:
    Mike