Center console warning light cluster Mods | FerrariChat

Center console warning light cluster Mods

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by AndruL, Jun 4, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AndruL

AndruL Karting

Apr 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    AndruL
    By design, the center console warning LEDs and backlight are off and only lit up when there is a fault detected so when driving at night, that area is completely dark. So I modified the board to have the backlight lit up and stayed on when the light switch is flipped. All other fault detection functions stayed the same. Looking a lot better when driving at night.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I got tired of seeing the red lights for Engine and Transmission oil when they're ok, so I disconnected it altogether, looks fine. ;-)
    But yours looks good too

3. AndruL

AndruL Karting

Apr 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    AndruL
    Yes, I took me a while to clear all the faults so that the red and amber fault LEDs would turn off. I didn’t even know that you would get a Green light when you turn the ignition on and there are no fault!

4. greatscott73

greatscott73 Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2017
    Eastern Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Howard Scott
    Nice job! Looks factory. I’m curious about your fault clearing. My “Lights” bulb is glowing for no apparent reason and would love to get rid of it. TIA

5. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Reminds me... Years ago I was trying to resolve the Red and Amber lights that had no other warning indicators. Turns out, someone had snipped off the "offending" leds inside of the unit. Gotta hate those flippin' "Highline" dealerships.

AndruL likes this.
  6. AndruL

AndruL Karting

Apr 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    AndruL
    You will need to resolve the problems that the fault LEDs are trying to warn you. In my case the following faults were on:

- Brake Warning Light. Root cause: Worn front brake pads grounded the brake sensors. Replaced front pads and sensors.
    - Lights. Root cause: Burnt light bulbs
    - Screen Washers. Root cause: Bad fluid level sensor. This item is NLA. I had to DIY a new float (I posted the how-to here)
    - Engine Oil. Root cause: Faulty oil level sensor on dip stick
    - Stop Light, Root cause: Wrong brake light switch was installed (2 prongs vs. 4 prongs)
    - Service Due. Root cause: Needed to be reset.

Once these issues were fixed, the system was happy and turned GREEN.

7. greatscott73

Sep 1, 2017
    Eastern Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Howard Scott
    Thanks for the info. It appears all lamps are working, but will investigate further.

8. AndruL

AndruL Karting

Apr 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    AndruL
    There should be a total of 5 lamps (2 for backlighting purposes + 3 at the bottom of the console for overall status GREEN for OK, AMBER for non critical faults and RED for critical faults) and 10 LEDs for each of the individual faults. Depending on which ones are on in your situation, post a picture and I'll see if I can assist.

9. greatscott73

Sep 1, 2017
    Eastern Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Howard Scott
    Found the issue. One of the license lights was making poor contact with corrosion apparent at the socket. Sometimes on, sometimes off, causing the "Lights" light to do its job. All fixed, and green light is now glowing! Thanks for the offer of assistance. I'm sure I will need it eventually!