Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread | Page 34 | FerrariChat

Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by maha, May 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula 3

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    Gorgeous engine. I prefer the car with no bodywork. With such a low engine and power train i echo the question of why the rear is so bulky. Will reserve judgement until I see it in the flesh, but not a fan of the design at all. It’s fusy in my eyes. An original design like the 458 is being messed with without uniformity of design concept. The two tone does no favors.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

F2003-GA, DRYHOLE and kandi like this.
  2. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical

Perhaps Ferrari are trying to attract the younger buyers with the high tech cockpit etc?

Awful lot of grey in that pic!

DRYHOLE likes this.
  3. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Look at the attendance in the photo....

4. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    #829 Albert-LP, May 31, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
    I just saw the car yesterday night: All the info I had were only words reported by friends, rumors, workers, consultants and so on and some ( bad and incomplete) pictures leaked. I just saw the car in person yesterday night and my opinion now is: the car proportions are great, the nose is a masterpiece, the interiors are great (especially with the carbon seats, very nice and comfortable too), the forged optional wheels are great looking, the red body and black roof is the best color combination, the new instrument screen is spectacular in the race mode and navigation mode, the shutoff Gurney flap is an excellent and elegant solution to have a rear wing with an elegant shape, I don't like carbon wheels, there is very low luggage room, Manzoni is a God gifted designer, the chassis is all new with carbon fiber reinforces.
    This said, I still prefer a Pista, even if this Stradale is another (higher) level car as Technology and innovation.

Ciao

5. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    to house a 200 kW size power inverter with CC and AC cables and its cooling

ciao

Caeruleus11 and of2worlds like this.
  6. Doctor Mark

Doctor Mark Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2005
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Mark Gronsbell
    Has sleek and uncluttered gone out of style?

day355, Timbo and ingegnere like this.
  7. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Two-tone would have been required or advised if it had a glass roof, but it doesn't.

I wonder why it doesn't have a glass roof? When I imagined "spaceship", I was thinking it'd have a glass roof.

8. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    I find that current Ferrari designs sacrifice purity of shape but also functional aerodynamics for gimmicky styling and a penchant for "graphical" design. For the former, see the Portofino treatment of the lower body (which is counterintuitive to aero principles especially as applied to racing GTs) and the flying butresses at the back. For the latter, see the repeated profile of the side window opening created by the swoop on the lower door and the shape of the rear quarter scoop.

Overall, I think that the principles of aerodynamics were sacrificed and styling was given precedence. This confirms, if any doubt remained, that GT racing is not in the cards for the Stradale, as the name implies. Or at least racing was not considered as a design objective.

day355 and crinoid like this.
  9. jomana

jomana Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2004
    Any confirmed news about pricing yet ?

10. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    Isn’t it amazing how some people -myself included- prefer the red/black car and some believe the grey car with the livery looks best? I thought the stripes looked odd the the painted front made the car look like a strange bird. I agree on the forged wheels... very hard to pick carbon when they are so gorgeous and arguably easier to maintain.
    I get your point on the Pista; very different cars and perhaps the Pista will be more fun on a mountain road. Mine just finished production so I will post my thoughts in a few weeks!

11. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Three days later car is growing on me
    front and side profile are fantastic
    rear a lot better with the first real pictures
    bi color is a no go for me
    full red with forged wheels
    no fiorano pack
    maximum carbon
    ( just my dream specs)

ggbh8, mark_2, of2worlds and 5 others like this.
  12. mhh

mhh F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    My dealer in Australia quoted a figure well below SVJ which pleased me. Plus options of course. The Fiorano pack won’t be cheap.

13. 458-Italia

458-Italia Formula 3

Jan 10, 2014
    France
    450 k€
    Pack Fiorano 50 k€

14. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    After seeing it in the real world, the black roof looks as great as it looks bad in pictures. Our eyes see in 3D, piuctures are 2D.

ciao

15. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Yes you're right ,
    But I don't understand why they didn't show at least one of the three cars exposed with a single color bodywork.
    Yes our eyes see in 3D and I guess a full red SF90 would be spectacular.
    ( not a Laferrari mimic )

16. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    It’s funny that the car has carbon all over the place (don’t get me wrong I love it!) except where it really matters for rigidity and weight loss, the chassis. Eheh Ferrari having fun with customers again...

day355 likes this.
  17. Doug23

Doug23 Karting

Jun 23, 2017
    Italy
    What's the purpose of that "slot"? Cosmetic? Looks like below it there's only luggage room (no S-Duct, no radiator)

18. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    #844 kandi, Jun 1, 2019
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Right. Apart from probably no functional use of that cut , where all the rain/washing water will go from the bonnet? Not funny

crinoid likes this.
  19. Red Sled

Red Sled Formula Junior

I have seen a wide range of guesstimates from €375k all the way to €600k base. I sense that Ferrari is essentially running a real-time Dutch auction where, based on the feedback after the previews, they will set a price that locks in a target number of orders, guessing perhaps 2000. That minimises any question from investors of leaving money on the table while also minimising the risk of over-pricing, which appears to have had some effect on the Monza. Looking at the Assetto Fiorano vs standard car, I imagine the real fun begins when trying to work out the cost of the "necessary" options.

Caeruleus11, of2worlds and ajr550 like this.
  20. Luque

Luque Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2009
    Italy
    You should compare laps wit the same tyre version. Cup2 or Cup2 R.
    Pista seems faster within circuit with quick bend and long straights.
    The italian gentleman driver 'powerslide lover' owns both cars and did fast lap attempt in Monza

488 Pista 1:55,6 (Cup2) with few mistakes
    GT2RS 1:56,5 (Cup2)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhNm_ifnMl8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsbeIot-kC4

Cheers

Luque

21. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    elmadi likes this.
  22. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    It seems to me that the price is now set. 450k EUR incl VAT and excluding options. That is what most dealers are telling me. At that price I think the car is a bargain especially comparing to an Aventador SV.
    I m sure once one adds The Fiorano pack and a few options the car will be 525k EUR. Still good value

23. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #849 noone1, Jun 1, 2019
    What a dumb comparison. What do you think ICE Ferraris ECUs are based on, mechanical slide rules? Do you think the fuel injection system is just controlled by a complex system of gears and pulleys? Every 10 year old Ferrari sold has a 10+ year old computer inside it. It has nothing to do with EV vs ICE. All modern cars use modern ECUs and computing hardware.

EVs are not any more similar to computers than ICEs. They are no less analog or more digital than ICEs. Electric motors are just motors. Batteries just provide power. What they less of is mechanical complexity, and that's a good thing. All that matters is that the wheels spin.

EV vs ICE will have no effect on residuals. Computers are intended to be cheap commodities. Computers depreciate so much that it can often be a waste of money to repair one vs buy a new one. Computers get "slow" since we are constantly writing software to exploit new hardware. None of these things really describe exotic cars. When was the last time Ferrari wanted to run new "software" on a 458 or where a single component breaking on a 458 was equal to 50% of the cost of an F8?

24. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Ferrari may advertise so, but given that the SF90's front motors disengage at higher speeds and is overall heavier, I am willing to bet that at higher speeds the LF will be the quicker car. I also believe that this is the reason that no 0-300 kph time is announced. Lastly, the lastest semi-slick tyres would easily account for the 0.7'' Fiorano lap time difference.

tekaefixe and of2worlds like this.