Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread | Page 29 | FerrariChat

Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by maha, May 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean

Agrred on the grey.
    As a new car it will work, it will have a warranty. As a used car, forget about protecting "value" that on the list drive a new car for free game is over. Each new model will truly suceed the old one, and yes the tech will age fast and be expensive to maintain so resale is not going to be protetcted as in the past. the new buisness model appears to add ecitement with new models regularuly and sustain new car sales. Lack of resale hasnt hurt Maclren, Aston or for that matter Rolls brands.
    Driving new car sales(within reason) is the game, and more new cars is more profit.

How many owners has ferrari aleinated over the past 15 years with its extreme and false "exclusivity" I can think of more than a few here.

As long a we get a few great drivers cars (you can actualy buy) from this modualr platform and expanded production, I dotn really care what else they make or how many, or what some notional resale is, thats not why I buy cars, or why I ever liked ferrari. I like to "drive".

F2003-GA and sampelligrino like this.
  2. ilikefastcars1

ilikefastcars1 Karting

Dec 11, 2010
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Thomas

Attached Files:

3. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
  4. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    No that is completely wrong. A few friends from UK were at the event and they were told 375k pounds which is roughly 509k base. Again don’t know for sure but it’s most definitely not 1.2 million.

F2003-GA likes this.
  5. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Part
    I’m afraid I don’t agree. Poor residuals really alienate buyers, in whatever segment of the market. McLaren will really struggle to finance growth in the medium to long term unless they can sort it out. There are so many brands that have gone to the wall over the years for this reason. Ferrari as a quoted company is doing many things right but if they push too far they will find that poor residuals becomes a vicious circle with funds that should be reserved for model development getting spent on discounting.

For clarity, I am certainly not saying this car will appreciate - far from it, but if the cost of ownership is unmanageable the market for it will shrink very quickly. They have to manage it, that’s all, and they are capable of doing that as they have shown.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  6. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    I asked a Ferrari executive who told me 450k EUR base (which ties in with your info), but also told me it is not fixed yet. At that price I think the car is a great buy

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

7. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    I keep going back and forth whether I like the design or not but I think it will look crazy cool in person. Especially without the two tone roof (will help make it sleeker IMO). Liking the Grigio Ferro SF90 AF spec (the AF part is hilarious if you are current with kids slang these days in the US)

Also yes it’s too bad they aren’t round taillights like F12 or quad like 812, but to be close to the new Camaro style is funny. Thankfully though these at least differ where they protrude out, more “tic tac” style, and more spacing in-between

Im curious if this design language is going to set the tone for little brother and the other incoming models, or if this is more of a one off design for the new 1000cv hybrid Mid engine supercar from Maranello... will the interesting C headlights and tic tac taillights move onto other models, I’m sure the interior will

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Why do you think it’s the new modular design? It may be A modular design however it is not the one we expected. As posted earlier the one we expected has the batteries in the floor per the illustration. This SF90 clearly doesn’t have them in the floor.

9. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    I think this is true especially if the car delivered after the must have options will be 600k+ delivered... but then again this is the first “accessible” hybrid so who really knows how the market will view it down the road. Maybe depends on the replacement, is it a lighter better hybrid, or pure electric, etc... surprisingly seems like at least P1/918/LaF values are holding well for being very complex and new hybrid tech. Wonder if that will be the norm or exception, the argument is the latter with those cars being so limited but again this seems to be a bit new turf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davitd likes this.
  10. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    I have no idea if 308 Vetro is right, but I spoke to the owner of my dealership yesterday morning, after the World Premiere to give him my impressions and asked him how many confirmed clients he had for the car. I cannot disclose the number, but I estimate it as 18 months of allocation for him and that is after just the 1st day of private viewings. I wouldn’t be surprised if there are no slots for the first 2 years from next week onwards.
    Please note that I am talking about pre-orders/confirmed interest, as there is no configurator, options list and final price yet, so I have not been asked to put down a deposit. That does not necessarily mean that everyone who’s confirmed interest will put down their money, so we shouldn’t overhype this. However it does show the car is very popular and in my opinion deservedly so.

I am also not so sure that residuals will be poor for the first 2-3 years. There seems to be too much demand for that to happen. For sure the car will drop after production finishes and the next best thing is launched, but then the same applies to any regular production Ferrari.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

11. Maximus1977

Maximus1977 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2016
    Why worry about residuals when Ferrari is offering ing the 7 years service on it?
    The current market pricing for a 918, P1 and LaF do clearly show the upsale; regardless if they are hypercars or not.
    Demand on these still is very, very high.

12. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Sound and Design MATTER. Maybe not for other marques, but for Ferrari, YES.

day355 and HotShoe like this.
  13. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    True although production of those 3 is quite low.As usual with SF90 being normal production we have not much idea how many they will make.

14. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017

C50, of2worlds, stavura and 1 other person like this.
  15. Maximus1977

Maximus1977 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2016
    Based off several dealers I'm suspecting between 30-50% of 812 numbers.
    My dealer had 10 allocations for the SP90 and about 30 for the 812.

uhn2000, F2003-GA and Ferrari 308 GTB like this.
  16. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Interesting,thanks for your estimation. How long do you envisage production?

17. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    The more I see of the SF90, the more I like it. Talk about sweating the details! The little things are very artistically executed.

crinoid likes this.
  18. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I really think it WILL look like a “spaceship” in person. 2D cannot possibly communicate the dynamics of perspective and the dimension and sculpture that are going on with this car. I think it will look amazing in person.

F2003-GA and G. Pepper like this.
  19. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    #719 dustman, May 31, 2019
    Last edited: May 31, 2019
    Photos of porto are ok. But in person I found the car to be very plastic looking, like you get in a GM body car if you know the look. And the design in person is just off with all the bits and angles. IMO a total miss.

HotShoe and crinoid like this.
  20. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    4 years

of2worlds and Ferrari 308 GTB like this.
  21. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Yeah front has way too much plastic. The rear of Portofino is very nice. The sides are tolerable in person.

22. Dolcevita

Dolcevita Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 5, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Craig
    dustman likes this.
  23. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Challenge and HotShoe like this.
  24. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Did you reduce your estimated Pista production lower from 2500 +1200 spider ?

25. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Quite simply it is the new modular design because it is the first ME version on the same Portofino platform which was the first FE effort. There are reasons why you are seeing the SF90 first but there are other models coming and they also start on this platform to. The changes you note are better explained by the engineers but it is not for me to say. What you are seeing is not the total picture. They have some very interesting ideas!

F2003-GA and Doug23 like this.